Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #24 DTRW TOUR - May 30 2019 - Resorts World Arena, Birmingham, UK #SPOILER#  (Read 19236 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
ask someone to stop filimg in the middle of why aye man

Come on, Mark, get over it.
Agree : no filming next week  :thumbsup

It's just MK's fault. If he was releasing some dvds from his tours, fans wouldn't need to film the shows themselves...

I don't think it would change anything.

I mean people who records the whole concert but, you'll might be right.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineBarzofarhyme

• Camerado
Nobody attended?

I was there for my only concert of the tour. This is what I put in the MK fans Facebook page.

Well if that was my last time watching MK live, and I really hope it wasn't, he certainly went out with a bang. Won't say anything about the setlist details as  I don't want to spoil it for those still to see him that don't want to know. Suffice to  say, a great mix and you definitely won't be disappointed. 🎸😁
The whole band sounded great and the brass section certainly takes the sound to another dimension. Incidentally Graham Blevins on 🎷 👏 👏 the best since Chris White.
Mark played probably even better than the last couple of tours if that's possible.
Definitely going to get the download.
Also now I've been to see him, looking forward to reading back over all the posts about the DTRW tour and seeing what he's played elsewhere.

Sound and lighting was superb. I was sitting in the back tiered block so a long way from the stage so obviously not a great view.
Personal favourites for me were My Bacon Roll, sounded so much better live and hearing OUATITW live. Casting my mind back over the last 35 years to try and remember if I've ever seen him play that live but don't think I have. Simply stunning.
All i do is kiss you, through the bars of a rhyme

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado

The whole thing seems so bizarre to me. He never used to care, in fact, MK has always been one of the more generous artists in terms of allowing recording of any kind. I remember a while back PCM said something along the lines of fans complaining that it was ruining the show for them. The irony is, I find nothing more distracting than the way MK responds. And there seems to be no rhyme or reason to when it irritates him. I remember a few tours ago in Milwaukee when he took his hands off the guitar and refused to play until security stopped a guy. It was so painfully awkward, and the only part of the show that stands out in my memory. Perhaps he has spent some time with Don Henley, whom I have also seen completely stop a show because someone had a phone out.

That having been said, I do understand how distracting it can be to fans. In fact, I have been upset with people around me, even in the front row, for trying to talk to me the entire show (Dayton and Ann Arbor years ago). I wanted to scream but just kept shrugging my shoulders and tried to enjoy the show. If you have to yell over Mark's guitar, you shouldn't be talking lol. Also, I used to take a lot of photos, but found I felt afterwards that I missed most of the show, so I only take a few anymore.

The bottom line though, it will never stop. Its the world we live in now :-/

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird

The whole thing seems so bizarre to me. He never used to care, in fact, MK has always been one of the more generous artists in terms of allowing recording of any kind. I remember a while back PCM said something along the lines of fans complaining that it was ruining the show for them. The irony is, I find nothing more distracting than the way MK responds. And there seems to be no rhyme or reason to when it irritates him. I remember a few tours ago in Milwaukee when he took his hands off the guitar and refused to play until security stopped a guy. It was so painfully awkward, and the only part of the show that stands out in my memory. Perhaps he has spent some time with Don Henley, whom I have also seen completely stop a show because someone had a phone out.

That having been said, I do understand how distracting it can be to fans. In fact, I have been upset with people around me, even in the front row, for trying to talk to me the entire show (Dayton and Ann Arbor years ago). I wanted to scream but just kept shrugging my shoulders and tried to enjoy the show. If you have to yell over Mark's guitar, you shouldn't be talking lol. Also, I used to take a lot of photos, but found I felt afterwards that I missed most of the show, so I only take a few anymore.

The bottom line though, it will never stop. Its the world we live in now :-/

Well, they posted the recording policy on MK.com prior to the tour start which was nothing new really...
So yes, filming will probably continue rest of the tour. However, fans should show respect to each other. If someone wants to film everything, fine, but keep the arms down and allow other people around to watch the concert with good view as well.

I will of course take photos and maybe some recording, but without the flash and the arms down.... I guess MK and the rest have nothing against this either, people just need to think on how they are shooting pics/recording... :thumbsup

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado

It's just MK's fault. If he was releasing some dvds from his tours, fans wouldn't need to film the shows themselves...
Or it’s the other way around: No official video releases because the filming ruins the market.

hunter

Or it’s the other way around: No official video releases because the filming ruins the market.

Amateur video with amateur sound ruining the market? I don't think so.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

Agreed.
Fans buy 100% of official releases, whatever unofficial stuff is there...

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado

Agreed.
If that was true, we would have more official video releases. But nowadays there’s no market for it. So the quality of amateur recordings is probably good enough for most fans. Sad, but true, it seems.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

Agreed.
If that was true, we would have more official video releases. But nowadays there’s no market for it. So the quality of amateur recordings is probably good enough for most fans. Sad, but true, it seems.
Plenty of other artists with smaller canvases than MK find it profitable to film and release shows.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..

Agreed.
Plenty of other artists with smaller canvases than MK find it profitable to film and release shows.

And how many of those 'artists' are pitch correcting vocals in the studio after the fact, or fixing/rerecording every last mistake, and in some cases the entire show! This reminds me of an MK interview somewhere in the dim and distant past (around alchemy) where he talked about how many well known artists are releasing so called live albums much of which was doctored, imagine just how seamless and easy this is now in a modern recording environment.

Until the last week I've actually been on the MK side of the live release debate, thinking that ultimately it was his artistic choice. Having seen him twice I think the band is as good as its ever going to get and it would be a real missed opportunity not to produce some sort of permeant memento of this tour.

I'm off to pray to the non existent musical gods......

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado

Agreed.
Yes, true. So you think the decitions not to MK release filmed shows are based mostly/purely on artistic considerations? Don’t you think something happened to the market for filmed concerts after smart phones and YouTube and stuff? Do we know how the All The Roadrunning DVD did sell?

OfflineShangri-La

• Local Hero
Around 30'000 copies in the world.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

And around 30 billion views online after the release :lol

Anyway, which is worse: Mark stopping playing because of cameras or Bob Dylan starting posing for cameras instead of playing? :think Either way, I was terribly distracted by people filming around me on the show, especially while gathered around stage. I wish security would take all the phones out of people prior to the show.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

And around 30 billion views online after the release :lol

Anyway, which is worse: Mark stopping playing because of cameras or Bob Dylan starting posing for cameras instead of playing? :think Either way, I was terribly distracted by people filming around me on the show, especially while gathered around stage. I wish security would take all the phones out of people prior to the show.

Personally I find people having conversations around me whilst the music is playing more distracting and darn right rude than people videoing the show. I mean why bother going to a concert if you are going to chat, go to a pub instead!!! :hmm :disbelief
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Apart from talking during songs and shouting out the wrong lyrics, the other things that really annoy me are people going to the loo or for another pint of beer during some of the most beautiful solos!   I just don't get it!    ::)
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 40 queries.