Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: (11) Wherever I Go (feat Ruth Moody) (6:24)  (Read 84307 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: (11) Wherever I Go (feat Ruth Moody) (6:24)
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2015, 06:57:52 PM »
Love is part of his life DMG. That's not rubbish, that's why he is happy. And I think that's the main reason we still get beautiful songs/albums/tours.
If he wasn't happy he couldn't write like this. You are not romantic at all I understand, but I am happy that he is happy with Kitty. And I am happy he shares it with us through his songs and lyrics!

Well, it's very clear that his best songwriting was in the late 70s/early 80s.  A while before he met Kitty and settled down.  I'm not really interested in his private life, that is as it says - private.  For him to share it is a little self-indulgent I think.  Different with a song like Basil as it isn't so personal and has some sort of meaning/interest.  Difficult to believe The same person who wrote Basil also wrote this same mushy Mills and Boon reject.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2015, 07:27:15 PM »
As said on Facebook you are achting very arrogant. you know what is best or what not, and pay no respect to others. It is not clear that late '70s early '80s is his best songwriting. YOU like it best, OTHERS think different. You have to respect that. You are not god, so you don't know what is best or not. You just have a certain taste of music, just like every other human being. Not more not less.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2015, 07:37:57 PM »
To me it's a different era and style. I like both. He made projects that I didn't like, i.e. don't get me started on EH....But all in all he did evolve as an artist. Sometimes, I miss some serious guitar noodling as well, in these times he is inclined to say more with less notes - and that in an elegant and sophisticated way. There is no showing off, standing on hilltops with sparkling geetarz and striking a pose. As long as this music inspires and touches me in some way, I'm going to listen to his songs.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2015, 07:40:05 PM »
To me it's a different era and style. I like both. He made projects that I didn't like, i.e. don't get me started on EH....But all in all he did evolve as an artist. Sometimes, I miss some serious guitar noodling as well, in these times he is inclined to say more with less notes - and that in an elegant and sophisticated way. There is no showing off, standing on hilltops with sparkling geetarz and striking a pose. As long as this music inspires and touches me in some way, I'm going to listen to his songs.
+1000

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2015, 07:47:17 PM »
Love is part of his life DMG. That's not rubbish, that's why he is happy. And I think that's the main reason we still get beautiful songs/albums/tours.
If he wasn't happy he couldn't write like this. You are not romantic at all I understand, but I am happy that he is happy with Kitty. And I am happy he shares it with us through his songs and lyrics!
I'm not really interested in his private life, that is as it says - private.  For him to share it is a little self-indulgent I think. 

Not self-indulgent at all!   How do you think some of the best love songs in the world came about?  From real life experiences of the heart!  I'm glad he can express his personal feelings in a song.  It makes him much more human somehow. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2015, 08:19:38 PM »
As said on Facebook you are achting very arrogant. you know what is best or what not, and pay no respect to others. It is not clear that late '70s early '80s is his best songwriting. YOU like it best, OTHERS think different. You have to respect that. You are not god, so you don't know what is best or not. You just have a certain taste of music, just like every other human being. Not more not less.

"Anyone else, sensing that there is a lot of love and warmness on AMIT at the moment. Has MK touched you more with this record than any of his previous gems?"

http://amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=4235.0

;D ;D ;D
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2015, 08:25:01 PM »
I know Dutchessy, but this time I am sick of the negativity. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. But everyone has an opinion which is not the same as the truth. I am the most liberal person in the world as you know, but sometimes things have to be said.

LoveExpresso

« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2015, 08:32:27 PM »
Obviously it is clear to everyone that this song is about Mark and Kitty, therefore private or "self-indulgent"? I can't see any personal key or touch in it, I mean personal touch from his very own life - it is just general valid stuff about missing the beloved one etc.. so it is a romantic thing. For example, in Silver Eagle and Taormina the Dylan thing is pretty obvious, whereas this could be any other couple. In fact, it could also be a gay male couple ("brother")  ;)

About the other thing cooking here, I wish we would not start to get angry about a love song. I don't know what happened on Facebook, but I witnessed a very tough emotional day following the news today and it is really not worth it fighting about Mark in times when he should be happy about a new album.

