Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Small Ruth Moody Interview  (Read 8243 times)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Small Ruth Moody Interview
« on: July 04, 2013, 07:40:16 PM »
It's from before the tour, she chats very briefly about Mark from 2.55.
Don't know if this is posted before...

Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Small Ruth Moody Interview
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 07:48:50 PM »
Thank you Dutchessy!    I will be seeing Ruth tomorrow night at a very small venue in Farndale - less than 100, so I hope to get a chance to speak with her!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 07:56:48 PM »
You will Val. Buy both CD's and have it signed by her. She is really nice. I talked to her at 2nd night RAH.
Enjoy the show!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 08:02:01 PM »
You will Val. Buy both CD's and have it signed by her. She is really nice. I talked to her at 2nd night RAH.
Enjoy the show!

I already have both her albums, Ingrid, and I can highly recommend them,  but I do need her to sign them, so here's my opportunity!   :) 

btw I have already spoken with her at Transatlantic Sessions in Gateshead last year and she was really lovely.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 10:42:33 PM »
Give her a Kiss from me, the Guy she drew extra hearts For with her Signature on the first RAH night. ;)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 07:59:52 AM »
Give her a Kiss from me, the Guy she drew extra hearts For with her Signature on the first RAH night. ;)

I will!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 09:06:35 AM »
hi Val,
I'm shure she will be happy to stay after the show.
we could easily meet her and discuss at any of the french shows.
Even take pics with her if we wanted. I did not -she's too cute- just to avoid the unnecessary who's-that-girl question . Are you sure it was for Mark Knopfler you were on the road so many days ? ;)

Have fun   :D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:26:45 AM by tunnel85 »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 09:17:27 AM »
hi Val,
I'm shure she will be happy to stay after the show.
we could easily meet her and discuss at any of the french shows.
Even take pics with her if we wanted. I did not -she's too cute- just to avoid the unnecessary who's-that-girl question . Are you sure it was for Mark Knopfler you were on the road so many days ? ;)v

Have fun   :D

:lol   Thank you, Tunnel!   I'm looking forward to it very much and also just a little intrigued, regarding the venue, which I think may be a tad eccentric - in the best possible way, of course!   I'll report back!    :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 02:43:01 PM »
:lol   Thank you, Tunnel!   I'm looking forward to it very much and also just a little intrigued, regarding the venue, which I think may be a tad eccentric - in the best possible way, of course!   I'll report back!    :wave

It can't be any more eccentric than the venue at which I saw Ruth last year in Lake City, Mn. She handled it with great grace and humor. Perhaps she even likes a venue that is out of the ordinary.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 06:33:51 PM »
Back home from a truly wonderful couple of days in the very beautiful valley of Farndale on the North York Moors and it couldn't have been better weather for the occasion - very warm and sunny!

The Band Room couldn't have been more different than the venues Ruth has just played at with MK - RAH, Ziggodome, etc -  just a small corrugated shed-like structure, which held around 100 people, who all congregated outside, armed with bottles of wine, beer, etc, waiting for doors to open at 7.30pm.   

There were two support acts, who played for around 30 minutes and then Ruth and her band came on to the stage and played for around 2 hours.  It was a similar set-list to those she played with MK, but with a lot of additions and it went down very well with the very enthusiastic audience.   One of the rules of the Band Room is that every headlining artist has to finish their set with a Dylan song.   Ruth said she didn't usually play Dylan songs, but that she would do her best.  I didn't recognise the song, but it sounded fine to me and I think she and the band did a good job.   There was a really fantastic response from the audience to her whole performance and I felt really pleased for her.   

Afterwards, she mingled with the audience and I had quite a long chat with her.   She signed my albums, in the dark, because nobody had switched on the lights for at least ten minutes!   I mentioned that I had seen her recently with MK and she seemed quite amazed that we had actually come to see her!   

A nice touch - One of the ladies from the village had made chocolate cake and went round the room offering a slice to everyone! 

@Pottel:   I gave her a kiss and explained that it was from you!   I told her your name and she said she thought she remembered you!   :)

Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 10:53:57 PM »

@Pottel:   I gave her a kiss and explained that it was from you!   I told her your name and she said she thought she remembered you!   :)

Thanks for your report Val but I don't believe that last part for one moment! ;)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 12:25:44 AM »
Ruth's concert sounds like it was lovely. Thanks for the report, Val. MK has provided her with a priceless opportunity by exposing her to a ton of potentially new fans.  As MK said in an interview recently, everyone has their shot with the implication being  that although the door may have been opened for you, you still have to walk through it on your own. Here's hoping that Ruth is able to do that with success. It is certainly an exciting and pivotal time for her career!

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 01:29:40 AM »
I really became a fan of her. Her albums are in my car all the time. Happy you had a great couple of days Val.  :)

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 07:25:24 AM »

Thanks for your report Val but I don't believe that last part for one moment! ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D dmg, why so mean to pottel?????? 

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 11:04:12 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D dmg, why so mean to pottel??????

Okay, I admit it - I'm just jealous he got a kiss and I didn't! :'(
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 39 queries.