Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Get Lucky promo 2009  (Read 195993 times)

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
Re: Get Lucky promo 2009
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2009, 11:57:11 PM »
MK interview for Stereo magazine (in German) "I'm not an audio freak"  ;D

http://www.stereo.de/index.php?id=42

OfflineLocalhero

• Guitar George
    • local-hero.org
« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2009, 12:35:45 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for the messages, my back is better now :)
Some news about the french TV show Taratata where MK has played "Get Lucky" + a short interview.
The whole show will be broadcasted 07/10 at 20h35 (Paris time) on channel France 4.
Of course I will record it (sat)  ;)
David

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2009, 12:45:41 AM »
Hi David, nice to hear that you've got better.  I know, you can't miss this period, promo appearances, shows and gigs, full of excitement and joys.   :)

Best wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2009, 07:54:14 AM »
what was the recording date of the taratata show? sept. 11?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2009, 09:06:46 AM »

Hehe, can I point out the musically irrelevant parts of this interview?  ;D He says he tries to stay fit, plays tennis, uses dumbbells. So maybe there's hope he will lose some of those love handles?  ;D

Love Expresso

« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2009, 10:13:33 AM »
Wait a sec  :o So... They will broadcast the 2008 concert on WDR 2 and he MIGHT appear in a boring TV magazine for culture nerds? I'm not too happy about the choice but I guess I'll be in Cologne on Oct 4 then  ;D

EDIT: Good Lord, that moderator is one ugly guy!  ;D

Mistake here? I thought it was Ndr2, and I know the show "radiokonzert". They used to send complete shows in the last years (Hamburg 2001, or with
Emmylou in Verona), but for a few months now they have given that up and put together a live programme from different sources. So my guess is:
It is called K
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:17:51 AM by Love Expresso »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2009, 11:00:05 AM »

Google translation:

"I'm not an audio freak"
 Mark Knopfler takes a stand
 London sweats.  Mark Knopfler is also being interviewed in the "Bluebird Cafe" in the upmarket Kensington area of sweat on his forehead.  We meet just 60 to become guitar god on the occasion of his sixth and, as always elegantly casual-sounding solo album "Get Lucky".
 STEREO: Mark, in order to clarify the right to: What about the reunification of the Dire Straits?
 Mark Knopfler (smiles): conceivable bad.  I did not need the money.  I've had enough.
 STEREO: And musically would not irritate you that?
 MK: Yes.  I want that size anymore.  I do not know much about rock stars or pop music in general.  You can believe me that it was never my goal to permanently run on MTV.  I myself am also not dealing with pop music, I look better on television sports and news.  I'm afraid I'm just too old for this world.
 STEREO: Is it hard to please you, in the 80s with songs like "Money for Nothing" or "Walk Of Life" are so much in the center and Star to be?
 MK: You have to get used to it eventually.  I mean, it's great to be successful, and I had great fun with the band.  But I did it all before too large a number, what happened to us.  I had to get myself and my world once more under control.  That I succeeded, and now I have again the degree of encouragement, when I feel well myself.  I write songs, they always take and sell enough cards to play in lovely big warehouses to be.  What do I want?  I feel the wonderful process of controlling this little ship.  It's fun, with the frigate on the road.  The big cruiser, I have to drive anymore.
 STEREO: You were pioneers, as far as music videos.  And you also have a big contribution to make CDs with your popularize the 1985 album "Money for Nothing".  Now, CDs and videos are disappearing.  Makes you sad?
 MK: No, not at all.  Should they disappear after all.  Then just enter something new in their place.  And besides, I'm not one of these audio freaks.  Clearly, in the studio, I hear the whole sound picture in perfect style.  But I'm not worried if the plate is now one of many on the computer.  If the people do that yet.  And if they have a good investment, then "Get Lucky will" also be happy to hear there.  I feel the same.  I have always used my music heard on a cheap cassette player and was happy.
 STEREO: Funny, when you consider that many people buy expensive audio equipment for your music.
 MK: Could be.  If your passion is fun, then let them do so.  But the others did not miss much.  Ultimately, it's the same with movies.  You need not see in the movies.  But it is better.
 STEREO: What was your approach to this
 Album?
 MK: The approach, which as you call it, is always the same: I compose songs and I see that I will include them.  And I always hope that a good album comes of it.  What is not so simple.  Sometimes I manage only one or the other song, but for a good record is not always enough.  Nevertheless, I continue to try to brave ...
 STEREO: So are you not satisfied with all of your albums?
 MK: I can not answer at all.  Because I do not look back.  What is done, it is ready.  When I finish an album, then I listen to the songs for so long no more, until it is time some of them rehearsing for the tour.
 STEREO: That sounds almost as if you'd be indifferent to your own songs?
 MK: No, that's harsh, I do not see it.  For me, those songs are like children.  When I recorded them, and almost raised, they leave the house.  Just as children.  You then have a private life.  And I know it very much appreciate that they seem a lot of people mean very much.
 STEREO: Surprised you that?
 MK: Yes, very.  Although I find it very nice that cause my songs to people well-being.  Apparently, they help many hard working people live and rest.  Or they use them to celebrate.  To sound for weddings, funerals, parties or cozy dinner.
 STEREO: Do you want to "Get Lucky" status, that people feel when listening to?
 MK: I am currently in negotiations with the British Ministry of Health, the panel may wish to prescribe prescription (laughs).  But seriously: I would like anyone claiming to how he should deal with my music.  I can only say that it has been lovingly recorded phonetically.  I feel fortunate that I have my own studio and me there after my pace and can devote my taste in music.  I know that most musicians do not have that luxury.  And before I knew it another way, when after a few weeks to be thrown out.  Long recording periods are my greatest pleasure.
 STEREO: You Pushed and work under one roof?
 MK: Yes.  From the house to the studio, I'm going for a quarter of a motorcycle.
 STEREO: You're just turned 60, you are glad you?
 MK: Yeah.  I feel healthy and fairly young.  But I also fit in that I stay in shape.  That means I'm more and more sports and more and more sports to keep the shape.  I run, play tennis, do weight training, I'm fit.
 Steffen R
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2009, 11:38:54 AM »
Thanks, Dusty!    I'm glad he feels young and fit and is keeping up with his keep-fit routine!   We need him with us for many more years to make his beautiful music!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2009, 01:18:42 PM »
Mark Knopfler interview for Texas Music Matters (audio)

http://texasmusicmatters.kut.org/2009/09/16/interview-with-mark-knopfler/

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2009, 01:34:50 PM »
Get Lucky EPK online
http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Mark-Knopfler/news-68570.html

I still wait my order. Is it taken from DVD?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 01:48:45 PM by ustas »

Love Expresso

« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2009, 02:08:21 PM »
It is not running on my pc. It says (in french) I have to wait 12 seconds but nothing happens. I am sure it is the EPK indeed, what else should it be?
I haven

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2009, 02:16:02 PM »
It is not running on my pc. It says (in french) I have to wait 12 seconds but nothing happens. I am sure it is the EPK indeed, what else should it be?
I haven
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2009, 02:17:47 PM »
It plays without any problem on my notebook... that has "heavy weight" video bitrate, may be you line is not fast?

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2009, 02:19:39 PM »
I haven

OfflineJeroenvG

• Lady writer
  • Follow me on "twitter.com/vanDiemensLand"
    • Alles Muziek (Dutch)
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2009, 02:25:55 PM »
This is not on the DVD.
 :-\
"I could play my accordion And charm all of the women And dance round the taproom With a chair in my teeth"

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 39 queries.