Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Silvertone 1452 "Hornet" Reissued  (Read 6191 times)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Silvertone 1452 "Hornet" Reissued
« on: February 04, 2009, 05:42:37 PM »
Danelectro have reissued the model 1452 "Hornet". MK plays an original 60s model ocassionally, most notably on Boom Like That but also on Stand Up Guy, Don't Crash the Ambulance and Rolling On. Mike Henderson also put one to good use on the 01 tour.

These were originally made by Danelectro under the Silvertone name.

The first thing to say is that they are not really "Dead On" copies of the original. Most notably the originals had Silvertone on the headstock, these ones say Danelectro.

Other than that, the tuners are plastic on the new ones but metal on the original. The bodyshape seems different to me but difficult to tell without comparing in person. The knobs are in a different place on the new one. The major thing putting me off the new one is the weird "half and half" pickguard. The originals either have a white pickguard (like MK's) or a red pearloid pickguard (like mine)

The new ones have a very strange looking half white pearloid/half white arrangement.

However, the positives are that it has an original style tremolo (although Mike Henderson has got rid of his and I think at least one of MK's has the trem disabled), lipstick pickups, and it comes in a range of very cool colours. The price of the originals has risen since MK started using them - I paid $525 for mine two years ago, but these will be going for $350 in the US anyway, so definitely cool guitars for not much money.  :)

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Silvertone 1452 "Hornet" Reissued
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 10:48:46 AM »
Danelectro is a very famous guitar trademark, it
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 35 queries.