Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: September 26th, Second MK Warm Up Gig, Tower Bridge Bussiness Complex, London  (Read 35168 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: September 26th, Second MK Warm Up Gig, Tower Bridge Bussiness Complex, London
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2012, 05:31:15 PM »
i now believe the first show was not recorded , at least not by the people we hoped for, as security was simply too severe (once inside)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: September 26th, Second MK Warm Up Gig, Tower Bridge Bussiness Complex, London
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2012, 05:32:53 PM »
I don't want to sound negative all the time but I'm not keen on too many multi-instumentalists;  jack of all trades, master of none springs to mind. 

Having heard John and Mike play outside of MK shows, I would never in a million years call them jack-of-all-trades!   They are very accomplished musicians and masters of the instruments they play!

I can fully understand where you're coming from and I've no problem with Mike playing whistles and pipes, John playing fiddle and cittern because they are in the same musical "locality."  However, drums require Mike to use his passport!  Just completely out of his comfort zone and not the style of musical instrument he is good at playing.  The same when John goes for a wee shot on the guitar.

I'm pretty certain it would have been more of a fun thing rather than serious drumming - wasn't there a washboard somewhere too!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2012, 05:36:09 PM »
I don't want to sound negative all the time but I'm not keen on too many multi-instumentalists;  jack of all trades, master of none springs to mind. 

Having heard John and Mike play outside of MK shows, I would never in a million years call them jack-of-all-trades!   They are very accomplished musicians and masters of the instruments they play!

I can fully understand where you're coming from and I've no problem with Mike playing whistles and pipes, John playing fiddle and cittern because they are in the same musical "locality."  However, drums require Mike to use his passport!  Just completely out of his comfort zone and not the style of musical instrument he is good at playing.  The same when John goes for a wee shot on the guitar.

I'm pretty certain it would have been more of a fun thing rather than serious drumming - wasn't there a washboard somewhere too!   :)

Yeah, I read that somewhere too.  It must have been on Donegan's Gone! ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2012, 05:38:06 PM »

Yeah, I read that somewhere too.  It must have been on Donegan's Gone! ;D

Probably!   Ian was on washboard and Mike on drums.  Just a bit of lighthearted fun - nothing too serious!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2012, 05:42:17 PM »
knoxville was NOT played in Oslo 2006, it was actually never played in oslo...
amsterdam 2008 was a real joy to experience!! i was soooo surprised that night..

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2012, 05:45:24 PM »
amsterdam 2008 was a real joy to experience!! i was soooo surprised that night..

I'd love to know what the arrangement was like...

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2012, 05:48:20 PM »
listen to ze recording bruv...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2012, 06:02:10 PM »

I didn't think it was, pottel, but Mossguitar seemed to think so.   Was Amsterdam the only place it was played live then?   I was there too!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2012, 06:03:35 PM »

I didn't think it was, pottel, but Mossguitar seemed to think so.   Was Amsterdam the only place it was played live then?   I was there too!   ;)

Played in Toulouse 07.04.08 too.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »
nah, think the first 2 or 3 shows that tour or something...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2012, 06:04:48 PM »

Toulouse defo.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2012, 06:05:24 PM »
LE, he did only played fizzy and let it all go in the promos, not in the real tour..... Imagine if he does the same now... Ytc and myb already dropped ;)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2012, 06:10:46 PM »

He played it also a (little) while after holland if i recall it correctly
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2012, 06:11:19 PM »
Atarfe, Barcelona, Madrid, Strasbourg, Paris, Mannheim, Zurich and OSLO too!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:16:57 PM by dmg »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2012, 06:21:12 PM »
i now believe the first show was not recorded , at least not by the people we hoped for, as security was simply too severe (once inside)

I dont get the point of forbid the recordings, specially when the MK management allows them, and the venue was just their rehearsal room, hired by themselfs...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 35 queries.