Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK event Sept. 27  (Read 50088 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: MK event Sept. 27
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2013, 08:55:03 PM »
Such golden opportunity and no one asked about Tunnel of love??  :smack

Indeed!  And Sultans!!! :smack :smack
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2013, 09:36:23 PM »
Ask what?  :o
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2013, 09:19:35 AM »
Thanks everyone for all your lovely words with regards meeting the man himself - yes still can't believe it!!! It was unbelievable to say the least and I hope some if not all of you will experience it one day.. MK did not rush either and gave each one if us time. I guess there were 10 of us all told and Ingrid and I were 4th in queue..... He did look espeically pleased to see the Fender MK tags and gave me a smile. Meeting MK - priceless!!

Now with regards to a question about Tunnel of Love, I would personally say thankyou for not playing it and Sultans - I got the impression you will not hear that as much just like on the last tour... Far better tunes available ne thinks. I personally   feel Mark has far better tunes/songs available and its time to move on....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2013, 10:09:46 AM »
....and Sultans - I got the impression you will not hear that as much just like on the last tour... Far better tunes available ne thinks. I personally   feel Mark has far better tunes/songs available and its time to move on....

Totally agree, Knopflerfan!    At first, I admit that I was disappointed that SOS wasn't being played, but as the tour progressed I really didn't miss it at all and enjoyed other songs, such as the wonderful Gator Blood much more. 

I have made a little compilation of lesser heard songs on the tour, including Miss You Blues, Dream of the Drowned Submariner, Back to Tupelo, 5.15am, Yon Two Crows and a few others and I realise I like them just as much as I liked SOS, but in a different way- especially BTT - MK's guitar is so beautiful!   These are also really good songs for winding-down at the end of the day!    :)

Regarding TOL.  I would prefer to remember it as it was played in '85, because if it was played again today, I have a feeling it might be a great disappointment - best leave it where it is, a beautiful memory!   ;)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:58:30 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2013, 11:18:03 AM »
....and Sultans - I got the impression you will not hear that as much just like on the last tour... Far better tunes available ne thinks. I personally   feel Mark has far better tunes/songs available and its time to move on....

Totally agree, Knopflerfan!    At first, I admit that I was disappointed that SOS wasn't being played, but as the tour progressed I really didn't miss it at all and enjoyed other songs, such as the wonderful Gator Blood much more. 

I have made a little compilation of lesser heard songs on the tour, including Miss You Blues, Dream of the Drowned Submariner, Back to Tupelo, 5.15am, Yon Two Crows and a few others and I realise I like them just as much as I liked SOS, but in a different way- especially BTT - MK's guitar is so beautiful!   These are also really good songs for winding-down at the end of the day!    :)

Regarding TOL.  I would prefer to remember it as it was played in '85, because if it was played again today, I have a feeling it might be a great disappointment - best leave it where it is, a beautiful memory!   ;)

"...really good for winding down at the end of the day!"

That just about sums up a lot of Mark's work these days.  You summed it up well Val. :clap

"Regarding TOL.  I would prefer to remember it as it was played in '85, because if it was played again today, I have a feeling it might be a great disappointment..."

Again, we are all well aware that ..................................................................

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2013, 12:17:36 PM »
Regarding TOL.  I would prefer to remember it as it was played in '85, because if it was played again today, I have a feeling it might be a great disappointment - best leave it where it is, a beautiful memory!

1000% agree  :thumbsup

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2013, 12:34:03 PM »
I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2013, 01:00:47 PM »
and a recording!  ;D

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2013, 01:52:28 PM »

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2013, 02:07:17 PM »
Thank Ingrid! It is good to know it exists!

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2013, 03:42:59 PM »
Regarding TOL.  I would prefer to remember it as it was played in '85, because if it was played again today, I have a feeling it might be a great disappointment - best leave it where it is, a beautiful memory!

Well i do not have such a memory because i've have never seen that one live and so i would love to hear TOL live in concert for once..
My first MK concert was in 1996..... :wave

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2013, 04:30:10 PM »

Well i do not have such a memory because i've have never seen that one live and so i would love to hear TOL live in concert for once..

Neither did i ( my first ds concert was 1992 and they played TR) but i prefer listen to 85 recordings than continuing to hope for a new version which i am sure would disappoint me after all.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2013, 04:44:08 PM »

Neither did i ( my first ds concert was 1992 and they played TR) but i prefer listen to 85 recordings than continuing to hope for a new version which i am sure would disappoint me after all.

A good pair of citterns would do the trick, as with TR...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2013, 05:48:57 PM »

A good pair of citterns would do the trick, as with TR...

The line "citterns burning up above" has a welcoming sense of permanency to it regarding any further use of them! ;D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:10:12 PM by jbaent »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2013, 08:59:16 PM »
Audio recording recieved from Ingrid (thankyou ;))

Another interesting comment from Mark on Friday when asked about the great Chet Atkins was that Chet would at times visit 'Dire Straits' while they were recording and one time Mark asked what Chet thought of this particular time to which he replied 'I like what you are trying to achieve'!!!!
I reckon Chet would be very pleased and proud of his fellow 'finger-picker' with what he HAS achieved to date!!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 09:01:25 PM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 35 queries.