Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler  (Read 114910 times)

Offlinebrickbat

• Local Hero
Re: New book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2015, 08:13:24 PM »
Just to confirm here that my copy of the book arrived today. It was sent from France (I live in Holland). Just glanced through it for the moment, but it's very clear an excellent guide. Very detailed, lavishly illustrated, just the perfect commodity a DS/MK fan needs when on a trip to London. For those AMIT readers who haven't ordered it yet, this book definitely is a must-have, and even Mark himself should have a copy (signed by the author, of course! ;)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2015, 07:45:43 PM »
A friend of mine just let me know that someone is selling my book in EBay UK. I hope that is someone who wants to make some pounds with it and not someone disappointed with it  :lol
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2015, 10:18:11 PM »
A friend of mine just let me know that someone is selling my book in EBay UK. I hope that is someone who wants to make some pounds with it and not someone disappointed with it  :lol

Sounds stupid to me to buy it first then sell it so quickly after!! I can't imagine that your book disappoint someone!!!
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

foma

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2015, 10:22:59 PM »
It's not somebody selling your book, it's a book shop. I think they decided to just resell it. For £16.20 Hardback by the way.

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2015, 03:17:06 AM »
great job Julio and all involved :clap
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2015, 08:24:47 AM »
It's not somebody selling your book, it's a book shop. I think they decided to just resell it. For £16.20 Hardback by the way.

Oh, thats nice  :D

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2015, 09:34:38 AM »
Broke this month due to kids' birthdays and car repairs but will buy a copy soon. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesingv

• Camerado
  • Down that long highway
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2015, 04:57:27 PM »
Finally, someone did it!!  :clap :clap
Will order right now...Thanks jbaent!
I have wandered around London a few times trying to find MK related places...this will be a big help the "next time I'm in town". Shaftesbury Ave, here I come!
Spirits call from way beyond
Lord I may not disobey...

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2015, 03:35:52 PM »
There's a major webstore in Sweden selling it for about 29 USD and no shipping (it's via Lulu.com as publisher so it's directly from there somehow).

Thing is... Would jbaent still see the same money in his pockets? Which would be top priority for me.  :think
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2015, 03:59:44 PM »
There's a major webstore in Sweden selling it for about 29 USD and no shipping (it's via Lulu.com as publisher so it's directly from there somehow).

Thing is... Would jbaent still see the same money in his pockets? Which would be top priority for me.  :think

Not, actually from that sellers I get very little, only from lulu, but i wanted to make it available for everyone in multiple stores even it does means i dont get anything from it, which was never the point of writting and selling it.

surferboy

« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2015, 10:09:55 AM »
Dear Jabeant,

I have eagerly studied your book. After the Miles Palmer one ages ago it was long overdue that someone took the matter of an MK book in his hands and tried a new approach. And luckily it is done by a true fan to whom MK's music really means a lot. I was longing for such a book for a long time and thus I am very thankful for your effort.

I think that this book will develop further, even into a lifelong project for you. Not only by adding new places of new songs (hopefully), but also over time by deepening what you have started, meaning: adding more of MK's interview snippets etc. and adding the bits and pieces on the deeper meanings of the lyrics in his songs and of the places. The knowledge so many forumers collected in so many posts will otherwise get lost over the years.
In short, I see myself already ordering the 11th revised and enhanced edition in 2032!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:16:10 AM by surferboy »

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2015, 10:32:44 AM »
Dear Jabeant,

I have eagerly studied your book. After the Miles Palmer one ages ago it was long overdue that someone took the matter of an MK book in his hands and tried a new approach. And luckily it is done by a true fan to whom MK's music really means a lot. I was longing for such a book for a long time and thus I am very thankful for your effort.

I think that this book will develop further, even into a lifelong project for you. Not only by adding new places of new songs (hopefully), but also over time by deepening what you have started, meaning: adding more of MK's interview snippets etc. and adding the bits and pieces on the deeper meanings of the lyrics in his songs and of the places. The knowledge so many forumers collected in so many posts will otherwise get lost over the years.
In short, I see myself already ordering the 11th revised and enhanced edition in 2032!

Indeed, this book has the potential of growing to a large Tracker to MK's songs ;-)
And I want to ask people to buy the book through Lulu, after all his effort I think Jbaent deserves to get some money from it. Resellers also take their part, so nothing is left for him. And paying $ 3 extra or something like thatfor shipping won't do us all harm, half a pint less will do the job during the tour ;-)

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2015, 10:43:17 AM »

And I want to ask people to buy the book through Lulu, after all his effort I think Jbaent deserves to get some money from it. Resellers also take their part, so nothing is left for him. And paying $ 3 extra or something like thatfor shipping won't do us all harm, half a pint less will do the job during the tour ;-)

And that is why I asked :)
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2015, 10:47:24 AM »

And that is why I asked :)

And that's why I thought of asking all people here to do it like that. Thanks for writing it here Border-Reiver

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2015, 11:02:09 AM »
Dear Jabeant,

Surferboy, thank you very much for your comments, I´m very glad you like it so much!

That's a nice idea, actually I had many ideas for this book that in the end never made it into the book, because it was too much work, or I might search what copyright implications might have, but it´s great that any of you could add anything to a future update of the book!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:05:25 AM by jbaent »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 40 queries.