Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Only standard album on streaming platforms ?  (Read 413 times)

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
Only standard album on streaming platforms ?
« on: April 12, 2024, 09:34:15 AM »
Hi everyone
At midnight I wanted to hear the bonus tracks from the vinyl version and I found none (even the bonus tracks from the CD version) on YouTube Music.
Are they on the other streaming platforms?
I chose YouTube Music because I can upload music that isn’t officially released like bootlegs. I don’t know if another platform allows to do that.
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
Re: Only standard album on streaming platforms ?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 09:38:07 AM »
They aren't.
I think it's a good choice. The album ends with One Deep River, not the bonus songs.

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 09:51:20 AM »
They usually, with other artists (including previous MK records), add the deluxe version of the same record, but that would be probably just the 5 bonus tracks on the deluxe 2cd version, so the tracks on the bonus LP included in the box won't be on any streaming platform.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 10:35:58 AM »
Yes, same on YouTube music, only regular album. Maybe later....

I just got my double CD edition from FNAC in France, listening to the bonus CD now.
Any way to here the additional (only available on the super box on LP, which really pisses me off, I don't own a turntable and don't intend to own one, nor to pay 100+ for a big box just for that)?

Offlinejf9081

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 10:45:40 AM »

I just got my double CD edition from FNAC in France, listening to the bonus CD now.
Any way to here the additional (only available on the super box on LP, which really pisses me off, I don't own a turntable and don't intend to own one, nor to pay 100+ for a big box just for that)?

I share!
I got my Blu-ray copy, I don't have a turntable, I don't care about the box. I would only get the box if there was the code to download everything, but apparently that's not the case.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 11:19:16 AM »

I share!
I got my Blu-ray copy, I don't have a turntable, I don't care about the box. I would only get the box if there was the code to download everything, but apparently that's not the case.
I actually wanted it on blu Ray, but superdeluxeedition says "sold out". Any way to get one? Anyway I'm pretty happy with the cd sound, the production is excellent as usual.

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2024, 11:23:15 AM »

I share!
I actually wanted it on blu Ray, but superdeluxeedition says "sold out". Any way to get one? Anyway I'm pretty happy with the cd sound, the production is excellent as usual.

I guess you would had to pay big amounts from re-sellers...

A good advice is buy these kind of things while you can in preorder!

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2024, 11:29:37 AM »

I share!

I am actually tried to pre-order but it was aleasy sold out even back then. I really didn't expect this to be so fast...
They are really tiring me with their childish marketing. Can't stand these "4 bonus songs only available in Zimbabwe on February 31st, on LP in a super $200 box with an exclusive roll of toilet paper used by MK" kind of shit. Give me all the songs on a CD, tell me how much I should pay, and enough!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 11:54:33 AM by herlock »

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2024, 11:51:09 AM »

I share!

I actually tried to pre-order but it was aleasy sold out even back then. I really didn't expect this to be so fast...
They are really tiring me with their childish marketing. Can't stand these "4 bonus songs only available in Zimbabwe on February 31st, on LP in a super $200 box with an exclusive roll of toilet paper used by MK" kind of shit. Give me all the songs on a CD, tell me how much I should pay, and enough!

It's a two way road, the milk the fans this way, and the fans get extra songs that won't get if they don't do that.

With RPD we only got one extra song, same with Shangrila, with KTGC we didn't get any extra, it was with Get Lucky we started to get extra songs that we were not getting in previous records paying extra for boxes, special editions etc...

I see it very easily, they offer us extras that we were not getting with the previous records and we are free to pay for them or not, we can just buy the standard record, like before when we had those offerings.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2024, 11:55:50 AM »

I share!

I actually tried to pre-order but it was aleasy sold out even back then. I really didn't expect this to be so fast...

It's a two way road, the milk the fans this way, and the fans get extra songs that won't get if they don't do that.

With RPD we only got one extra song, same with Shangrila, with KTGC we didn't get any extra, it was with Get Lucky we started to get extra songs that we were not getting in previous records paying extra for boxes, special editions etc...

I see it very easily, they offer us extras that we were not getting with the previous records and we are free to pay for them or not, we can just buy the standard record, like before when we had those offerings.
It's not like the bonus were insignificant. This year breaks all records: 12 "main" songs, 51 minutes only, and 9 "bonus" songs, almost doubling the length!!

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2024, 12:06:54 PM »
They made an extra 500 blu-rays and I "got lucky" at that point, arrives tomorrow.

The Guitar Heroes blu-ray sells for crazy sums now. Seems blu-ray is the new vinyl!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 35 queries.