Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: (06) Good on you Son  (Read 113498 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Single: Good on you Son
« Reply #315 on: September 19, 2018, 09:25:35 PM »
It’s been a while, being too busy to catch up with even the latest MK news but hey, never too late to show up I hope? Just got the mail from MK.com and also found Good on you on itunes. Right now it’s playing on my bose for the first time, yes I like it!
Welcome back

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #316 on: September 19, 2018, 09:43:51 PM »
It’s been a while, being too busy to catch up with even the latest MK news but hey, never too late to show up I hope? :lol Just got the mail from MK.com and also found Good on you on itunes. Right now it’s playing on my bose for the first time, yes I like it!

Jeffrey!! Welcome back  ;D ;D
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #317 on: September 20, 2018, 12:07:57 AM »
Good On You Son radio version: 3.33

Is it for sale?

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #318 on: September 20, 2018, 12:13:33 AM »
Good On You Son radio version: 3.33

Is it for sale?

I doubt it, but frankly as with Beryl the radio version is pretty much a track cut with scissors, nothing extraordinary. You can make your own radio version just by cutting it and stitching in the right places. Beryl cuts was insanely obvious.

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
« Reply #319 on: September 20, 2018, 04:13:56 AM »
It’s been a while, being too busy to catch up with even the latest MK news but hey, never too late to show up I hope? :lol Just got the mail from MK.com and also found Good on you on itunes. Right now it’s playing on my bose for the first time, yes I like it!

Welcome back,
I like "Good on you son", it's growing in me and the more I listen, the more I find it amazing, a mix of Early bird and No can do, the song fits the album cover, you know like you are doing a road trip and driving the highway 66  :)
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

hunter

« Reply #320 on: September 20, 2018, 08:01:28 AM »
I had a chance to listen to the track on my proper hifi system. That makes a huge difference. The various instruments and elements are wonderfully laid out with lots of space. Guy's synths and keys go far outside the physical speaker boundaries, so you get a very wide soundstage. Funnily enough the keyboards don't feel so prominent that way. When you listen to a lesser system, things feel more congested.

Very much looking forward to the rest of the album, and very much so from an audiophile point of view.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #321 on: September 20, 2018, 08:07:51 AM »
I had a chance to listen to the track on my proper hifi system. That makes a huge difference. The various instruments and elements are wonderfully laid out with lots of space. Guy's synths and keys go far outside the physical speaker boundaries, so you get a very wide soundstage. Funnily enough the keyboards don't feel so prominent that way. When you listen to a lesser system, things feel more congested.

Very much looking forward to the rest of the album, and very much so from an audiophile point of view.

Absolutely true. I listened yesterday through my custom made in ear monitors and the stereo is amazing. It really sounds less compressed than through cheaper headphones. I like it better then. But I always like it better when I listen through a quality system..
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #322 on: September 20, 2018, 08:32:52 AM »

Absolutely true. I listened yesterday through my custom made in ear monitors and the stereo is amazing. It really sounds less compressed than through cheaper headphones. I like it better then. But I always like it better when I listen through a quality system..

Does that mean that playing with microphone positions for three years was worth it? :lol

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #323 on: September 20, 2018, 08:37:13 AM »

Does that mean that playing with microphone positions for three years was worth it? :lol

Hahaha you made me laugh out loud, probably... or drinking tea? ;D
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

hunter

« Reply #324 on: September 20, 2018, 08:38:20 AM »

Oh yes!

That is, ultimately it's the music that matters, but if the production and recording are terrible, it can ruin the experience. On the other hand, great production can lift already great music to higher heights and give it another dimension.

Love Expresso

« Reply #325 on: September 20, 2018, 10:38:44 AM »
So, Interpretations? What's it about? What does it say? A guy from the UK sits in LA now having a healthy breakfast. So what?

LE

hunter

« Reply #326 on: September 20, 2018, 10:53:32 AM »
So, Interpretations? What's it about? What does it say? A guy from the UK sits in LA now having a healthy breakfast. So what?

LE

That's pretty much it. Someone relocated from Old Blighty to Sunny California in search of a better life and future. Not exactly a ground-breaking topic. Then there's the question of who it may be. Not that that will make the 'message' more important.

Love Expresso

« Reply #327 on: September 20, 2018, 10:54:48 AM »
Could it be the song about the "man out of time in his greasy spoon"?

LE
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 11:07:04 AM by Love Expresso »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #328 on: September 20, 2018, 11:00:32 AM »
Have got to say having now listened to this delightful track via my Ruark R4, it has indeed been recorded very well indeed... What a delight to hear the individual instruments surrounded by a lovely rhythm... MKs Les Paul and also his lyrics sound immense...
A pure teaser for what is to come I believe...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

hunter

« Reply #329 on: September 20, 2018, 11:01:58 AM »
We have already discussed at length whom the person might be.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 47 queries.