Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #10 DTRW TOUR - May 09 2019 - Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland #SPOILER#  (Read 23603 times)

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
Yes. I remember too. I also remember that Danny said somewhere that he is leaving because he is not good enough :o
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
When GH was listed at the first concert just by initials, I thought it meant 'Golden Heart' was back! Which was admittedly pretty silly of me. But I think three initial songs are significantly less likely to be confused with others. (Which is a kind of challenge for someone to come up with two MK songs with the same three initials!)

This initials thing is just a mess.

It's easier to write Matchstick than MM, which is confusing. Actually, when I read any title with initials, I don't bother to try to figure which song is. I'm bad at it and too many times there are many options, like we proved with the MM ones.

Got to admit I thought it was Golden Heart and my heart missed a beat!! Perhaps from now onwards full song titles only so ALL Amiters know what we are talking about?? I've no problem typing out the full titles from now on.....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
Some excerpts from the Zurich concert, thx to sir leonard wuest

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcD08vUNUDYKplqqCRl5pTQ

I love the new arrangements on WAM, a powerful opener, yes !

You can notice the change on Bonaparte, the new rhythmic
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 04:26:43 PM by kaleo74 »
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird

Slower pace in WAM it seems compared to the previous concerts...

from Guy's diary:

"Sound check was fun. We were working on a slightly altered approaches in ‘feel’ to ‘Done With Bonaparte’ and ‘Why Aye Man’. If any fan buys more than one USB recordings, it would be worth noting the differences before and after Zurich."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Their plane's just landed in Milan!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer

Slower pace in WAM it seems compared to the previous concerts...

from Guy's diary:

"Sound check was fun. We were working on a slightly altered approaches in ‘feel’ to ‘Done With Bonaparte’ and ‘Why Aye Man’. If any fan buys more than one USB recordings, it would be worth noting the differences before and after Zurich."

You can notice the change on Bonaparte too, the new rhythmic
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer
Their plane's just landed in Milan!    :)
Thanks for the info, still try to figure out which is the best time to be at the venue next week to get an aotograph.

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
When Ianto replaced Danny on drums at the beginning, was that because Danny was busy with other things or just a tough replacement decision? If the last, hope Danny didn't take that too hard. Now we have him back on percussion and he looks so happy   :thumbsup

I know it's bit of an "old news" but as it was discussed earlier today, I found the note that Danny posted on Guy's forum about his replacement some years ago. It was posted in October 2011. So it's Danny's own words :

"Hi Y’all,

This is a note of thanks to those of you who have written into the forum and said that, they will miss me.
It was so sweet of you to say so and I want to make it clear to you, how I feel.

Mark and I have often talked about Ian Thomas, a really superb musician and drummer one that all other musicians admire and want to play with. With the return to the line up of Jim Cox there would probably be no better moment, to make the switch and “refresh” the band.

With Ian’s touch, groove and sensitivity, Mark has made “a wonderful choice”.

See you later Alligator

Much love

Danny"

Very classy and touching.

I'm glad he's back this year.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
so classy that man.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
So pleased that Danny's back.  Always loved his drumming.   Very friendly man too - he sat and shared my chips at a Blues Band gig in Pagham!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
Danny is a great guy. Really great. Love his energy and playing and he adds a hell of a lot to the songs. Really happy he is back.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
So pleased that Danny's back.  Always loved his drumming.   Very friendly man too - he sat and shared my chips at a Blues Band gig in Pagham!   ;D

Cool story!  When you're dealing with chips, what do you prefer, brown or red?  ;)

On a serious not I love DC too.  Both as a person and a musician he bring much to the touring band.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Onlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« we know that "Trapper man" and "Back on the dance floor » had been rehearsed »

Is it true ?

Yes.

Does anybody know of OSAAT is rehearsed?

Most likely not which is a big shame!
How do you know ? The list we saw on Guy's monitor is obviously not exhaustive, only a handful of songs...

Someone said it was too personal for him to sing. Truth or not I don't know but still doubt it will feature. After all it's MK new song picks we are talking about :lol but yes Trapper might be played, would like OSAAT but doesn't expect it to be honest.

I don't understand all this "too personal" stuff about One Song at a Time, if it was too personal he wouldn't have released it on an album, so playing it live wouldn't make much difference!! When Emmylou was recording If This is Goodbye she found it emotional and cried, but she sang it live without crying, and that was a personal song for her being American.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 39 queries.