Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK event Sept. 27  (Read 49972 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: MK event Sept. 27
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2021, 03:26:39 PM »
Thanks for resurrecting this 8-years old topic making me think about some MK event Sept. 27 in September.

Chance would be a fine thing chief...🤣🤣🤣
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #226 on: September 14, 2021, 10:15:49 AM »
It's funny how a location you live very near to but have on many, many occasions just passed through has now become a huge 'place of worship' especially after the 27th September 2013!!!

My wife and I whenever we pass through Bridport on our way to the West of the UK (Devon/Cornwall) constantly chat about that very special day almost 8 years ago listening to and then meeting 'the master' after the show! It is and always will be without doubt one of the best day's in my life.....
Sorry to harp on but I will never ever forget it!

After reading this I thought "I think I never listened to the recording of this event" and searched it on my computer, and by any reason, I don't have it... I searched for it on unlimited and knopflertk and it wasn't there either.

Knopflerfan, do you still have it and could send it to me? I'll upload it to unlimited and knopflertk so we can be safe we have it .
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #227 on: September 14, 2021, 11:11:08 AM »
It's funny how a location you live very near to but have on many, many occasions just passed through has now become a huge 'place of worship' especially after the 27th September 2013!!!

My wife and I whenever we pass through Bridport on our way to the West of the UK (Devon/Cornwall) constantly chat about that very special day almost 8 years ago listening to and then meeting 'the master' after the show! It is and always will be without doubt one of the best day's in my life.....

After reading this I thought "I think I never listened to the recording of this event" and searched it on my computer, and by any reason, I don't have it... I searched for it on unlimited and knopflertk and it wasn't there either.

Knopflerfan, do you still have it and could send it to me? I'll upload it to unlimited and knopflertk so we can be safe we have it .

Funnily enough I'm in contact with dmg and he asked me the same with regards adding it to Unlimited. I did record it along with Ingrid - hers being the better one out of the two. I will look in the coming days for my copy and I also have Ingrids copy too... :wave

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2021, 12:51:13 PM »

I understand that feeling. I used to walk by the bullring in Valencia quite a lot, but after I attended there the MK concert in 2019, there are always a couple of seconds that I stop, look at the bullring, and have a sight and a shiver...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2021, 03:37:27 PM »
It's most certainly a strange but nice feeling you get....

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #230 on: September 15, 2021, 11:52:37 AM »
For me the Zwolle gig in 2013 because the Russian dates were cancelled. Zwolle...  ::) What a miracle that was.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #231 on: September 15, 2021, 11:54:30 AM »
For me the Zwolle gig in 2013 because the Russian dates were cancelled. Zwolle...  ::) What a miracle that was.

Coolio  :thumbsup

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #232 on: September 15, 2021, 11:54:45 AM »

Funnily enough I'm in contact with dmg and he asked me the same with regards adding it to Unlimited. I did record it along with Ingrid - hers being the better one out of the two. I will look in the coming days for my copy and I also have Ingrids copy too... :wave

I think i have it somewhere as well
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #233 on: September 15, 2021, 11:55:39 AM »

I think i have it somewhere as well

It's been found and the recording should be on it's way to 'Unlimited' I'm told from a reliable source.....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #234 on: September 15, 2021, 03:23:20 PM »
it is is tracked etc. and ready to be shared.
Big shoutout to INGRID!!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2021, 06:23:30 PM »
it is is tracked etc. and ready to be shared.
Big shoutout to INGRID!!

Amazing! Nice to hear Ingrid & I giggling during the Brothers Attempt! Couldn't find my copy.... :disbelief
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 06:30:56 PM by Knopflerfan »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #236 on: September 15, 2021, 07:19:03 PM »
Mr Pottel - please feel to add this photo of MK to the Unlimited file. It was taken after the Bridport show by my wife shortly before Ingrid & I met and chatted to him... :wave

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #237 on: September 16, 2021, 11:46:01 AM »
Mr Pottel - please feel to add this photo of MK to the Unlimited file. It was taken after the Bridport show by my wife shortly before Ingrid & I met and chatted to him... :wave
thnx buddie. was MK driving himself? ( is that a carkey in his hand? and if so, was it the range rover next to him??)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #238 on: September 16, 2021, 11:46:50 AM »
thnx buddie. was MK driving himself? ( is that a carkey in his hand? and if so, was it the range rover next to him??)

Indeed he was driving, in fact my wife took two of him driving away!!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #239 on: September 16, 2021, 11:50:15 AM »
Feel free to add these to the file in UNLIMITED....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 39 queries.