Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: A Joke Thread To Cheer You Up!  (Read 28830 times)

draad

A Joke Thread To Cheer You Up!
« on: November 03, 2008, 01:18:27 PM »
Jcser suggested a joke thread to cheer everyone up. I'll start with a clean one - apologies to Waterline Man!

Baptising an Irishman:

A man is stumbling through the woods, totally drunk, when he comes upon a preacher baptising people in the river.
He proceeds to walk into the water and subsequently bumps into the preacher.
The preacher turns around and is almost overcome by the smell of alcohol,
whereupon he asks the drunk,  'Are you ready to find Jesus?'
The drunk shouts, 'Yes, oi am.'
So the preacher grabs him and dunks him in the water.
He pulls him up and asks the drunk, 'Brother have you found Jesus?'
The drunk replies, No, oi haven't found Jesus.'
The preacher shocked at the answer, dunks him into the water again for a little longer.
He again pulls him out of the water and asks again, 'Have you found Jesus my brother?'
The drunk again answers, 'No,oi haven't found Jesus.'
By this time the preacher is at his wits end and dunks the drunk in the water again --- but this time holds him down for about 30 seconds  and when he begins kicking his arms and legs he pulls him up.

The preacher again asks the drunk, 'For the love of God have you found Jesus?

(Are you ready for this????)

The drunk says.....................................................

"are you sure dis is where he fell in?"  :D :) ;D

« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 03:00:39 PM by draad »

Rollergirl

Re: A Joke Thread To Cheer You Up!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 01:32:12 PM »
 ;D

OK my turn. (apologies to men)

A woman has just given birth. The doctor tells her: "your baby is healthy but there is a little problem, it is hermaphroidite" (however you spell that)
"What's that?" asks the mum?
"well, it's both male and female, it's got the male equipment and the female's at the same time"
"You mean he's got a penis AND a brain?" replies the mum

Rollergirl

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 05:15:31 PM »
and following the Irish joke, here's a Welsh one. It's  true story, that's why it's funny!

Officials in Wales mistakenly erected a road sign that read "I am not in the office at the moment" in Welsh after a translation mix-up. The sign originally said in English, "No entry for heavy goods vehicles. Residential site only," but when Swansea Council officials sent it to be translated, they received an automated e-mail written in Welsh that read: "I am not in the office at the moment. Please send any work to be translated."

Unaware of the actual meaning of the e-mail, officials had the sign printed and put up near a supermarket, only realising their mistake when Welsh speakers pointed it out....

;D

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20081101/tuk-welsh-road-sign-lost-in-translation-a7ad41d.html
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 02:48:03 PM by Rollergirl »

Offlinejacki

• Camerado
  • once upon a time in the West
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 02:28:45 AM »
oh my, those are all good!  the only thing I have in my head right now are knock knock jokes and elephant jokes. Give me a little time. (I know I suggested this, and I do have a few...soon.)

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 02:34:41 PM »
Whats all this about the Irish jokes :D :D

Folowing the banking troubles al over the world, uncertainty has now hit the banks in Japan.
In the last 7 days Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches.
Yesterday it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song, while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.
While Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black.
Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared staff may get a raw deal.

Two aeriels got married. The wedding wasn't great but the reception was brilliant - Boom Boom!!

A Tortoise was mugged by 2 snails. When asked by the cops to describe what happened, the Tortoise sobbed "I can't, it all happened so quickly!" :P :P

If it aint broke dont fix it!

draad

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 04:29:25 PM »
Those are good! I think we might need a poll at the end of this thread.

draad

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 04:36:42 PM »
What about this - nothing Irish here.

Subject: FW: What a woman

A typical bloke, having split from his latest girlfriend, decided to take a holiday. He booked himself on a cruise and proceeded to have the time of his life. That is, until the ship sank!                                     

He found himself on an island with no other people, no supplies, nothing, only bananas and coconuts.

After about four months, he is lying on the beach one day when the most gorgeous woman he has ever seen rows up to the shore.                                                                   

In disbelief, he asks, 'Where did you come from? How did you get here?'

She replies, 'I rowed from the other side of the island. I landed here when my cruise ship sank.'                                                       

'Amazing,' he notes. 'You were really lucky to have a row boat wash up with you.'

'Oh, this thing?' explains the woman. 'I made the boat out of raw materials I found on the island. The oars were whittled from gum tree branches. I wove the bottom from palm branches, and the sides and stern came from a Eucalyptus tree.'                                                 

'But, where did you get the tools?'                                     

'Oh, that was no problem,' replied the woman. 'On the south side of the island, a very unusual stratum of alluvial rock is exposed. I found if I fired it to a certain temperature in my kiln, it melted into ductile iron. I used that for tools and used the tools to make the hardware.'           

The guy is stunned.                                                     

'Let's row over to my place,' she says.

