Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 606780 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #675 on: September 13, 2012, 06:03:54 PM »
not sure if what he wrote is necesarrily what we read from it ...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #676 on: September 13, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
Remember that for a past tour Guy did provide the rehearsed setlist but refuse now.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #677 on: September 13, 2012, 06:39:39 PM »
Remember that for a past tour Guy did provide the rehearsed setlist but refuse now.

No, it was after the cancelled 2003 tour he revealed the songs rehearsed.

he never did before a tour, and after not very often.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #678 on: September 13, 2012, 07:33:12 PM »
I really hate it when I write something in that forum and some boot licker shows up to twist my words.

Don't know if he's a member here, but Roland Dent has the knack of infuriating me.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Love Expresso

« Reply #679 on: September 13, 2012, 07:34:21 PM »
Oh, Roland Dent. Got to know him, too!!! Never mind, he is just.... well... Roland Dent...  :lol :lol

LE

Love Expresso

« Reply #680 on: September 13, 2012, 07:37:02 PM »
btw, lots of interesting posts today, and Guy seems to be in a better mood in general since a few weeks... there is one post of a poster who calls himself
"Jackal"... do you think it is our ancient and heavily missed Jackal? The YouTube clip he posted is a hint that it might possibly him indeed... . ;)

LE

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #681 on: September 13, 2012, 07:52:01 PM »
Oh, Roland Dent. Got to know him, too!!! Never mind, he is just.... well... Roland Dent...  :lol :lol

LE

Still cannot believe he implied that Mark's guitars could be confiscated in Brazil because "they are made from a protected type of hardwood". Some people need to get a life! South America isn't the end of the world! Joe Cocker, Eric Clapton, Rod Stewart and many others don't come here every now and then because the wanna drink caipirinhas - nor for charity. The distance isn't an excuse either, USA and Canada are not that closer.

Sorry about the outflow, guys. I've calmed down now...

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #682 on: September 13, 2012, 07:54:32 PM »
btw, lots of interesting posts today, and Guy seems to be in a better mood in general since a few weeks... there is one post of a poster who calls himself
"Jackal"... do you think it is our ancient and heavily missed Jackal? The YouTube clip he posted is a hint that it might possibly him indeed... . ;)

LE

Please help me remember this Jackal thing lol

Love Expresso

« Reply #683 on: September 13, 2012, 08:00:01 PM »
Oh, not really important - it seems it was shortly before you entered AMIT! Jackal was a member who contributed a lot to the forum, played guitar and had a good sense of humour. I remember him running a literatur blog... and suddenly he was gone, without a fight or any offence, he was just .. gone.

Please do not interpret too much into it: There are always changes - people come, people go, and some other also decided to leave... but after several years of posting together I tend to be .. clingy!  ;)

A really great thing however is the fact that during the last weeks/months so many other new members decided to take part here, and post on a regular base - always enriching our daily output! That includes you, of course!  8)

LE

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #684 on: September 13, 2012, 08:13:34 PM »
Oh, not really important - it seems it was shortly before you entered AMIT! Jackal was a member who contributed a lot to the forum, played guitar and had a good sense of humour. I remember him running a literatur blog... and suddenly he was gone, without a fight or any offence, he was just .. gone.

Please do not interpret too much into it: There are always changes - people come, people go, and some other also decided to leave... but after several years of posting together I tend to be .. clingy!  ;)

A really great thing however is the fact that during the last weeks/months so many other new members decided to take part here, and post on a regular base - always enriching our daily output! That includes you, of course!  8)

LE

Thanks, LE:) I really don't know why I didn't join AMIT before.

Re Jackal, maybe he's just taking some time off. I did it myself recently, didn't post in Guy's forum for about 6 months, just couldn't be bothered.

Being here is great, makes me remember of the time I thought I was alone on the island - 'are there other people like me out there?'. Glad there are:)

Offlinejennja

• Guitar George
« Reply #685 on: September 14, 2012, 02:39:35 AM »
Oh, Roland Dent. Got to know him, too!!! Never mind, he is just.... well... Roland Dent...   

LE""

( i don't know how to copy...so I did this)

hahaha. Yep! I put up that vid of the Dude...not for Paulo...but for Roland. Sometimes I too just want to yank that guy. Actually, I kind of like his bizarre-ness...it's just different. Thing that gets me most about it is, it's so classically the stereotype of the snobbish Brit--and it seems so surprising he has the nerve to do it to even Guy--another Brit.
" I'm just living with the ringing of tomorrow's ancient rhymes"

Offlinea visitor

• Local Hero
« Reply #686 on: September 14, 2012, 06:57:03 AM »
There's nothing about Dent that I find typically British. He's just a total screwball.

I have also noticed that Guy's answers are much more friendly now. That's nice. Maybe he just went through some difficult time. It happens.

Love Expresso

« Reply #687 on: September 14, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »
I have do defend Roland Dent a little bit me thinks:

Apart from that latest story where he accuses Guy not to know anything about cars, he is friendly and helpful most of the time. I once had a story with him about using a term which upset him because he thought it was military and I was German... but since then, I guess it is more some penetrant kind of nitpicking in a way. Never understood the Senior thing (is there a junior either at Guy's forum?) And he changes locations all the time.... Funny guy somehow...  ;)

LE

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #688 on: September 14, 2012, 02:44:39 PM »
You obviously don't remember the Sony MDR-7520 story.

He was brillant  ;D

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
« Reply #689 on: September 14, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »
I can't make my mind up about Roland. He is happy to accept advice/information on things he knows little about, but he certainly has his own  views on things !  As far as him moving about. His first posts were all from Tow Law, but I wonder if he is a long distance lorry driver, as I have also seen them from various locations in Europe. ?

Aidan.
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 44 queries.