Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel  (Read 119165 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel
« Reply #510 on: August 27, 2023, 05:20:28 PM »
Jealousy, pure and simple.

Rise above it.

Hey Dusty, of course, I'm above it. But I think I did the right thing to raise some awareness. I know it would be cool to not respond, but people I know in person were offended, and the legitimacy of Mark's page was questioned, so I had to respond. I think I'm going to stop any further promotion on Mark's side as it could lead to a revolution.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #511 on: August 27, 2023, 05:32:10 PM »
You did the good thing to respond
it makes things clear for all your followers

but now, as Jbaent and Dusty said, don't waste no more time with these two poor people, they don't deserve that you have to care about their miserable attitude.
And in the end, Mark himself, and his real fans, knows that you're doing a great job for several years. That's the most important.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #512 on: August 27, 2023, 11:27:00 PM »
Kfiro wrote an apology. I take my words back.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #513 on: August 28, 2023, 03:59:30 AM »
The message:

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #514 on: August 28, 2023, 11:50:58 AM »
You knew you were right from the start so the fact he recognised to be wrong is good.

But if that wouldn't had happened you would be right anyway so keep doing your good work and ignore those people!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #515 on: August 28, 2023, 05:20:56 PM »
You knew you were right from the start so the fact he recognised to be wrong is good.

But if that wouldn't had happened you would be right anyway so keep doing your good work and ignore those people!

Thank you jbaent! I received an interesting message from a guy. He said that even if a work of somebody like me being mentioned by Mark Knopfler evokes so much negativity, if anything, it makes him NOT want to share their music online, as sensitive people are easily offended by harsh critics like this. I agree and don't think it was a good idea to share my work in this way, as too many groups of people are getting offended at the same.

It's just the nature of the world where we are living, and people are getting offended even by a 30yo song mentioning the word "f****t".

hunter

« Reply #516 on: August 29, 2023, 11:10:38 AM »
How is it even possible for someone to be that suspicious and/or jealous? What's wrong with people?!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #517 on: August 29, 2023, 02:30:53 PM »
How is it even possible for someone to be that suspicious and/or jealous? What's wrong with people?!

It's only the tip of the iceberg, man. The guy got a million messages from real people but waited for Mark Knopfler’s manager to interfere, and only then changed his mind and released an apology. What kind of behaviour is that? With an ego like this, I'm surprised he won't wait until Mark himself would call him or kiss his ass.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #518 on: September 19, 2023, 04:05:36 PM »

Telegraph Road: 2nd Solo on a Squier Mini Strat + Mustang Micro Amp. This solo reminds me of the iconic “What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong, the rhythm guitar part. Listen closely and you’ll know what I mean. Similar arpeggiated chords, similar vibe, and similar greatness. In this solo, the solo itself isn’t the hardest thing, but what’s played underneath it. I spent most of the time recording different versions of the backing track and picking the right chords, not playing the solo. But it also has some hard bits, like this bend leading to the second part — Mark played it perfectly, I can’t do it. You need a guitar with more sustain in order to do that, but still, I squeezed the most I could out of my travel guitar. Enjoy!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #519 on: September 29, 2023, 05:56:05 PM »
New songbook entry: "Beachcombing" from All The Roadrunning album. A great little song with some fine vocal harmonies. I go through the rhythm guitar and also discuss individual harmonies from Mark and Emmylou, I also transcribed and wrote down each vocal line so it's easy to learn. Try it! And I'm using a new setup — thanks to the new MacOS Sonoma, now I can stream with just one camera and adjust the angle on the fly. Good stuff. I'll upload a tablature video for the song on my Patreon, I already have some exclusives there. Consider joining, or you can buy me a coffee — it really helps me continue to work on these songs. Thanks! Pavel.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #520 on: October 18, 2023, 01:46:59 PM »

This is a very, very challenging set of solos. As usual with MK, the difficulty comes not in the form of notes but in what’s between them. In this performance, Mark masterfully nailed all the nuances and even got lucky with happy accidentals like picking hand pinch harmonics and left-hand natural harmonics, slides, hammer-ons and pull-offs. And sang it too!

So many little details, that it’s impossible to list them all, let alone recreate them. Let’s not take for granted how lucky we are to have songs and performances like this. The tone is also to dream about, and people who requested me to cover this particular performance say it’s one of the greatest Les Paul tones they ever heard, and I agree.

The elephant in the room is Mark’s so-called “mistake” towards the end of the song, where he played a rather awkward open E-string and pull-off to the 13th fret of the 2nd string which is indeed out of the E chord. But it sounds so good. All mistakes are intentional — as Chet Atkins used to say. And I’m glad I added a few greenies of my own.

And yes, this version is more difficult than the 1992 On The Night version, which I also transcribed.

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #521 on: October 18, 2023, 03:40:40 PM »
Great one! Superb playing, I know this version, I know I do (I remember the "mistake" at the end) but I can't seem to place it. What version was it, that you played here?

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #522 on: October 18, 2023, 04:12:33 PM »
Great one! Superb playing, I know this version, I know I do (I remember the "mistake" at the end) but I can't seem to place it. What version was it, that you played here?

This is the version! I hope I understood your question correctly.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #523 on: October 18, 2023, 06:46:18 PM »
New songbook entry: "Beachcombing" from All The Roadrunning album. A great little song with some fine vocal harmonies. I go through the rhythm guitar and also discuss individual harmonies from Mark and Emmylou, I also transcribed and wrote down each vocal line so it's easy to learn. Try it! And I'm using a new setup — thanks to the new MacOS Sonoma, now I can stream with just one camera and adjust the angle on the fly. Good stuff. I'll upload a tablature video for the song on my Patreon, I already have some exclusives there. Consider joining, or you can buy me a coffee — it really helps me continue to work on these songs. Thanks! Pavel.

Wow. This is one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite MK records and it sounds so weird that naked. If I would had heard that chords without you giving the reference of the title I would had spent quite some minutes to identify the song

It's amazing what the arrangements of others instruments can add to a song that maybe when MK showed it to the musicians sounded quite different to what ended sounding.

Great work, as usual.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #524 on: October 19, 2023, 01:39:48 AM »

Wow. This is one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite MK records and it sounds so weird that naked. If I would had heard that chords without you giving the reference of the title I would had spent quite some minutes to identify the song

It's amazing what the arrangements of others instruments can add to a song that maybe when MK showed it to the musicians sounded quite different to what ended sounding.

Great work, as usual.

Thank you! If I played it on acoustic, you'd probably have more chances of recognising the tune. The arrangement is indeed fantastic, one of my favourites too.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 41 queries.