After a few minutes of rowing, she docks the boat at a small wharf. As the man looks to shore, he nearly falls off the boat. Before him is stone walk leading to an exquisite bungalow painted in blue and white.                                               

While the woman ties up the rowboat with an expertly woven hemp rope, the man can only stare ahead, dumb struck. As they walk into the house, she says casually, 'It's not much but I call it home. Sit down, please. Would you like a drink?'                                                           

'No! No thank you,' he blurts out, still dazed. 'I can't take another drop of coconut juice.'

'It's not coconut juice,' winks the woman. 'I have a still. How would you like a Pina Colada?'     

Trying to hide his continued amazement, the man accepts, and they sit down on her couch to talk. After they have exchanged their stories, the woman announces, 'I'm going to slip into something more comfortable. Would you like to take a shower and shave? There is a razor upstairs in the bathroom cabinet.'                                                               

No longer questioning anything, the man goes into the bathroom. There, in the cabinet, a razor made from a piece of tortoise bone. Two shells honed to a hollow ground edge are fastened on to its end inside a swivel mechanism.

'This woman is amazing,' he muses. 'What next?'                         

When he returns, she greets him wearing nothing but vines, strategically positioned, and smelling faintly of gardenias. She beckons for him to sit down next to her.                                                       

'Tell me,' she begins suggestively, slithering closer to him, 'We've been out here for many months. You've been lonely. There's something I'm sure you really feel like doing right now, something you've been longing for?'

She stares into his eyes...                                                 

He swallows excitedly and tears start to form in his eyes.....   
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

'F*****g hell, don't tell me you've got Sky Sports?'

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 05:56:35 PM »
One for Dusty ;D ;D

Jock, from Aberdeen, appeared on
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlinejacki

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 12:52:43 AM »
Okay, here's one, a favourite, very stupid, and very old: A Japanese car company had developed a new car but couldn't agree on a good name for the line. They decided to make a contest of it and put it out worldwide for naming, and a German fellow won. "Sure, I name your cars for you. When do you want da name?" The Japanese officials asked him to have the name by the following Tuesday. " Toosday?" he yelled. "DAT SOON?"

Offlinejacki

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 01:08:15 AM »
And another, no countries but England mentioned (and it's a good thing, down, Arthur!): An American soldier returning from the war is on a train in a European country. The train is crowded, and he cannot find a seat. The only seat available is being used by the pampered poodle of an aristocratic older woman.  "Please, ma'am, can I have this seat? I'm very tired," the soldier asks respectfully. The woman looks him up and down and says, "You Americans! You are all so rude! My little darling is using this seat!" She turns haughtily away. The soldier makes another tour of the train to no avail. He returns to the older lady and asks softly, "Please ma'am? I'm very tired." "You Americans! You are not only rude but arrogant! No, my dog is using this seat!" The soldier makes one last tour of the train, and when he comes back he says nothing, reaches down, picks up the poodle and tosses it out the window. The older woman screeches, "My poor baby! Look what you have done! Is there no one here to defend my honor?" An elegant gent two seats back gets up, faces the soldier, and in a perfect English voice says, "You Americans seem to have a knack for doing all the wrong things. You eat with your fork in the wrong hand, you drive on the wrong side of the road, and now, it seems, you've thrown the wrong b**ch out the window!"

draad

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 11:19:25 AM »
Here we go again!

A catholic Priest, an Indian Doctor, a rich Chinese Businessman and Dusty were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers in front of them.

Dusty fumed, 'What's with those blokes? We must have been waiting for fifteen minutes!'
The Indian Doctor chimed in, 'I don't know, but I've never seen such poor golf!'
The Chinese Businessman called out 'Move it, time is money'
The Catholic Priest said, 'Here comes George the greens keeper. Let's have a word with him.'
'Hello, George!', said the Catholic Priest, 'What's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?'

George the greens keeper replied, 'Oh, yes. That's a group of blind fire fighters. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free any time.'

The group fell silent for a moment.
The Catholic Priest said, 'That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight.'
The Indian Doctor said, 'Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there's anything he can do for them.'

The Chinese Businessman replied, 'I think I'll donate $50,000 to the fire-fighters in honour of these brave souls'

Dusty said, 'Why can't they play at night?'  ???

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 04:07:36 PM »

;)

Seeing as it's November I should wheel out my favourite Christmas joke -

Tampax are about to do a special "Two for One" offer. But be quick - it's only available over the festive period.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinejacki

• Camerado
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 04:46:14 PM »
Is that a misogynist joke, Dusty?

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 07:00:32 PM »
Um, I don't think so, just a funny play on the word "period".
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinejacki

• Camerado
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 09:51:23 PM »
Dusty, I was just goofing on you. How about another joke? Go ahead, an American joke!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 50 queries.