Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 2nd MK boxset 2009-2018  (Read 15252 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Re: 2nd MK boxset 2009-2018
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2022, 10:01:02 PM »
Am I the only one who got the CD Box on time on october 7th? Amazing...

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2022, 10:09:20 PM »
It's all strange. Information from October 6, MK com:

Due to unforeseen production issues at the factory, there will be a delay to the delivery of the 6CD box set format of Mark Knopfler - The Studio Albums 2009-2018
Universal Music Group would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused and will keep you updatedon the new release date as soon as this is known
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 10:14:29 PM by Robson »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineSG

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2022, 10:20:05 PM »

I got the CD box on time on October 7th.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2022, 11:34:24 AM »

Do the CD boxes all look OK? No obvious errors that might have led to a recall?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2022, 11:35:50 AM »

Do the CD boxes all look OK? No obvious errors that might have led to a recall?
The quality is pretty low, looks cheap, like the first one, but I didn't spot any obvious gross mistake.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2022, 11:57:24 AM »
New information. Another delay. The box should arrive on November 4 >:(
Clear as the day

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2022, 12:31:35 PM »
Most problems are known with the vinyl-versions of such records made by GZ-MEDIA in Czech Republic. It is like a lottery, if you get pristine or faulty copies from that pressing-plant. I have ordered the Vinyl-box and i pray to god to get perfect copies.
Most mistakes by GZ-Media are the following ones: seam-splits in the cover, warped records, pressings with scratches, haarlines or with stitchings on the surface. Sometimes they could have dirt or dust  in the sleeves. So check your vinyl-copies out.
We are fools to make war

Offlinebobfan

• Guitar George
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2022, 09:30:56 PM »
I disagree. Obviously,  Precious Voice from Heaven isn't a new classic like Telegraph Road, but it is way, way better than most of DTRW, which I personally think it is the weakest MK or DS album by far. Leaving this song and Pale Imitation out of that record is the single most absurd piece of decision-making since Dylan left Blind Williw McTell out of Infidels

I was underwhelmed with Down The Road Wherever. That being said, I think 'Drover's Road' was a fantastic song, as is 'Sky and Water', how they were bonus tracks while songs like 'My Bacon Roll', and 'Heavy Up',  made the cut Mark only knows. Perhaps he felt he had covered that territory before. I enjoy 'Trapper Man', 'One Song At A Time', and 'Good On You Son' too, but I skip the rest of the album.

OfflineShangri-La

• Local Hero
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2022, 04:32:34 PM »
DTRW is a great album. After Shangri-La and STP.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2022, 07:21:08 PM »
MKTwitter:

UPDATE: The 6CD box set edition of The Studio Albums 2009-2018, will be shipping from 4th November, and is available to pre-order now. The 9LP and digital release are out now.

:thumbsup :)
Clear as the day

OfflineBeryl

• Guitar George
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2022, 12:00:02 AM »
I disagree. Obviously,  Precious Voice from Heaven isn't a new classic like Telegraph Road, but it is way, way better than most of DTRW, which I personally think it is the weakest MK or DS album by far. Leaving this song and Pale Imitation out of that record is the single most absurd piece of decision-making since Dylan left Blind Williw McTell out of Infidels

I was underwhelmed with Down The Road Wherever. That being said, I think 'Drover's Road' was a fantastic song, as is 'Sky and Water', how they were bonus tracks while songs like 'My Bacon Roll', and 'Heavy Up',  made the cut Mark only knows. Perhaps he felt he had covered that territory before. I enjoy 'Trapper Man', 'One Song At A Time', and 'Good On You Son' too, but I skip the rest of the album.

There is no album in MK history as bad as DTRW. Half baked ideas, reusing of melodies, way too many fillers, no excitement at all. Like yourself, I like Drovers Road, Floating Away and One Song at a Time, but that's about it from the demented official tracklist. Heavy Up and Nobody Does That are pure, quintaessential, very poor and bland nonsense which go nowhere for way too long time; the Junkie Doll-You'll never Walk Alone mixture is just lazy; Matchstick Man is weak storytelling with a melody fully self-stolen from the amazing, hugely superior Heart of Oak; Back on the dance floor reuses Terminal of Tribute To for the verse and steals the chorus from The Letter, the great Box Tops song. And the rest is forgettable at best. Amazingly, I like very much almost all the excluded material.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2022, 12:10:19 AM »
Very harsh statement.
When you leave and slow learner are very moving.
Matchstick man is a bit dry on the record but live it almost brought me to tears.
Dance floor and My bacon roll are great songs.
One song at a time is an absolute masterpiece.
Don't suck me in and precious voice from heaven should have been on the record...

OfflineBeryl

• Guitar George
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2022, 01:06:29 AM »
Very harsh statement.
When you leave and slow learner are very moving.
Matchstick man is a bit dry on the record but live it almost brought me to tears.
Dance floor and My bacon roll are great songs.
One song at a time is an absolute masterpiece.
Don't suck me in and precious voice from heaven should have been on the record...
A
Yes, maybe a bit harsh. Sorry if it sounded obnoxious. But music is up to each one's taste. Plus the poverty of kast album's songwriting and all the recycling and reusing in DTRW are things that cannot be deined. MK has quoted himself many times before (WOL becoming Cannibals, MFN becoming Heavy Fuel becoming Imelda, The Mans too strong becoming Iron Hand becoming Je Suis Desolé becoming Privateering, All That Matters becoming Secondary Waltz becoming Monteleone, etc) but that was primarily copying the style, the air of the song. But lately he recycles full segments of songs (in Tracker we could see it, he chorus of Beryl stolen from the chorus of Behind With the Rent, Long Cool Girl based on Romeo and Juliet coda), and in DTRW it's too frequent. Actually, this slowing down of creativity has come very late: it is safe to say that MK has been an astonishing creative force for four decades, a lot more prolific, original, curious and inventive songwriter than any other of his peers (including Springsteen, Dylan, McCartney, Van Morrison, Paul Simon, Elton John and Sting). Unparalelled. But last album is poor, sorry. That's my take on this subject. Let's hope next one regains all the fire and originality

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2022, 06:06:15 AM »
MKTwitter:

UPDATE: The 6CD box set edition of The Studio Albums 2009-2018, will be shipping from 4th November, and is available to pre-order now. The 9LP and digital release are out now.

:thumbsup :)

thanks for that update....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2022, 08:26:10 AM »
Those of you who have the early version of the box... What was wrong with it?
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 33 queries.