Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Songs played on rehearsals and soundchecks that didn’t get played live on tour  (Read 6104 times)

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I have always thought that the concerts in 2008, particularly Amsterdam, were showcases for the Ragpicker's tour which didn't happen due to MK's accident.  There were more songs played from Ragpicker's than KTGC in those first two concerts in Amsterdam - Marbletown, Devil Baby, Daddy's Gone to Knoxville,Hillfarmer's Blues and Why Aye Man, for example and only TLWNF and The Fish and the Bird from KTGC.

Ktgc had some great songs that would had worked well live, like Let It All Go, Punish the Monkey or even my favorite Madame Geneva. In 2019 we discovered that, also a favorite of mine, Heart Full of Holes could work well live despite being so long with so much lyrics, which is the reason I always thought it won't work well live!

Also We Can Get Wild - one of my favourites, but I like the whole KTGC album and it is a shame it is so underrated.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
I have always thought that the concerts in 2008, particularly Amsterdam, were showcases for the Ragpicker's tour which didn't happen due to MK's accident.  There were more songs played from Ragpicker's than KTGC in those first two concerts in Amsterdam - Marbletown, Devil Baby, Daddy's Gone to Knoxville,Hillfarmer's Blues and Why Aye Man, for example and only TLWNF and The Fish and the Bird from KTGC.

Ktgc had some great songs that would had worked well live, like Let It All Go, Punish the Monkey or even my favorite Madame Geneva. In 2019 we discovered that, also a favorite of mine, Heart Full of Holes could work well live despite being so long with so much lyrics, which is the reason I always thought it won't work well live!

Also We Can Get Wild - one of my favourites, but I like the whole KTGC album and it is a shame it is so underrated.

And a shame it was voted off so early.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

And a shame it was voted off so early.

Here Here :clap
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
For me also The Fish And The Bird.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DwDVj6Vl9eIM&ved=2ahUKEwjUuNa8gMX0AhXilYsKHfGVDgMQwqsBegQIChAD&usg=AOvVaw3C_W86ky9XkruW9hxoYJ7S

TFatB, is a great tune Live.....

It has always been reminiscent to me of "If I Were a Carpenter and You Were a Lady" by Bobby Darin.   

Originally recorded by Tim Hardin:

« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 01:52:23 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
Nice :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado

Yep I totally agree. Why KTGC was so ignored on tour is (also) a mystery for me. We can get wild as the opener with a full rocking band… and we would have got wild :)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Secondary Waltz was played live, it was OK although my favourite remains the MK solo version we got to see at Hay.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Secondary Waltz was played live, it was OK although my favourite remains the MK solo version we got to see at Hay.

I heard it played at Newcastle City Hall, but I agree the version from Hay was very special.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

I heard it played at Newcastle City Hall, but I agree the version from Hay was very special.

They played it in Edinburgh too.  Dreadful song!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

I heard it in Edinburgh too!   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

Did you not have to do Scottish country dancing at PE at school?

The song resonates with me, it’s pretty much exactly what happened to me every Christmas.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
We had to do country dancing once a week in our pants and vests in primary/first school. For some reason we didn’t get changed into a PE kit, we just took our clothes off. Can you imagine that happening today?

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
We had to do country dancing once a week in our pants and vests in primary/first school. For some reason we didn’t get changed into a PE kit, we just took our clothes off. Can you imagine that happening today?
Thankfully not.

COVID will have put an end to it anyway, so every cloud…

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 39 queries.