Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #13 DTRW TOUR - May 13 2019 - Lanxess Arena, Cologne, Germany #SPOILER#  (Read 34377 times)

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
Why do you guys want to drop anything but CBC, which is the obvious weak and overplayed song in the set ? Take today's setlist, CBC out, OES back in, and you have a very nice set. HFOH is new live, touching and well played, it should be given a chance...

I'd be very happy to drop it but the set needs a pacy, energetic song in that spot.  Walk of Life anyone?

Sorry dmg, just cant ever, ever hear that song again after playing it non stop for 24 hours some years ago for charity....

I'm still mentally scarred....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
What about giving What it is the brassies treatment, like WAM ? :D

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...

Ok then Mark can resurrect TOL with the folkies performing both the keyboard and guitar parts!
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

Ok then Mark can resurrect TOL with the folkies performing both the keyboard and guitar parts!
Blasphemy ! I call the exorcist :D

Offlinecold on the tollgate

• Guitar George

You can probably tell from my forum name how much I love WII so giving it the brassy treatment would be catastrophic  :'(

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...

Here it is, the exorcist!

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

You can probably tell from my forum name how much I love WII so giving it the brassy treatment would be catastrophic  :'(
Yeah I may not work... It worked very well for WAM though. Fantastic opener and fantastic version ! Dropping if for Nobody does that for a while was an insult. Nobody does that ! Well, Mark does...

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

Here it is, the exorcist!

:D

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
I Enjoyed listening too tonights concert very much, wye aye man superb , I wouldn't drop CBC (didn't like in 2011 and 2013 , but enjoyed 2015 and enjoying it now

I like the setlist the only the only things I would drop are your latest trick and Romeo prevously( OES)

highlights for me generally

WAM
STP
matchstick man
bornaparte back
silvertown blues
speedway (still not wether i like brass section or not)

money for nothing

brothers
going home

SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Offlinedvschend

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Just got home from Cologne. First sleep. In the morning  I will spam you with my pics  ;D .

For now here's a little lullaby I've recorded tonight  :lol

OfflineGuitarChris

• Guitar George
  • We are the Sultans, we are the Sultans of Swing
I have been in Cologne, too.WOW. WHAT A NIGHT! He could play the whole night. I didn't watch the setlist of the previous concerts and I was positively shocked.

His performance was amazing. He sings which so much soul and it seems like he is enjoying every moment. And he repeats in R&J the "you and me babe, how about it" at the end. That shows me that he wants to perform as good as he can.

To his goodbye speech. He said in German that he has to retire, he is very old. But he loves the music too much. The other guys should retire, too. But it would be very difficult to retire, specially with this guys. So let us hope he will change his mind and will play a few concerts again.
THIS SONGS ARE TOO BEAUTIFUL. IT WOULD BE VERY SAD IF THEY WOULDN'T BE PLAYED LIVE AGAIN.

I am a young MK fan so I could only see him at the Privateering and Tracker tour. This concert was by far the best I have seen from him. This was for us fans. I did not expect see so many DS songs and than they played so nice versions of them. It remembered me many times on "On the night" AWESOME! Fantastic that they played BIA. First time I have heard it live. OUATITW was incredible. He can't retire if he stays in this shape. What a beautiful evening.
Owner of a Fender Stratocaster Mark Knopfler Signature

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I have been in Cologne, too.WOW. WHAT A NIGHT! He could play the whole night. I didn't watch the setlist of the previous concerts and I was positively shocked.

His performance was amazing. He sings which so much soul and it seems like he is enjoying every moment. And he repeats in R&J the "you and me babe, how about it" at the end. That shows me that he wants to perform as good as he can.

To his goodbye speech. He said in German that he has to retire, he is very old. But he loves the music too much. The other guys should retire, too. But it would be very difficult to retire, specially with this guys. So let us hope he will change his mind and will play a few concerts again.
THIS SONGS ARE TOO BEAUTIFUL. IT WOULD BE VERY SAD IF THEY WOULDN'T BE PLAYED LIVE AGAIN.

I am a young MK fan so I could only see him at the Privateering and Tracker tour. This concert was by far the best I have seen from him. This was for us fans. I did not expect see so many DS songs and than they played so nice versions of them. It remembered me many times on "On the night" AWESOME! Fantastic that they played BIA. First time I have heard it live. OUATITW was incredible. He can't retire if he stays in this shape. What a beautiful evening.

Fantastic, glad you had a good evening, and as my two concerts are approaching I have stopped reading the negative remarks along with any social media videos so I can enjoy 'The Master' for what may be two last times....

Can you send me the serial number and date of manufacture (if known) for your Fender MK Strat so I can add you to the owners register please.... :wave
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 09:51:48 AM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

So pleased you enjoyed the concert, GuitarChris!   :)

Your review is confirmation that we should do exactly what you have done - just go to the show without looking at setlists, having speculations and post mortems, etc and enjoy it as it comes - without any expectations!   I would love to do the same, BUT I don't have the willpower!    ;)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 08:20:32 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedvschend

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
So it was a decent performance, but not outstanding (to me). This setlist lacks a killer track to make it a suberb show. "All fillers, no killers".
That said I really enjoyed being there. Had to fight security though to breach through for running of the bulls (that bastards were preventing us to get in front). Secured a spot at the right front rail after all. It was great to hear OUATITW en SB live finally.

Looking at Mark's big sigh after Going Home I think he's really struggling every night.
Here are some pics from last night. More (and a review in dutch) are on the link below

https://reviewnl.wordpress.com/
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 03:51:39 PM by dvschend »

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
MFN is awesome this tour, much better than the slimmed-down version of 2005. That tone is killer, it's so powerful and raw, personally I find it better than during any previous DS or MK tour.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:37:29 AM by TheTimeWasWrong »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 38 queries.