Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 600379 times)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #570 on: April 03, 2012, 08:55:37 PM »
JF, a real gem! Hilarious thanks for mentioning it! I haven't seen the inside of a pub for all my life! So this must be the closest I get to it. I will have a nice hot milk...

I like MK doing all this music with people I probably wouldn't have listened otherwise. Unfortunately, apart from the ones I already knew and liked, I can't say that the rest influenced me at all, or even bothered me after a few spins.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #571 on: April 03, 2012, 08:57:32 PM »
Would guy not haved deleted it would it have been true?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

« Reply #572 on: April 03, 2012, 09:40:22 PM »
Pottel, I thought exactly the same, but then again my idea was that he didn't read the complete post at all (you know going into bla-bla-bla modus after the first few lines as I am sure he usually does with posts longer than 3 lines).

Val, the story could be sentimental, that's right, and I fear that, too. I had immediately the impression of another Heart Full Of Holes, don't know why exactly. Also the fact that Bebnettceddidnid is a policeman on his own gave me the idea he made it all up, but then again, Guy's comment is open, it could be true... That by the way is exactly what I expected here to be talked about!  ;D

LE

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #573 on: April 04, 2012, 02:06:33 PM »
The whole Irish Cop in New York City - Sounds like the premise of the TV show Blue Bloods! :lol ;)
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #574 on: April 04, 2012, 05:56:13 PM »
I'm not too keen on either the title or the fact that it's about an Irish NY cop. Somehow it just doesn't sound like something MK would write a song about - I don't know why, just a feeling!   It sounds as though it could be a bit sentimental.  :-\  

Anyway, here's a snippet of "What a Wonderful World" from the Chris Botti album "Impressions".  I'm really looking forward to hearing the whole song on 17th April!    :P

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_srch_drd_B007QWR6ZM?ie=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=digital-music&field-keywords=Chris%20Botti%20featuring%20Mark%20Knopfler

Mmmm, MK's voice sounds beautiful!

Why bother doing this cover?  I mean Louis owns this song.  All I can hear is him singing and all everyone will do is compare.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #575 on: April 04, 2012, 07:18:58 PM »
You are right in terms of that it IS a rare occasion that Mark interprets another man's song. He did for Bob lately, and how he took an all time world wide
mega hit song to do so. I was thinking about why he is doing it, too. I heard about some "lack of inspiration" (referring to the album delay) but would never agree to this. Maybe he feels that he really has a unique voice now. About covering in general I find it ok to do so. It has alway been done and it fits to Mark's credo that the song is the boss, not the singer.

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #576 on: April 04, 2012, 10:30:15 PM »
I'm not too keen on either the title or the fact that it's about an Irish NY cop. Somehow it just doesn't sound like something MK would write a song about - I don't know why, just a feeling!   It sounds as though it could be a bit sentimental.  :-\   

Anyway, here's a snippet of "What a Wonderful World" from the Chris Botti album "Impressions".  I'm really looking forward to hearing the whole song on 17th April!    :P

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_srch_drd_B007QWR6ZM?ie=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=digital-music&field-keywords=Chris%20Botti%20featuring%20Mark%20Knopfler

Why bother doing this cover?  I mean Louis owns this song.  All I can hear is him singing and all everyone will do is compare.

like i care, i really, really like his take, and it features some great licks (at least in the minute or so we already heard)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #577 on: April 04, 2012, 10:31:41 PM »
maybe chriss propsoed it and he said, hey, why not, always liked that song, since my childhood days.
maybe the reason to why he does or does not do things is way more down to earth and even boring as all the theories we come up with...

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #578 on: April 07, 2012, 06:59:16 PM »
TO TALK ABOUT GUY'S FORUM AGAIN, I wonder how it comes that there was no reaction so far around here about the new song that was mentioned by the Baltimore Policeman, BPDNEDCID or what he was called. He talks about MY IRISH HEART and even about some of the story of the song, as told to him by Chris Botti. A story about an irish cop in New York City.

LE

Didnt noticed about this LE post...

Does it means that there is a track titled "My irish heart" in the new MK cd? I read in Guy
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #579 on: April 09, 2012, 09:31:44 PM »
Anyway, here's a snippet of "What a Wonderful World" from the Chris Botti album "Impressions".  I'm really looking forward to hearing the whole song on 17th April!    :P

Dear friends, I didn't have much time the last few weeks to read the forum and see I missed some information!  :o

First of all I read 3 pages back that there might be a Tour in 2013??  ???

Second thanks for posting this link Val!  :-* I didn't know about this song and .........yeahhhh it sounds beautiful!  :P

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Love Expresso

« Reply #580 on: April 10, 2012, 08:14:50 AM »
I just discovered that Guy has obviously erased the "All I can say is WOW!"-part  from his latest facebook posting. So maybe he thinks it's not soooo WOW now three weeks after mixing... he he he   ;D  JUST KIDDING!  But strange nonetheless...

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #581 on: April 18, 2012, 12:18:54 PM »
Guy: tour(s) are in the planning

So...

A solo tour and a BD tour?
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #582 on: April 18, 2012, 01:17:09 PM »
Guy: tour(s) are in the planning

So...

A solo tour and a BD tour?

Its what we were talking about in the forum, the "to be announced" tours with Bob Dylan this autumm in the States and the MK solo tour in 2013.

All based in informations from here and there, but it looks like its gonna be something like that.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #583 on: May 09, 2012, 08:53:59 AM »
had a big grin on my face this morning when i saw Guy's response to Roland Dent's answer to my earlier post. muaahaaahhh  ;D

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #584 on: May 09, 2012, 09:59:29 AM »
had a big grin on my face this morning when i saw Guy's response to Roland Dent's answer to my earlier post. muaahaaahhh  ;D

I noticed!   :)     I just wish he would spill the beans about the exciting news from Cordoba!  I'm itching to know!   ;D   Surely someone has asked him by now.  ???

EDIT:   I just asked him.   ;D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:23:50 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 43 queries.