Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: How much money do you think you have spent fueling your Knopfler obsession?  (Read 4127 times)

OfflineMillionaire Blues

• Camerado
I reckon about five hundred quid!

Well spent though!!!

x

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Short answer: too much.

A lot more than
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
You know, I've kept a 'sort-of' record in my Quicken books.   I'd have to look.  Almost afraid to though.   ??? It's really really up there--REALLY up there.   And the Quicken books won't even count all the cdrs and dvdrs.   Somewhere up there close to Dusty, probably. 
Gasp!
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Rollergirl

train/plane trips:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 05:37:06 PM by Rollergirl »

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
Planes/trains/automobiles/concert tickets/hotels/food/BEER :P/days off work/records/tapes/cd's/dvd's etc etc etc the cost is endless & long may it keep growing :P

Met people (more to meet) & saw places (more to see) & heard excellent music along the way, so it was all worth it I'd do it all over again ;)
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Tickets, air fares, hotels, meals, all x 2 (petrol for car journeys) to 15 plus concerts.  Every CD and DVD available.  Computer, external hard-drive 800 GB, back-ups of back-ups, but a price could not be put on all the enjoyment of MK's music, wonderful memories and meetings with such lovely people.   :-*
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 07:10:38 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
alotamoolah 
 :o :o :o :o
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
Uuhhhhh .......except the hotel costs and the concert we attended in March last year and the birthday party in Norwich (besides meeting the fans, listening to the Dire Fakes was important too)........ooohhh and of course buying all the CD's and the DVD's after I discovered him, I didn't spent much money until now!  ::)

BUT.................now the kids have their own job and I got the possibility to work 36 hour and with the concerts next year, I am sure I will spend a LOT of money in future! :P ;D  I hope except my country that we also can go to Edingburgh or London and meet fans again!

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

OfflineIan Lewis

• Camerado
    • Ian Lewis Photography
I couldn't possibly work it out.  But I am on my third iPod, and without a doubt I probably wouldn't have bothered with a portable music player if it wasn't for DS or MK.

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
Very interesting topic !!  probably in the ball park of over$1000.  Last summer concert, brand new PC which got sorted out after all the technical issues, 2 External hard drives, cd-r, dvd-r, label maker, cd inserts, color ink cartridges, all the official cds and dvds, one book, one magazine.  MK obseesion is priceless to me!!!  In the process I 've learned a lot about doing different things on the PC.  And don't forget all the wonderful people I've met in this forum !! 

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
I really don't want to know that  :o
It must be lots of thousands only last year. Think about 14 concerts, airfare, hotels, fuel (way too expensive!!) for over 6000 kilometer, food, tickets (including a blackmarketticket in Brussel because I lost mine, so 15 tix for 14 concerts).
No, I definately don't want to think about it  ::)

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
Simply put...NOT ENOUGH ;)
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 37 queries.