Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK event Sept. 27  (Read 50091 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: MK event Sept. 27
« Reply #210 on: October 05, 2013, 06:14:06 PM »
i am starting to get totally different image about people here on this forum. All that time i was reading stuff here, i was getting filling that you people are nice, a real MK fans. It seems that u are more some kind a ghetto.. Will i have to pass some kind a test to be welcome here?? burn name of Mark on my skin? really weird..

Why not spend a little more time chatting to us on the forum rather than just reading? You will soon realise that we ARE nice, real MK fans!!
Ghetto?? We are not a minority group - perhaps you would realise that if you see us all at an MK concert!!!

* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinexardas

• Local Hero
« Reply #211 on: October 05, 2013, 06:53:15 PM »
I was in Ljubljana, so it is possible that i saw ingrid.

Maybe we really had a bad start, but i am sure you are nice guys and girls.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #212 on: October 05, 2013, 07:04:57 PM »
I was in Ljubljana, so it is possible that i saw ingrid.

Maybe we really had a bad start, but i am sure you are nice guys and girls.

Bad start, well join in the discussion and you will soon find out that we are not that bad - we certainly don't bite well Ingrid might!!!! ;D

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
« Reply #213 on: October 05, 2013, 07:26:04 PM »
LOL  ;D
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #214 on: October 05, 2013, 07:29:23 PM »
We have been friends here for years.  Some of us have become lifelong real friends, beyond the forum.   It's a great place, and xardis you are very very welcome here.    This forum is a positive, friendly, and very happy place.   
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #215 on: October 05, 2013, 10:22:02 PM »
Sorry if I seemed eager, but I just asked by PM as it was suggested by both knopflerfan and Ingrid.  :)

I didn't want to urge anyone, it seemed "natural" to me to do so, as I ever replied in the past to anyone who asked me to send music.

I must admit I'm not familiar with torrents/tracker, etc...but nevermind. I know I will found the occasion in the future to get this recording, so no soucy, no troubles. all is fine. sorry again if my post was understood as "urgent"  :wave

and I confirm, people here are very nice, friendly, and always ready to serve.   :clap

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #216 on: October 06, 2013, 12:51:32 AM »
 Welcome xardas  :wave I hope it isn't "some kind a ghetto" here at AMIT. We are all un-paid volunteers here and all do our best to help our fellow AMIT

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #217 on: October 06, 2013, 05:52:30 AM »
Sorry if I seemed eager, but I just asked by PM as it was suggested by both knopflerfan and Ingrid.  :)

I didn't want to urge anyone, it seemed "natural" to me to do so, as I ever replied in the past to anyone who asked me to send music.

I must admit I'm not familiar with torrents/tracker, etc...but nevermind. I know I will found the occasion in the future to get this recording, so no soucy, no troubles. all is fine. sorry again if my post was understood as "urgent"  :wave

and I confirm, people here are very nice, friendly, and always ready to serve.   :clap

Hey JF,  :D  ...if you haven't already been messaged, PM me your email address, and I'll send it to you.   :wave
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #218 on: October 06, 2013, 02:58:53 PM »

Hey JF,  :D  ...if you haven't already been messaged, PM me your email address, and I'll send it to you.   :wave

thanks Lis, I have been messaged now  :) :thumbsup :wave

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2013, 06:15:37 PM »
A little review found in our local paper of the event.
Me thinks the bottom sentence sums the event up!!

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/leisure/reviews/10719599.An_Audience_with_Mark_Knopfler__Bridport_Arts_Centre/

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #220 on: October 08, 2013, 01:33:37 AM »
Same report, same photo but in Bridport newspaper:

http://www.bridportnews.co.uk/archive/2013/10/05/10719599.An_Audience_with_Mark_Knopfler__Bridport_Arts_Centre/

I guess the two newspapers are part of the same group.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #221 on: October 09, 2013, 04:40:42 PM »
I sent Guy an email to thank him and Mark for the event and also to thank Mark for signing my Strat 'Hang-tags'

Bridport - thankyou
 Stephen Anstey
 Poole, Dorset

9th October 2013   
 Guy, I feel compelled to thank you both on behalf of my wife and a friend who had travelled from the Netherlands to see you both again, for a really informative 1hr 25mins at Bridport last Friday. Shame you had to rush away afterwards but hey-ho.... Please thank Mark for agreeing to sign my two Fender 'MK' Strat 'Hang-Tags' they along with the two 'MK' Strat's themselves are as you will understand very treasured indeed. It was great to actually meet the man himself after all these years too - My wife will tell you how made up I was and still am!! Kind Regards 

Thanks, will do. 

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #222 on: October 10, 2013, 08:25:28 AM »
I sent Guy an email to thank him and Mark for the event and also to thank Mark for signing my Strat 'Hang-tags'

:thumbsup
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #223 on: September 12, 2021, 11:12:08 AM »
It's funny how a location you live very near to but have on many, many occasions just passed through has now become a huge 'place of worship' especially after the 27th September 2013!!!

My wife and I whenever we pass through Bridport on our way to the West of the UK (Devon/Cornwall) constantly chat about that very special day almost 8 years ago listening to and then meeting 'the master' after the show! It is and always will be without doubt one of the best day's in my life.....
Sorry to harp on but I will never ever forget it!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #224 on: September 12, 2021, 01:24:44 PM »
Thanks for resurrecting this 8-years old topic making me think about some MK event Sept. 27 in September.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 35 queries.