Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album release autumn  (Read 274189 times)

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
Re: New album release autumn
« Reply #1080 on: September 12, 2018, 10:15:28 PM »
Today I discovered the word I was looking for and found in the Guitarist magazine. Great article, interview with MK. One of the last. Basil is the color of Brothers In Arms. I really liked the comparison. For me, Basil is one of the most beautiful songs
I really like Basil very much and I didn't remember reading this on Guitarist magazine.. Thanks Robson.

Envoyé de mon Moto C Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

:)

Maybe it depends on the translation.
No Robson I have it in english. I just forgot this article. I've got to read it again.  Thanks. But I agree that Basil has something of Brothers In Arms.

But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Love Expresso

« Reply #1081 on: September 12, 2018, 10:18:05 PM »
What seems rather contradicting, though, is how it is important for Mark to "please himself" yet he goes on these long, big tours where it always seems he gets bored with the whole thing rather quickly. So why not do things differently? A conundrum.

Not sure if he really gets bored. To be fair and in spite of what I wrote two hours ago or so, his playing DOES get better and tighter when the tour commences. But it also leads to shorter sets with lesser songs than in the first few weeks. Which to me is prove that he indeed is not rehearsing much on the guitar anymore and gets better naturally by playing two hours every day for three months when touring.

LE

Except that the Manchester Tracker show was the second show of the tour and the best of those I attended, which came later.
Wasn't that the one with the bad mix, that got remixed? Also, I really liked Bremen 2013, where my good friend LE sat next to me and where I dug up a diamond was played for the first time since ages

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

I sat next to you during that concert, cant remember LE sitting close to us?

Didn't want to rub it in!  ;D  but we met before and after the show and I sat pretty close to you.

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1082 on: September 12, 2018, 10:21:53 PM »
I remember meeting you there yes :) but Pottel mixed us ;)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1083 on: September 12, 2018, 10:23:13 PM »
Today I discovered the word I was looking for and found in the Guitarist magazine. Great article, interview with MK. One of the last. Basil is the color of Brothers In Arms. I really liked the comparison. For me, Basil is one of the most beautiful songs
I really like Basil very much and I didn't remember reading this on Guitarist magazine.. Thanks Robson.

:)

Maybe it depends on the translation.
No Robson I have it in english. I just forgot this article. I've got to read it again.  Thanks. But I agree that Basil has something of Brothers In Arms.

I understand  :) I think so too. Basil is a wonderful song.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1084 on: September 12, 2018, 10:39:50 PM »
Always nice guessing when he will be playing at the RAH. Nothing so far between may 30 and june 20  :think.
https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/dayplanner?DateRange=1554159599__1564527600

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1085 on: September 12, 2018, 11:03:53 PM »
Always nice guessing when he will be playing at the RAH. Nothing so far between may 30 and june 20  :think.
https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/dayplanner?DateRange=1554159599__1564527600

Between 25 and 28 of may is free as well
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
« Reply #1086 on: September 12, 2018, 11:08:41 PM »
reading that basil remind (colors like robson say) a bit of brothers is true....if you try listen the beginning of How long and the intro of Get lucky..... ::) ::) ::) just to say that the feeling of much song, no only for MK, like Gilmour on any tongue and high hopes are similar but DIFFERENT songs... :wave

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1087 on: September 12, 2018, 11:12:52 PM »

Between 25 and 28 of may is free as well
I wonder if he will play the O2 again.  :think i hope not..

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1088 on: September 12, 2018, 11:39:48 PM »
reading that basil remind (colors like robson say) a bit of brothers is true....if you try listen the beginning of How long and the intro of Get lucky..... ::) ::) ::) just to say that the feeling of much song, no only for MK, like Gilmour on any tongue and high hopes are similar but DIFFERENT songs... :wave

Yes it's true:) The word: color -  is very proper in my opinion.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Love Expresso

« Reply #1089 on: September 13, 2018, 08:39:37 AM »
About Basil,  I understand that some people may find it boring, but it's sheer brillance and mastery in all aspects overweighs any doubts. The lyrics, melody, even the spartanic solo, everything is absolute perfect.

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1090 on: September 13, 2018, 08:48:14 AM »
About Basil,  I understand that some people may find it boring, but it's sheer brillance and mastery in all aspects overweighs any doubts. The lyrics, melody, even the spartanic solo, everything is absolute perfect.

LE

Which is why it's my favourite song from Tracker.     Love the whole album too!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1091 on: September 13, 2018, 08:53:00 AM »

LE

Which is why it's my favourite song from Tracker.     Love the whole album too!   :)

Basil is one of my favourites tracks from Tracker. It shows very well the kind of songwriter he is nowadays, storytelling, melodies, arrangements, I wish he would do more songs like this...

Love Expresso

« Reply #1092 on: September 13, 2018, 08:57:10 AM »
As often with him, if the themes are about his youth and have been "boiled" for a very long time in his mind, very often they become masterpieces. 5.15am, Secondary Waltz, One More Matinee, Laughs & Jokes... really all definitely among his best works.

LE

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1093 on: September 13, 2018, 09:08:09 AM »
Well dear friends,yesterday i wrote to the universal music Portugal,asking when the new album of Mark is going to be released.Today they answer:`The new album of Mark Knopfler its set to be in November`...So they don´t tell me the day only the month!!!cheers ;)

I guess if someone from Universal, even in Portugal, didn't mind about answering about the month of the release, means that the announcement is really close. I hope it's today or tomorrow, that's my hope...

hunter

« Reply #1094 on: September 13, 2018, 09:29:58 AM »
Basil is a pretty song, but I honestly find it depressing. And a bit boring. Such a killjoy after the wonderful Laughs and Jokes.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 43 queries.