Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: the day that thatcher dies  (Read 8588 times)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Re: the day that thatcher dies
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2013, 11:34:38 PM »
I read that when I was about 18 or 19, and enjoyed it very much.  i think it's a great time for a re-read.. from my older person's perspective!  ;)

What a surprise! I,too, first read it at 18-19 and 20 years on I still find it enjoyable! As a matter of fact I get more things now, than I did back then.  I started reading it again (this time in English)  because my brother gave me the 5th book in the series, called "Mostly Harmless" which I haven't read (it wasn't published when I read the first four, and still not published in Greek) in order to be able to follow the plot. And not so long ago I also found the 6th installment called "And another thing" Part six of three, written by Eoin Colfer. 
One other book I enjoyed very much, some summers, not long ago, was The edible woman by Margaret Atwood.
Do you have any suggestions? I have at least one hour worth of reading time,each day,  on the bus to and from work.  ;)

Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2013, 09:07:39 AM »
I'll have to start with the first again, but the six installment by Eoin Colfer sounds like something to look forward to!!

I haven't been reading too much lately, but a couple books that come to mind (and yet are nothing like the the Hitchhiker's Guide... :) are Empire Falls by Richard Russo, and the Tender Bar by J.R. Moehringer.  I also liked Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet (Jamie Ford).  Have you read any of those?   
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2013, 09:38:43 AM »
I am afaraid I haven't! Although I don't watch TV, I have difficulty finding time to read, apart the bus time I have mentioned, due to having a summer job and two lovely daughters. But I will look for them at my local store and in case they don't have them via abebooks, or alibris. Thank you for the suggestions!
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 38 queries.