Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #17:2012.10.29 Broomfield, CO - 1st Bank Center, USA # SPOILER AHEAD  (Read 32066 times)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Re: #17:2012.10.29 Broomfield, CO - 1st Bank Center, USA # SPOILER AHEAD
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2012, 07:48:59 PM »
Exactly my thoughts LE! It was great when I saw this. The whole episode is amazing. He plays on every available surface. :thumbsup

dmg, we are older and don't get the thrill of it all anymore. But see  the "added bonus" episodes with the famous people, they are quite fascinating, if not funny. Dudley Moore, Rodger Moore, John Cleese, Alice Cooper, Paul Simon and the list goes on for miles and miles... Unfortunately no MK or BD.

jbaent, play the drums first and then we will deside if you are good enough for the avatar.  ;D
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2012, 07:49:21 PM »
You are a very refreshing fellow for sure. How can anyone hate the Muppets? Let's talk about Mark's latest set list, shall we?  :wave

LE

BIA, what do you make of it? ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2012, 07:53:25 PM »
T'was just a rumour. BIA or SFA does no great difference to me, on both songs I will probably go on auto-pilot...

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2012, 07:55:20 PM »

dmg, we are older and don't get the thrill of it all anymore. But see  the "added bonus" episodes with the famous people, they are quite fascinating, if not funny. Dudley Moore, Rodger Moore, John Cleese, Alice Cooper, Paul Simon and the list goes on for miles and miles... Unfortunately no MK or BD.

Absolutely love Sir Roger Moore!  I'm a big fan of The Saint and The Persuaders and he was also 007 when I was growing up.  He's been on TV a lot here lately and he's got such a great sense of humour still even though he's now well into his 80s.  He's also done so much for charity in particular Unicef raising tens of millions of pounds.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2012, 07:57:11 PM »
T'was just a rumour. BIA or SFA does no great difference to me, on both songs I will probably go on auto-pilot...

LE

Mark will probably go on auto-pilot too!  I tend to agree but in this instance I think the set needed another guitar fuelled song in there.

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2012, 10:38:37 PM »
Personally, I'd love to have Marbletown replaced, coz it is played so long.  We can have two songs in that duration.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:34:30 AM by allen »
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2012, 02:04:29 AM »
Buddy Rich was something else.  I think it was Mel Torme, the singer, who wrote a biography of Buddy Rich and I think it was that book which Dylan optioned but the film never came about.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2012, 11:15:03 AM »
Personally, I'd love to have Marbletown replaced, coz it is played so long.  We can have two songs in that duration.

Yes.  It isn't a fitting finale to the show like Speedway was last year.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2012, 11:40:29 AM »

LE
I beg to differ.
SFA is an overplayed average song.
BIA is a true masterpiece, one of the top 5 from the DS days... my wife's favourite :) glad to have it back !

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2012, 01:44:27 PM »

Agree that Speedway could be a better finale. Let's get rid of Sonny Liston or DWB, or both,  and have Speedway played after Marbletown.  ;D
I may possibly the last one on earth who would ask for a Marbletown replacement. It sounds fresh and new to me every time I listen to a new version.
Fresh and new also when it's a version I've listened  a hundred times.

However,in theory it could be a good idea to replace Marbletown.  The question is replaced by what ?
Silvertown Blues ? It never rains ? Are we in trouble now ?
Indeed we may be in big trouble if he replaces Marbletown...
We all know every time there is a replacement, the winners are DWB, Knoxville, Sonny, SFA...  :disbelief

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2012, 02:26:19 PM »

Agree that Speedway could be a better finale. Let's get rid of Sonny Liston or DWB, or both,  and have Speedway played after Marbletown.  ;D
I may possibly the last one on earth who would ask for a Marbletown replacement. It sounds fresh and new to me every time I listen to a new version.

However,in theory it could be a good idea to replace Marbletown.  The question is replaced by what ?
We all know every time there is a replacement, the winners are DWB, Knoxville, Sonny, SFA...  :disbelief

Replace it with Junkie Doll;  it would give Coxy a chance to shine too.  Always liked that song.

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2012, 10:17:23 PM »

Replace it with Junkie Doll;  it would give Coxy a chance to shine too.  Always liked that song.

Marbletown is actually a very good song to play LIVE.  It gives other members of the band the opportunity to show off their skills. Also it's quite riveting to see and hear the face off between John and Glen. I quite enjoy it.  I think the song that should be replaced is "Daddy gone to Knoxville" 

Replace it with " punish the monkey"  BTW: has this song ever been played LIVE?

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2012, 10:49:44 PM »

Marbletown is actually a very good song to play LIVE.  It gives other members of the band the opportunity to show off their skills. Also it's quite riveting to see and hear the face off between John and Glen. I quite enjoy it.  I think the song that should be replaced is "Daddy gone to Knoxville" 

Replace it with " punish the monkey"  BTW: has this song ever been played LIVE?

It was sung live at a tv show (GMTV) in 2007. Instruments were playback
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2012, 09:00:48 PM »
It wasn't really a typical shopping mall.
The arena is a standalone building that was constructed several years ago.
In the surrounding blocks, they are building condos/apartments that are 2-3 stories high with retail shops/small restaurants on the ground floor. There is also a boutique-type hotel 2 blocks away. There is a parking garage nearby and a stop for the train system.
There were bunny rabbits everywhere around the arena, which has some native plants along the east side that faces out on a roadway. They provided entertainment while waiting for the show.
It is only 10 miles or so from downtown Denver.
As you can see from the next night's setlist, BIA replaced Haul Away on this night. Not sure why. I was quite surprised to hear it, but the audience of Bob fans seemed to enjoy hearing something they were familiar with.

Kind of a strange thing happened for me both nights of the Broomfield show. I bought my tickets on MK.com and purchased the less expensive ones because I figured Bob fans would get all the best seats anyway, which is what happened. The tickets I was to have were on the side, 7 and 8 rows up.
But when I picked up my tickets, I was upgraded the first night to Row 2 on the floor right in front of John McCusker and the second night to Row 11 on the floor, almost dead center even with MK.
Some other people were also upgraded next to me the first night, but then ushers came and told them someone else had those seats so they were to be moved. They had somehow rearranged seats that morning. The people who were moved into Row 2 next to me had also been upgraded, ao I'm not sure why the others had to move as they all had upgraded tickets. The staff then filled in the center aisle with seats in Row 3 and put the people who were relocated a second time there, right behind us. They left me in the Row 2 seat, which was wonderful for me.
The guy next to me on the other side, in Row 2 the first night, was a Bob fan and member of his fan club but chose to buy his ticket through the venue rather than through the fan club, and he got the second row, amongst those who bought through the fan club. They all knew each other. But he thought he was better off having bought from the arena than he would have been if he'd gotten his ticket online from the fan club. I don't know. That's just what he said.
The arena staff was busy stopping people from taking cellphone pictures, but people kept doing it anyway, though I didn't see any larger cameras.
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2012, 09:10:10 PM »
Thank you, knopfling!    Did you enjoy the shows?    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 40 queries.