Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Album leaked?  (Read 106827 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Album leaked?
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2018, 11:17:46 AM »
I have a pleasure of being in contact with some great, great people from MK's management team and last time I was told to report about any album leaks. So I said there was a leak of all the lyrics and sure enough, later this day all the lyrics were published on Mark's official website.

This situation is funny, because I'm partly responsible for leaks of Tracker and some other albums. Shame on me, I know, but it's like a hacker who can find a weak spot in the software and later can be hired by its creators for defense.

What really made me emotional is that, quote, "Mark wants to keep this album off the internet until it’s officially released".

So let's be gentlemen and report about any leaks!

That's absolutly nonsense.

If the album leaks, it will between us, between fans, that we are going ALL to BUY the record and probably in VARIOUS OF THE RELEASES, despite the leak.

Actually, a leak between fans should be good for record companies because they won't loose any money, and they could do some reviews in internet that could help to boost sales when it's released.

I won't report any leaks at all, if it happens between us.

Another different thing is that the album leaks in a download site that has others leaks, that's a different story. But if JF or Rail King leaks the record between us, for example, what would be the sense in report them? what harm are they really doing?

NONE

That's my point.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2018, 11:26:47 AM »
I have a pleasure of being in contact with some great, great people from MK's management team and last time I was told to report about any album leaks. So I said there was a leak of all the lyrics and sure enough, later this day all the lyrics were published on Mark's official website.

This situation is funny, because I'm partly responsible for leaks of Tracker and some other albums. Shame on me, I know, but it's like a hacker who can find a weak spot in the software and later can be hired by its creators for defense.

What really made me emotional is that, quote, "Mark wants to keep this album off the internet until it’s officially released".

If the album leaks, it will between us, between fans, that we are going ALL to BUY the record and probably in VARIOUS OF THE RELEASES, despite the leak.

Actually, a leak between fans should be good for record companies because they won't loose any money, and they could do some reviews in internet that could help to boost sales when it's released.

Another different thing is that the album leaks in a download site that has others leaks, that's a different story. But if JF or Rail King leaks the record between us, for example, what would be the sense in report them? what harm are they really doing?

NONE

That's my point.
Fully agree

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2018, 11:34:40 AM »

NONE

That's my point.
:thumbsup
In my credit card had Charged the cost of box, now waitin it I hope to listen before that it arrive from canada
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 11:41:10 AM by straitsway75 »

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2018, 11:41:02 AM »
Actually... Any of you would had report JF if, instead of saying he had the record, he would had shared it privately between us?

I want to believe that none of us would had done something like that. As we never done it with Quizzy.

We are brothers and sisters in arms.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2018, 11:54:51 AM »
Actually... Any of you would had report JF if, instead of saying he had the record, he would had shared it privately between us?

I want to believe that none of us would had done something like that. As we never done it with Quizzy.

...and transgenders in arms..

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2018, 11:58:04 AM »

Yeah, I genuinely agree, I think it's more or less about leaks like this link that was shared before which spread viruses (?), but only the real one.

You can actually react to these leaks pretty fast, and effective.

Even if JF shared something, it would take an army of FBI agents and a million of dollars to figure that out, unless it would became shared randomly of course.

Lol that's some tolerance right there!

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2018, 01:00:52 PM »

:thumbsup
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

OfflineGIUMK

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2018, 02:15:06 PM »

NONE

That's my point.

I completely agree jbaent. We fans will buy it in any case the album, and in all editions. It would certainly not be an economic loss for Universal.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2018, 02:38:23 PM »
Hey I already explained my position earlier and I too agree with jbaent. By the way, I'm not going to by the album... I'm happy to listen to it via streaming services like Apple Music.

And this is the danger of leaks, because for the most of non-fans it's a one-time experience. Like — so, I heard the album, I don't like it, whatever *deletes the folder*.

Us Russians don't know at all what "paid music" is, Russian people just download everything and everybody's accostumed to that, so leaks here is a really big deal.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2018, 11:18:30 PM »
I asked again and again Universal France if I could publish an article with some snippets,but I have no answer.
My article is ready, but my chief doesn't want to publish it without any new audio stuff.
The silence from my contact at Universal France seems to confirm what Pavel said : "Mark doesn't want to share anything before the 16th november"
it's a shame, and imho it's a commercial error; if you want people to buy your album, you have to tease them with more than just one song.
not necessarily other entire songs, but some snippets could make the deal I guess

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2018, 11:20:57 PM »
They didn't said no to you...

You can publish the snippets due to their lack of answer and if they say something, you can delete it.

They should had said no.

However they are about to publish snippets anyway, look at this:

https://umusices.lnk.to/MKDTRWEm?fbclid=IwAR3DdWxGCzSBDC8B4_b8epfhHO418xrrThgL7hNvMbIPnxEQpMMq2yJhysM

So I think you can do it...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 11:23:04 PM by jbaent »

OfflineGIUMK

• Camerado
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2018, 11:31:22 PM »
I asked again and again Universal France if I could publish an article with some snippets,but I have no answer.
My article is ready, but my chief doesn't want to publish it without any new audio stuff.
The silence from my contact at Universal France seems to confirm what Pavel said : "Mark doesn't want to share anything before the 16th november"
it's a shame, and imho it's a commercial error; if you want people to buy your album, you have to tease them with more than just one song.
not necessarily other entire songs, but some snippets could make the deal I guess

I share your thoughts, JF. But in your opinion, after you've heard it, Down The Road Wherever is a commercial album?

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2018, 11:36:40 PM »
I share your thoughts, JF. But in your opinion, after you've heard it, Down The Road Wherever is a commercial album?

I wouldn't say "commercial" because it's a kind of negative word I guess, but Yes I would say it has some radio-friendly tunes, more than in the past imho

OfflineGIUMK

• Camerado
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2018, 11:43:25 PM »

I wouldn't say "commercial" because it's a kind of negative word I guess, but Yes I would say it has some radio-friendly tunes, more than in the past imho

Thank you so much JF. This your response makes me really excited.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2018, 11:44:18 PM »
They didn't said no to you...

You can publish the snippets due to their lack of answer and if they say something, you can delete it.

They should had said no.

However they are about to publish snippets anyway, look at this:

https://umusices.lnk.to/MKDTRWEm?fbclid=IwAR3DdWxGCzSBDC8B4_b8epfhHO418xrrThgL7hNvMbIPnxEQpMMq2yJhysM

So I think you can do it...

I see your point, but I have also to convince my chief, because I don't have the right to publish myself
and my situation is a bit weird : I am not a journalist, so it's even more complicated...
My chief (who is not really my chief) must convince other journalists that a non-journalist publishes an article about an album that the artist don't want to see any parts on the internet before its release...god, it's Kafka !  :smack  :o :-X
despite leaks/rights issues, I also have to manage my tricky situation at my job that created me some "enemies" last year....
not simple at all... :-\

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 38 queries.