Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: No Tour with the new album.  (Read 43609 times)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Re: No Tour with the new album.
« Reply #420 on: April 12, 2024, 06:12:12 PM »
Mark was probably the only artist I was ready to witness until the painful end but he has retired before the one he should not do.
For my other artists that is me who retired first.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #421 on: April 12, 2024, 06:13:41 PM »
After witnessing MK walking onto/off the stage there is no way in the world sadly that the poor old chap could tour anymore. Was painful to see him walking, bent over like he did...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #422 on: April 12, 2024, 09:11:11 PM »
I have the greatest respect for him for recognizing the right time to leave the stage.
It certainly wasn't easy to make this decision, but I have the feeling that he has come to terms with the decision and now seems satisfied to me.
Let's hope that he can pursue his passion for many more years and surprise us with good music every now and then.
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #423 on: April 12, 2024, 09:24:20 PM »
I have the greatest respect for him for recognizing the right time to leave the stage.
It certainly wasn't easy to make this decision, but I have the feeling that he has come to terms with the decision and now seems satisfied to me.
Let's hope that he can pursue his passion for many more years and surprise us with good music every now and then.

Exactly!
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #424 on: April 12, 2024, 10:03:11 PM »

My wife and I were chatting on the way back from London and we both agree he seemed happier and was really chatty in fact I think we'd still be in the cinema if Mark had his way! I wonder if it's because he does not have the pressure to play live anymore and he can relax. Mark was really in such a great mood looking around at us all and engaging!

I'm very confident having seen him today that there is more music to come however!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OnlineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #425 on: April 13, 2024, 08:18:12 AM »
I fully agree and I am fine with his decision. He's not a machine and he has done a lot of tours to please us. But I also admit, when I heard the new song from the EP, I really imagined to hear it live full blast from his excellent band. This song is made to be played live. The album itself to me is made to listen to carefully at home.

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #426 on: April 13, 2024, 08:34:19 AM »
I fully agree and I am fine with his decision. He's not a machine and he has done a lot of tours to please us. But I also admit, when I heard the new song from the EP, I really imagined to hear it live full blast from his excellent band. This song is made to be played live. The album itself to me is made to listen to carefully at home.

LE

LE,

Great words my friend. When we heared 'All comers' yesterday we were indeed lucky to hear it through the cinema sound system which was the nearest we will get to a Live version. Shades of Border Reiver immediately came to mind and like you would give anything to have heard it with the full band Live!!

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
« Reply #427 on: April 13, 2024, 08:51:56 AM »

LE

Exactly my thoughts LE.
I enjoy it at home. No need to be played at concerts. Maybe someday I blow up the Atmos mix on my soundsystem
Love will find a Way

Offlinearthurvanb

• Guitar George
  • You and Your Friend
« Reply #428 on: April 15, 2024, 12:28:02 PM »
I still hope he’ll do some small live shows here and there, TV performances maybe? Do one last live ‘concert’ somewhere in a studio or on location in Newcastle for DVD. There are surely some great songs I’d love to have seen a live version of.
Scavenger’s Yard played with the whole band like Done With Bonaparte. Ahead of the Game same. Watch me Gone with one single big white light on Mark..

I actually thought the last two shows in Antwerp and Amsterdam I saw were some of the best I’ve seen from him!

Personal tragedy: I didn’t go to the MK & Emmylou Harris show because back then I was young and didn’t know Emmylou yet… Wow what a mistake… ;)

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #429 on: April 15, 2024, 12:31:42 PM »
I still hope he’ll do some small live shows here and there, TV performances maybe? Do one last live ‘concert’ somewhere in a studio or on location in Newcastle for DVD. There are surely some great songs I’d love to have seen a live version of.
Scavenger’s Yard played with the whole band like Done With Bonaparte. Ahead of the Game same. Watch me Gone with one single big white light on Mark..

I actually thought the last two shows in Antwerp and Amsterdam I saw were some of the best I’ve seen from him!

Personal tragedy: I didn’t go to the MK & Emmylou Harris show because back then I was young and didn’t know Emmylou yet… Wow what a mistake… ;)

Chances are very slim, because it would need time for Mark to rehearse, time for band to rehearse etc. I think that Mark has made his decision and is happy with it now. Although I am definitely with you on the need to hear those songs live with longer outros etc.

Offlinearthurvanb

• Guitar George
  • You and Your Friend
« Reply #430 on: April 15, 2024, 12:35:12 PM »
Knowing Mark he usually does what he likes, he rarely really pleases his fans. Although he talked about it a lot, he sounded a bit sarcastic from time to time, talking about his age and physical problems, I still had hopes but yes chances will be slim..

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #431 on: April 15, 2024, 12:40:55 PM »
Chances are no slim.

THERE ARE NO CHANCES.

MK already stated that in interviews promoting the new record.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinenando_5994

• Local Hero
« Reply #432 on: April 15, 2024, 12:57:20 PM »
About his health: He would benefit greatly from losing weight. For the problem in your spine that seems to limit your mobility or for your health in general. But that's his choice. With or without a tour, I'm very pleased with the new album!

Onlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #433 on: April 15, 2024, 01:07:57 PM »
I still hope he’ll do some small live shows here and there, TV performances maybe? Do one last live ‘concert’ somewhere in a studio or on location in Newcastle for DVD.
No more live concerts, shows or performances, my friend.
But I can see him pick up a guitar and play a song for the Brian Johnson TV show thing. That would be feasible.

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #434 on: April 15, 2024, 07:29:05 PM »
I still hope he’ll do some small live shows here and there, TV performances maybe? Do one last live ‘concert’ somewhere in a studio or on location in Newcastle for DVD.
No more live concerts, shows or performances, my friend.
But I can see him pick up a guitar and play a song for the Brian Johnson TV show thing. That would be feasible.

And I hope that will happen In Emmylou's living room.  :)
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 38 queries.