Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: My seat numbers have arrived!  (Read 29195 times)

Offlinemarc96er

• Local Hero
Re: My seat numbers have arrived!
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2009, 12:17:44 AM »
Yes, it

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2009, 07:21:06 PM »
I have just wrapped up 3 Xmas presents for my wife, sister and her partner (I bought tickets for them to see MK next year).

I would have preferred it if I could have wrapped up the actual concert tickets instead of a cobbled together piece of paper with an acknowledgment from MK.com, details of the cost and the actual seat numbers. I just know i am going to have to do 3 lots of explaining regarding the whys and wherefores of collecting the tickets on the night of the gig.

Does anyone else wish they had them in their hands rather than knowing they haven't even been printed yet and having to take some ID and the exact credit/debit card used for the transaction along to the show? It kind of takes a shine off the whole thing for me.

I know if someone told me that they were going to take me to a concert to see a favourite artist of mine but that they had no tickets yet although they have been promised them and they assure me they will be there on the night of the show for collection I would be slightly apprehensive! I may even think he/she had bought them from Ebay and were meeting a tout somewhere to pick them up.

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2009, 12:25:44 AM »
Yes, Simon, I have trepidations about the current method of ticketing. You buy the tickets 8 months in advance -- what if something happens to you and you can't go? You have nothing to sell.  No way to give them to a friend or relative, unless you give them your credit card that you purchased the tickets with. Some places may take the tickets back, but it would be quite a hassle.

I don't think I would buy tickets in this manner for anyone but MK. Too much uncertainty. And I have heard that it doesn't really stop the scalpers anyway.
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2009, 03:39:42 PM »
And like you say - what if something happens to me - the tickets die with me - 4 empty seats! That is a crime in itself empty seats at an MK concert!

The law in this land would state that those tickets - whether I had them or not- were assets of mine and if i was to pop my clogs then they would form part of my estate yet no one could possibly redeem them.

After this year I think I will be making representations to MK.Com asking for a better method. There must be one surely!

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2009, 07:10:57 PM »
Simon, it's not just MK.com. Ticketmaster and other such services are using it all over. Perhaps we could persuade MK.com not to use it in the future, though.
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2009, 07:15:26 PM »
Ticketmaster allow you to print your own tickets or have them sent to you though - I am not aware that they have full concerts where all tickets have to be collected on the night - that would cause mayhem surely?

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2009, 05:12:31 PM »

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2010, 08:34:23 PM »
I just received mine for Paris show.

They are NOT first row  :'( but
  • They are not with correct order number
  • They are not under correct name
    • THEY ARE NOT MINE !!!!  ;D

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2010, 09:25:12 PM »
DS1984 !!!!

THEY ARE FIRST ROW IN THE MIDDLE  !!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHH THANK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 35 queries.