Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: (11) Wherever I Go (feat Ruth Moody) (6:24)  (Read 84303 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: (11) Wherever I Go (feat Ruth Moody) (6:24)
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2015, 04:31:38 PM »
Although I like the song a lot, I feel it would be much better if the tempo was faster.   When I'm listening and singing along, I'm at the end of each line and ready for the next before it's sung!  It's quite tiring actually! ;D

Agreed :thumbsup

Ruth Moody has a fabulous voice and i like this song a lot. But like you,just wish it was a little more uptempo as well.Maybe we could buy the album on vinyl and play it at 45rpm instead off 33  ;D ;D

:lol
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineollyz

• Guitar George
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2015, 04:43:02 PM »
I like this song.
Its slow,yes, its nothing new nor sensationel, ok, but i like.

Whats more and more clear for me is that Mr. Knopfler does these day what he likes to do, nothing else.
The short video shows this in my opinion very clear.
He plays, writes and records music for his own, and in the end shares this with the "fans".
"Where i go" is a first class example.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2015, 04:48:46 PM »
Further to what I said before, after another listen, I would add that perhaps the lyrics are just too clich
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

foma

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2015, 05:46:34 PM »
Further to what I said before, after another listen, I would add that perhaps the lyrics are just too clich

LoveExpresso

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2015, 07:44:23 PM »
Can't say I have completely understood the situation that the song describes. A couple seems to be forced to meet at little motels or hotels, because he is forced to wander from place to place... but that "brother" will not fit with this. It seems clear that a man and a woman speak the Mark and Ruth parts?

I was indeed thinking about personal song ideas yesterday. A deep love song with Ruth Moody singing the female part makes me think about .. well..
Kitty (don't laugh at me) and what she might think about it.  :o  So maybe it is not just about love, but more meant the way that "All The Roadrunning"
was meant or "This Is Us"?

A REAL personal song from my point of view is for example "Basil", because a young copy boy that meets Basil Bunting is so specific, so it has to be Mark himself. This is a song that has the young Mark as a protagonist, no doubt, there is no applicability in this song for other levels/persons/ideas as Mark wants to achieve in many of his other songs. I find that remarkable. Only knowing what he himself said about "Laugh & Jokes and Drinks & Smokes", it seems it is another song on this same personal level.

How many other songs have Mark K. himself as a protagonist? Can't remember too many..

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2015, 08:51:24 PM »
2nd verse, last line is:       I don't feel alone in the night      ;)

Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineShai

• Camerado
Re: BREAKING NEWS: WHEREVER I GO ON TALENTHOUSE!
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2015, 08:54:32 PM »
In the case of Wherever I Go yes. Beryl is very generic sounding and Wherever I Go is almost painful to listen to without falling asleep.I hope the other tracks are classic MK because these two tracks are as medicore as you can get.

Painful? Wow. This song is amazing....for you guys bored with it, at least its the last song on the official cd, so if you fall asleep, great!

"There's a place for us" reminds me of Romeo & Juliet. I also hear My Claim to Fame and a few others, but so what! The man has been putting out great music for 38 years now! A few are bound to remind us of other songs, but so what!

"LET'S SEE YOU DO BETTER, SHUT UP AND DEAL".

Saul

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2015, 09:41:14 PM »
2nd verse, last line is:       I don't feel alone in the night      ;)
:thumbsup :clap Nice work Val!

LoveExpresso

« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2015, 10:26:31 PM »
And would the first line not be
Maybe I'm bound to wAnder?

LE

Offlineyontwocrows

• Camerado
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2015, 10:33:27 PM »
Please, guys, don't post that much. I've had no internet connection for two days, and this thread alone is exploding  :smack
It's hard to stay informed  ;D
Just my 2 cents: I like the song, it's certainly not my favourite song, tempo is very slow (which is always a bit hard), and yes it depends therefore on the mood you're in. I agree with the comparison to in the sky. In contrast to other opinions i like the sax part (yes it's 80, sax is always '80). I love especially the fine playing of Nigel, the dynamic range and the soft beginning of the notes. I listened to the song at least 20 times, because I had time and had to wait and was too lazy to stop the loop. It's a good song for special moods and i like the singing of Ruth Moody very much. No complaints about that!
Thanks for the lyrics, waiting for the tabs (foma!). Very interesting what you all think about the song. Clearly a song that will only be played when Ruth Moody is guest!

I have the feeling that the album is a sort of concept album (at least more than his other albums.)  I think the song is a perfect closer! Looking forward to the album i think it's not so good to listen to the song as extracts, the songs are better embedded in context.

OfflineMillionaire Blues

• Camerado
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2015, 12:01:36 AM »
Thank you mark for this incredible song... The  sentiment resonates with me so deeply!! The music is incredible and marks vocal is the best he had ever delivered!!! X

foma

« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2015, 12:34:43 AM »
Thanks for the lyrics, waiting for the tabs (foma!)

Wow, thanks for waiting! I have no any guitar at the moment, so I'm trying to make my way through chords without it. I think today or tomorrow I'll get the guitar at last and would finish it up. Funny, but this song, after million listenings, also reminded to me 'Get Lucky' because of the same key and some similar rhythm-guitar chops.

I think that slide lick and transition to sax on 05:23 is a kind of thing, what makes me listen to this song and keeps waiting for this moment. It's just gorgeous! Love that part from documentary already.

Offlineyontwocrows

• Camerado
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2015, 01:18:34 AM »
:smack :think That Lick at 5:50... has been played on something else????? In the sky outro?

Been thrashing this all day and I have finally cracked IT!

Clue:- It's not from "In the sky"
Please, another hint. I've the same problem, and i'm dying. I know this three notes pretty well, and i even know a few next notes that are not played here. I would guess it's an allusion to DS Times, not to MK solo, right? But I'm not sure.

pete_w

« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2015, 08:03:25 AM »
Please, another hint. I've the same problem, and i'm dying. I know this three notes pretty well, and i even know a few next notes that are not played here. I would guess it's an allusion to DS Times, not to MK solo, right? But I'm not sure.

Back to toupee-lo

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2015, 08:15:50 AM »
Interesting comments on a maybe not so interesting song!  ;)

I think it's just a little too mawkish overall, with the clich
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:20:48 AM by Rail King »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 45 queries.