Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: (11) Wherever I Go (feat Ruth Moody) (6:24)  (Read 84341 times)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: (11) Wherever I Go (feat Ruth Moody) (6:24)
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2015, 11:21:24 PM »
And for me it's endless on repeat  :) I love you all guys, we agree or disagree about songs, but we (almost) all fell in love with  this album

Offlinerichardmu

• Local Hero
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2015, 11:24:30 PM »
skipper for me. Its nice but the lyrics are only a tiny part, not much of them either. The sax sounds ridiculous. Someone mentioned guitar solo is as good as AWITN...... I can't hear it. AWITN is one of his greatest ever solos with a perfect start and finish. The solo in this song is not really anything, just thrown together.

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado
« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2015, 11:31:50 PM »
skipper for me. Its nice but the lyrics are only a tiny part, not much of them either. The sax sounds ridiculous. Someone mentioned guitar solo is as good as AWITN...... I can't hear it. AWITN is one of his greatest ever solos with a perfect start and finish. The solo in this song is not really anything, just thrown together.
No solo at all can beat the mournfully AWITN solo  :)
It's my dream to be able to hear AWITN played live someday.........
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:37:52 PM by Marikablue »
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2015, 11:40:37 PM »

And for me it's endless on repeat  :) I love you all guys, we agree or disagree about songs, but we (almost) all fell in love with  this album
Well said dear Ingrid  :clap
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2015, 12:28:09 PM »

Totally agree.  Solo as good as AWITN!  There's a solo?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2015, 10:02:36 PM »
First time I've listened to this song, I thought it was a littel too slow. I still think that it is indeed slow, but that's ok, is how it works.

As many of you, I also hear similarities with the songs some of you have mentioned. But for me it was especially funny and strange to see the mention to David Knopfler in this thread. It's because everytime Mark uses a sax on some song, I imediatelly think about his brother, and for me Wherever I Go could easily be a DK effort...
Love over gold, mind over matter

foma

« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2015, 09:29:32 PM »
So you can check all the submissions now on Talenthouse website. Can't find anything worth 4000$ now, poor Mark.

https://www.talenthouse.com/i/create-a-music-video-for-mark-knopfler-and-virgin-emi/submissions/popular

foma

LoveExpresso

« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2015, 10:03:05 AM »
Last night I listened to this track (seldom enough) and it struck me what I don't like about it: The fact that it is a duet. The first lines by Mark are sung so great, I am sure I would love this song if Mark would sing it completely alone. Then the Sax is coming in too early... and who needs a sax solo anyway..
River Towns shows what great things are possible with this instrument, but this cheesy 80's solo - not for me, sorry.

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2015, 10:09:27 AM »
I really like this song, even though it's a bit slow, but the thing that spoils it for me is the overloud percussion in my ear!   There are one or two parts when it stops and then it's sheer heaven!  ::)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2015, 10:19:46 AM »
And tastes are different, always nice, otherwise there's nothing to discuss. I like this song very much, I love the way their voices fit together. I am with Superval that the percussion is a little overdone

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2015, 02:55:29 PM »
Can't like this one at all.  The lyrics are a load of centemental, mushy, cliche-ridden tripe more worthy of a boy-band than Mark Knopfler.  His songs used to have so much depth to them and clever lyrics but this is just self indulgent rubbish.  Same goes for LCG.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2015, 03:30:07 PM »
Love is part of his life DMG. That's not rubbish, that's why he is happy. And I think that's the main reason we still get beautiful songs/albums/tours.
If he wasn't happy he couldn't write like this. You are not romantic at all I understand, but I am happy that he is happy with Kitty. And I am happy he shares it with us through his songs and lyrics!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2015, 03:38:55 PM »
I really can't believe anyone 'rubbishing' any of the new album to be honest..... :hmm
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2015, 03:50:01 PM »
Can't like this one at all.  The lyrics are a load of centemental, mushy, cliche-ridden tripe more worthy of a boy-band than Mark Knopfler.  His songs used to have so much depth to them and clever lyrics but this is just self indulgent rubbish.  Same goes for LCG.

Of course it's sentimental, dmg.  MK is a very sentimental person and that's what I love about him these days!  Oh, and his songs still have a lot of depth as you can hear on this album!  :)   I love Long Cool Girl too, I just let it wash all over me!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 45 queries.