Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 606327 times)

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #270 on: August 09, 2009, 01:57:35 PM »
I checked it to know if it was someone from this forum who leaked it. But it is not, it is different size. The download is 71 mb and the streams were 35 mb. So it is leaked from another source.

But there is another person from Brazil who is saying that he listened to the album. And the answer from Guy is: you can redeem yourselves buy buying a legitimate copy of the album when it's released PLUS a copy for all your friends for that matter.

I would say BUY copies from your whole family!!

But the stupid thing is that by printing that person's post, Guy inadvertantly let everyone know which torrent site was hosting the illegal copy of "Get Lucky". Hopefully Paul Crockford has managed to get the torrent removed from the site by now.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 02:03:33 PM by FenderBender »
This baker's boy from the West Country

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #271 on: August 09, 2009, 02:25:37 PM »

But the stupid thing is that by printing that person's post, Guy inadvertantly let everyone know which torrent site was hosting the illegal copy of "Get Lucky". Hopefully Paul Crockford has managed to get the torrent removed from the site by now.

great new

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #272 on: August 09, 2009, 02:39:55 PM »
Sad news maybe. On the other hand, I remember buying the BLT single one week before the actual release, as it was available in the record store. The person behind the counter asked me if I wanted to buy the album SL as well. Due to this "mistake" I had an official copy of the album two weeks before the actual release... Anyway, sharing the album is illegal, before and after the release. ::)

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #273 on: August 09, 2009, 06:32:57 PM »
Wow, when the record company learns of something like that, they'll refuse to let the store carry any more of their products.     I think there is a legal issue too.   I had a discussion with a store manager when I thought that some book had been released and wanted to buy it.   I got the whole lecture, when all I needed was a "It won't be released until. . . . ."
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #274 on: August 09, 2009, 07:14:39 PM »
Hopefully Paul Crockford has managed to get the torrent removed from the site by now.

Where did you read that?
It was too good to be true.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #275 on: August 09, 2009, 09:15:26 PM »
Guy said in his forum that if PC could remove those files, torrent sites wouldn't exist. That answer was pretty clear...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:35:23 PM by goldenheart96 »

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #276 on: August 09, 2009, 09:20:28 PM »
Man, people in the MK fan base really aren't too bright. ::) I don't know what's worse- posting about the scanner in ear monitor recording you made of a MK concert on the official MK message board, or letting the producer of a new MK album know that you obtained a free copy of the album a month in advance and quite enjoy it.

Seriously.  ::) It's borderline comical, but the whole thing is not even funny.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #277 on: August 09, 2009, 09:36:41 PM »
Word. And I don't even dare to imagine how pissed and upset MK must be now  :'(

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #278 on: August 09, 2009, 09:44:12 PM »
Hopefully Paul Crockford has managed to get the torrent removed from the site by now.

Where did you read that?
It was too good to be true.

Guy said in his forum that if PC could remove those files, torrent sites wouldn't exist. That answer was pretty clear...

I didn't read it anywhere. I was merely expressing my personal hope that Paul Crockford would have taken any action available to him to have the "Get Lucky" files removed from the torrent site. I know that some of the more reputable file sharing sites have a facility where illegal content can be reported and the webmasters will remove the content from the site. Unfortunately I don't think the site involved is any respecter of legality or copyright ownership.

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
« Reply #279 on: August 09, 2009, 09:47:09 PM »
It's quite upsetting to think how pissed off Mark must be. :(
I wonder if he's taking it in his stride, or if he's just keeping quiet about it, or if he's raging mad.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the Knopfler household.

Cheers   BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #280 on: August 09, 2009, 09:50:30 PM »
Man, people in the MK fan base really aren't too bright. ::) I don't know what's worse- posting about the scanner in ear monitor recording you made of a MK concert on the official MK message board, or letting the producer of a new MK album know that you obtained a free copy of the album a month in advance and quite enjoy it.

Seriously.  ::) It's borderline comical, but the whole thing is not even funny.

And even more ridiculous, the producer then posted on his website the name of the site where the illegal download could be obtained - so it's not just the fan base that ain't too bright!!
(Fortunately I see that the producer has now rectified his mistake).

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #281 on: August 09, 2009, 09:51:42 PM »
Yeah, no chance of this getting removed. I'm surprised that everyone is so shocked at this, exactly the same thing happened with KTGC, and it happens with pretty much every new album release. Once it's out there, it's out there. Not just journalists, cleaners at the record company, people who work at the CD factory etc etc, it could be anybody. MK will have been well aware that this would happen.

It's probably not such a problem for MK, his fans are mostly older, not so computer friendly, and used to paying for CDs. But a lot of kids these days have an iPod full of music and they have never paid for it.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #282 on: August 09, 2009, 10:21:09 PM »
It's just the other side of internet: it's hard to see all possible problems which are caused in future by designing something new. Without internet, we were not able to listen to one single song of the new record. I heard a few songs online and the first thing I did was ordering the deluxe edition.

I wonder how many CD's have NOT leaked on the internet before release...

Love Expresso

« Reply #283 on: August 09, 2009, 10:22:08 PM »
Without sounding sarcastic, but an album that is not showing up before release date in some torrents or filesharer-sites seems to be totally out of fashion these days...
I mean, it

Offlinetobi777

• Local Hero
« Reply #284 on: August 09, 2009, 10:27:33 PM »
it's the same story over and over again. Sadly it is rather common that records emerge on torrent sites, rapidshare etc. even before the official release. But why do we waste our time raging about it? Fans like we are will buy the album - maybe even several copies of it. Parasites will carry on downloading even without having a guilty conscience about it. So there's nothing we can do about it. Some comments about this topic read as if the writers never expected such things to happen - a bit naive in my opinion. I'm very sorry for Mark and Guy and all the people involved in this record but such is life.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 37 queries.