Especially as two of the very well-known, reputated and personal friends (of mine) start to get angry!

:wave

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2015, 08:35:49 PM »
Obviously it is clear to everyone that this song is about Mark and Kitty, therefore private or "self-indulgent"? I can't see any personal key or touch in it, I mean personal touch from his very own life - it is just general valid stuff about missing the beloved one etc.. so it is a romantic thing. For example, in Silver Eagle and Taormina the Dylan thing is pretty obvious, whereas this could be any other couple. In fact, it could also be a gay male couple ("brother")  ;)

About the other thing cooking here, I wish we would not start to get angry about a love song. I don't know what happened on Facebook, but I witnessed a very tough emotional day following the news today and it is really not worth it fighting about Mark in times when he should be happy about a new album.

Especially as two of the very well-known, reputated and personal friends (of mine) start to get angry!

:wave

LE

Thank you LE  :thumbsup Well said.  :clap
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2015, 08:47:54 PM »
I am not angry folks, just a bit tired of negativity and I want some more nuance in the Posts. Not this IS good or bad. It's all about opinions. Not more not less. I really hope DMG got the message like this and we will have a good beer in May together again. The news is negative and sad enough today indeed. Maybe that's why I can't have some more. I feel really shocked by the awful messages about the planecrash.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2015, 08:53:27 PM »
I really can't believe people arguing over a love song, I mean come on get a grip espeically as there is other things more important going on in the world :hmm

dmg, surely it has to be each to their own with regards songs and genres etc but why do you feel the need to TELL everyone what is right and wrong? I'm seriously not following. :disbelief

As for the 'dire straits' years - yes, sure we all enjoyed them but hey - move on!

And to get angry with fellow AMITers who come on here in good faith to talk about 'the master' it seriously will not do...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2015, 08:56:13 PM »
I am not angry folks, just a bit tired of negativity and I want some more nuance in the Posts. Not this IS good or bad. It's all about opinions. Not more not less. I really hope DMG got the message like this and we will have a good beer in May together again. The news is negative and sad enough today indeed. Maybe that's why I can't have some more. I feel really shocked by the awful messages about the planecrash.

What a shame 'negativity' get's bought onto this fantastic forum, sure we are gonna get it from time to time but you'd think we would be in some kind of unison when it come's to MK?
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2015, 05:38:48 AM »
This song is in the provisional setlist...
Do you think reahearsels has already started or is it just on the list of songs MK has choosen to play during rehearseltime??

Where to find that list?
Guy confirmed this  (only this song) on his forum. The list...... i wish i had that one.......  :lol
I didn't see the forum for his post, but as far as I know, Guy does not like to discuss setlists, right?  I am surprised that he would confirm any setlist - even a provisional one.  Did I miss something?  :hmm
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2015, 07:27:30 AM »
Why are people picking on DMG for expressing his opinion? He's not being arrogant IMO, he's just giving HIS views on MK's music, as he should be free to do on this site.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #209 on: March 27, 2015, 08:55:10 AM »
Mark's musical progression and the inspiration behind his life's musical Journey are expressed in this Tracker record. IMHO it is the closest we have ever been with a bunch of songs to the heart and soul of the creator of them.

Emotions have been stirred; at all different levels here (which is what AMIT is all about) and parts of the record are still revealing themselves to many of us. We need to step back, to allow others to express their views on how this piece of art has impacted them. No one is right & no one is wrong. Just be happy that we have this gem of a place to visit and be gentle with each-others feelings. From what I have gleaned about the bloke who is the inspiration for this place it is probably the way that he’d want us to approach it.

SL1
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:07:37 AM by shangri la 1 »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 37 queries.