Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 600331 times)

OfflineDIFFICULTTOBELIEVE

• Local Hero
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #525 on: March 27, 2012, 11:54:11 PM »
I think, for what it's worth, that Rick Lake, who asked Guy the question, is likely to be "on the money". Strange phrase to pop into Guy's head otherwise. Autumn album release, album promoted in the US whilst touring with BD,  followed by Mark's own Spring tour. Sounds good/logical to me. I would wager some promo stuff before Mark goes off with Dylan to keep the home fans happy.

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #526 on: March 28, 2012, 12:08:47 AM »
Ok..this is my guess..September release..followed by...October promos, and November-December MK/BD Tour , off for the Holidays, back into the studio in  February for rehearsals..for the spring MK Tour to finish (for now). That's my story and I'm sticking to it  ;).
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Love Expresso

« Reply #527 on: March 28, 2012, 07:51:20 AM »
I think, for what it's worth, that Rick Lake, who asked Guy the question, is likely to be "on the money". Strange phrase to pop into Guy's head otherwise. Autumn album release, album promoted in the US whilst touring with BD,  followed by Mark's own Spring tour. Sounds good/logical to me. I would wager some promo stuff before Mark goes off with Dylan to keep the home fans happy.

Well, I am amused about that he is amused about all the people asking Guy about touring and album release - and then he does exactly the same. Funny guy. (Oh yes, I am biased  ;) )

LE

• Local Hero
« Reply #528 on: March 28, 2012, 09:03:10 AM »

Well, I am amused about that he is amused about all the people asking Guy about touring and album release - and then he does exactly the same. Funny guy. (Oh yes, I am biased  ;) )

Who is amused about what?
Who does exactly the same?

Rick's question might have got a "doh" from Guy. Don't ask me why it didn't - ask Guy. What it got was an answer containing the phrase "right on the money", and I think that is revealing. Guy would be unlikely to have used that phrase unless it had popped into his head on reading Rick's question. Only my hypothesis.

Time to move on LE don't you think?

LE

Jackal

« Reply #529 on: March 28, 2012, 09:15:48 AM »
Now, what's important is not what who said what, but what who said what when, and including, but not limited to, if where what who said what is confirmed prior to the initial statement.

• Local Hero
« Reply #530 on: March 28, 2012, 10:05:40 AM »
Sorry about my poor use of the "quote" function. :disbelief. Must do better! Hopefully my post is understood.

Love Expresso

« Reply #531 on: March 28, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »
"Difficulttobelieve - doh - love expresso"  seems to have a certain relation here. Please, Difficulttobelieve, read the question that Mr. Rick Lake asked at Guy's forum, and after that I would think that it is pretty clear what I was talking about. He is amused about people asking about release dates and tour beginning and then he asks exactly the same. I hope I am allowed to utter here what amuses me and what not without getting the killing term "time to move on" too often. The use of an emoticon was also done by me with a certain intension. The "money" aspect about this question is something that wasn't mentioned in my previous post at all.

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #532 on: March 30, 2012, 08:34:49 AM »
Hey LE!

I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #533 on: March 30, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »
I saw that, I think so, too! New discipline: Getting DOH's from Guy...

;D

LE

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #534 on: March 30, 2012, 04:39:34 PM »
I don't think there is going to be another MK/Dylan tour, whether in the US, Europe, South America, China, Africa, or Antarctica. I think there may have been some plans but they fell through. But then again, there could be.  :P

"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #535 on: March 30, 2012, 05:18:34 PM »
Today from Guy:

No i will not ask you about any details of the new tour but i was wondering if you already when it starts and were it will end. In other words: Is everything ready to go or are they still working on some details?

Guy:   Plans are afoot.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #536 on: March 31, 2012, 03:35:31 AM »
ARRRGGHH! I guess I should be thankful of the hair loss I've already weathered over the years..otherwise I'd be pulling it out in clumps by now.  ;D
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #537 on: March 31, 2012, 10:23:16 AM »
Dan could well be right that another BD/MK tour will not happen.

All that was indicated, by several sources, is that, last November, the two of them had wished to do so and that, in effect, both had pencilled time aside in their diaries in the year ahead.  Bearing in mind Dylan's past touring patterns, this pointed to a month or two ahead of Thanksgiving 2012. Logic suggested that this would be in North America. However, back last Novemeber, nothing would have been firmed up and, for both these jolly chappies, nothing is set in stone until it's set in stone.

With what we know of Dylan's future touring plans (South and Central America in April/May and a "festivals plus" series of shows in Europe from late June into July), a joint BD/MK tour later in the year is still a possibilty. He has no American dates announced for 2012 this year at all, so a tour there is a distinct possibility. As for Mr K, we only know that "plans are afoot" not what those plans might be.

I still lean towards a joint BD/MK tour of North America in October and November but nothing is certain and, as they say, it takes two to tango.

Love Expresso

« Reply #538 on: March 31, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »
Short, because I am at work....

Dylan is doing 4 live open air shows in Germany in July:

July 2nd Berlin
July 3rd Dresden
July 4th Bonn
July 6th Bad Mergentheim

Confirmed

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #539 on: April 01, 2012, 02:01:37 AM »
Am considering Bonn....
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 47 queries.