Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album release autumn  (Read 273814 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: New album release autumn
« Reply #870 on: September 06, 2018, 08:20:16 AM »
Quote from: Robson justlink=topic=6197.msg125174#msg125174 date=1536184385
I do not understand. Why Mikel says first that something will be announced on September 6th. And then he says no. Why? And what has changed? I wonder how much he knows and whether it is true.

It's a record company decision.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #871 on: September 06, 2018, 01:29:18 PM »
Absolute silence here when we thought today was the day  :-X :'(

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #872 on: September 06, 2018, 01:33:15 PM »
I do not understand. Why Mikel says first that something will be announced on September 6th. And then he says no. Why? And what has changed? I wonder how much he knows and whether it is true.

Of course. I understand. But my hope associated with September 6 suddenly disappeared
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #873 on: September 06, 2018, 01:49:51 PM »

Of course. I understand. But my hope associated with September 6 suddenly disappeared

That's how much the record company cares about fans...

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #874 on: September 06, 2018, 01:56:19 PM »
Yes but if the album is to appear in November, it is not late and it is not surprising :think
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #875 on: September 06, 2018, 02:51:20 PM »
I'd never heard about Mikel before but I believe you guys when you say he means well and is a good lad. That being said, it sounds a little suspicious that after all the mistery and secrecy involving this project any official info would be given away like that, especially considering that Guy and other crew members apparently drop by every now and then. Well, if it ends up being legit I assume that will be the very last time Mikel gets that kind of insight lol
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 02:53:46 PM by Eddie Fox »
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #876 on: September 06, 2018, 03:15:36 PM »
I'd never heard about Mikel before but I believe you guys when you say he means well and is a good lad. That being said, it sounds a little suspicious that after all the mistery and secrecy involving this project any official info would be given away like that, especially considering that Guy and other crew members apparently drop by every now and then. Well, if it ends up being legit I assume that will be the very last time Mikel gets that kind of insight lol
Doubt that

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #877 on: September 06, 2018, 03:15:45 PM »
No, because when Mikel say something to other fans he do it because he is allowed, and only says what he's allowed to say... Not the title, not the release date, but that the record company had plans to release information today... And that the plans had been postponed...

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #878 on: September 06, 2018, 03:17:12 PM »
No, because when Mikel say something to other fans he do it because he is allowed, and only says what he's allowed to say... Not the title, not the release date, but that the record company had plans to release information today... And that the plans had been postponed...
Exactly

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #879 on: September 06, 2018, 04:10:56 PM »
Exactly

Perhaps Mikel can give us again some info next time. An announcement can’t be far away now.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #880 on: September 06, 2018, 04:55:42 PM »

As long as he's allowed to disclose it of course there's no problem at all lol I'm talking about stuff he's not supposed to divulge. Reading that again it seems pretty fair to assume it's legit though, bringing forward a pending release date by a few days isn't a big deal after all.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #881 on: September 06, 2018, 05:19:44 PM »

As long as he's allowed to disclose it of course there's no problem at all lol I'm talking about stuff he's not supposed to divulge. Reading that again it seems pretty fair to assume it's legit though, bringing forward a pending release date by a few days isn't a big deal after all.

Not for us... He told me once than sometimes the press media gets very angry with the record company when release dates and things like that are published before in other places like fan forums etc... And record companies wants to have the media on their side so... It's a tricky situation, a war of powers...

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #882 on: September 06, 2018, 06:19:02 PM »

Not for us... He told me once than sometimes the press media gets very angry with the record company when release dates and things like that are published before in other places like fan forums etc... And record companies wants to have the media on their side so... It's a tricky situation, a war of powers...
Thanks a lot for making my evening so filled with your messages. I'm always happy to read the latest news on MK new albume which is still not announced... Lol.. You see Jbaent I'm following your advice.

Envoyé de mon Moto C Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #883 on: September 06, 2018, 07:16:22 PM »

So you think that the word getting spread on this forum might get Mark's management in trouble with his record company? I'm confused now.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #884 on: September 06, 2018, 08:45:32 PM »
The way i see it is that for both sides it is better that a releasedate is only known with the recordcompagny and they give a pressrelease to the media on the day they want to.
The news will be on internet/tv/newspapers on the same day. That is how they also make money i guess.
If the internet (forums) already know about the date the press make less money. And they want exclusive news.... Please correct me if i am wrong but i think it has something to do with this... :think ???

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 39 queries.