Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: AMIT reviews of Tracker  (Read 72726 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: AMIT reviews of Tracker
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2015, 04:36:24 PM »
.... you feel. And I can assure you that our Superval doesn't feel old, doesn't look old, doesn't act old.
Some weeks ago we had an excellent time in Bury, having dinner and seeing John, John and Mike.
But a pity for you dear Zeeley, she has a lovely husband  :)

Thank you, dear Ingrid.   ;D    :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejerrymb

• Guitar George
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2015, 10:42:04 PM »
Skydiver my favorite for now.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2015, 02:58:56 PM »
Skydiver my favorite for now.

Such a cool, funky song.  What's not to like! 

I think it starts off like the live versions of Cannibals.  I can see IT having fun with that on tour!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2015, 08:22:11 PM »

Offlinezeusjazmin

• Guitar George
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2015, 04:46:30 PM »
for me this is a weak mk album,production wise I would say its the best he has done but in my very humble opinion the songs let it down.
to be honest the only song I really like is basil,laughs and jokes and beryl are not too bad but as for the rest I think they are poor by mk standards.
privateering was an ok album but for me personally I never liked the blues songs on it,i think get lucky was his last very good album.but I am really glad that so many others love tracker,much as I don't like tracker I will always buy every album by mk and go to every tour,really looking forward to seeing him live on the tracker tour.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2015, 05:27:34 PM »
for me this is a weak mk album,production wise I would say its the best he has done but in my very humble opinion the songs let it down.
to be honest the only song I really like is basil,laughs and jokes and beryl are not too bad but as for the rest I think they are poor by mk standards.
privateering was an ok album but for me personally I never liked the blues songs on it,i think get lucky was his last very good album.but I am really glad that so many others love tracker,much as I don't like tracker I will always buy every album by mk and go to every tour,really looking forward to seeing him live on the tracker tour.
.....and the almost total lack of guitar clearly does not help.

Really!    There is guitar all over the album!    Not a lot of solos, but very beautiful infills and licks!    It's my favourite MK solo album and there is not a skipper on the whole album for me and that's the first time I can say that for both DS and MK albums - OK just the first, Dire Straits!   
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:09:43 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2015, 07:37:13 PM »

Really!    There is guitar all over the album!    Not a lot of solos, but very beautiful infills and licks!    It's my favourite MK solo album and there is not a skipper on the whole album for me and that's the first time I can say that for both DS and MK albums - OK just the first, Dire Straits!

I think Mark must have you brainwashed with his "less is more" remark!  ;)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2015, 07:56:31 PM »

Not at all!  I can hear guitar on all tracks.    ;)   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinezeusjazmin

• Guitar George
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2015, 10:02:28 PM »
not heard any of the bonus tracks,i know mk is capable of scorching guitar playing however for me this album is too laid back,but I am still grateful he is still writing recording and touring.
he has said a few times that he now prefers writing simpler songs,i can live with that no problem,i go to a lot of different concerts by different artists and I can honestly say that a mk concert is the one that really gives me a buzz,i have seen every tour since 1985
so I think I have been spoiled too much,but again I am so glad that tracker is a favourite with so many people.

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #190 on: April 02, 2015, 06:38:03 AM »
I like the blues on Privateering and my favourite is "Today is OK".    ;)

Blue bird is my favorite.  Wish there are more blues songs. Personally,  Tracker is ok. No songs stand out or will go down as classic any time soon. :)

LoveExpresso

« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2015, 11:25:52 AM »
I listened to some other stuff on albums lately and it crossed my mind how different it is to me listen to any new album by any other artist and a new MK album. New MK albums are literally absorbted note by note, word by word, and I am sure I am in the hands of someone who really puts very much effort in every single note and word on the album.

Really, about the lyrics it is phenomenal how phantastic MK is able to write and deliver - there is not a single word or line I would consider at the wrong place or annoying or disturbing. For example "down the line" is mentioned more than once on this album and I am sure it was not mentioned before on other albums. (please correct me, waterline doesn't count). Same with "subs", in Basil and in Mighty Man, never used before. ("get Lucky" was used on Get Lucky the song and on You Can't Beat the House, never used before). What I want to say is that he really is fully aware of creating songs that belong together as an album and that create a unique cosmos of words, notes and lyrics if you like. I am sure the word  "Tracker" resonates somewhere in "Blood On The Tracks", because there have never been clearer echoes of Bob Dylan than on this album, and we know BOTT is his favourite album.

LE

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2015, 11:31:38 AM »

Did you listen to only the 11 tracks from the basic album ?
If you add all the 7 extra tracks the experience improves significantly
That's true   ;)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:41:15 AM by Marikablue »
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2015, 11:56:53 AM »

Not at all!  I can hear guitar on all tracks.    ;)   
Me too...lucky us... ;D
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2015, 12:33:43 PM »
@dmg - I remember when we all listened to the album for the first time, which has now been deleted,  you commented that you had listened to more than half of the album and just realised that there were no long solos on it and that it didn't matter to you because of the beautiful infills and licks, etc, or words to that effect, in the songs!   Now you are telling me that I must have been brainwashed, which I find quite insulting, especially as you had said much the same thing as me.   Were you brainwashed too?  :think  Why can't you just accept that some people actually enjoy this album?   ;)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 01:32:13 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 37 queries.