Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album release autumn  (Read 272055 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: New album release autumn
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2018, 10:23:48 AM »
This was MK today: https://twitter.com/scottybullough/status/1008716845694832641?s=21

Shooting for a new documentary with Brian Johnson for Sky Arts

https://twitter.com/scottofshields/status/1008812374353117186?s=21

Oh my freaking God. This riff is cringy enough to play alone in your bedroom, but in front of Mark??? I will never understand all those people.

"The twiddly bits" line was hilarious though :lol :lol :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2018, 10:54:36 AM »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2018, 11:03:11 AM »
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2018, 11:15:25 AM »
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2018, 12:24:58 PM »
This was MK today: https://twitter.com/scottybullough/status/1008716845694832641?s=21

Oh my freaking God. This riff is cringy enough to play alone in your bedroom, but in front of Mark??? I will never understand all those people.

Well, he's a kid and I think they both liked it too see young people playing music! To speak for myself, if I was playing and I saw these too standing I probably would've fainted and drop my guitar....
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2018, 03:33:35 PM »

Well, he's a kid and I think they both liked it too see young people playing music! To speak for myself, if I was playing and I saw these too standing I probably would've fainted and drop my guitar....

Yeah, especially Mark, who lived to 68 years, playing music and writing hundreds of songs in career spanning four decades only to watch a kid playing the "twiddly bits" from Sultans.

MK is just being extremely polite as always, I'm pretty sure that the amount of "oh no" factor is unbelievable inside him. To me it's worse than photos of people holding a leaning tower in Pisa.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2018, 04:35:50 PM »
I might be wrong but for a songwriter like Mark it doesn't matter the song or if it's well played or not, coming across a kid who was born way after DS's last concert and knows his music must be a good feeling.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2018, 04:47:50 PM »
I might be wrong but for a songwriter like Mark it doesn't matter the song or if it's well played or not, coming across a kid who was born way after DS's last concert and knows his music must be a good feeling.

:thumbsup
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2018, 05:22:40 PM »

You say it as if Mark is a rising star who just started playing lol. Of course he have seen people from 0 to 100 playing his music, it's just that I don't understand the guy and his choice of song. Sultans? Come on...

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2018, 05:31:57 PM »

You say it as if Mark is a rising star who just started playing lol. Of course he have seen people from 0 to 100 playing his music, it's just that I don't understand the guy and his choice of song. Sultans? Come on...

Probably the only one he kinda plays.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2018, 05:51:52 PM »

I would say his signature song and one his most famous riffs, along with MFN.  Even Mark has given a name to it!  I wouldn't say any of his solo work has a famous riff or even recognisable part he could play.  Ease up a bit! :)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2018, 06:08:41 PM »
I dare say that kid's parents are probably younger than Sultans...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2018, 06:12:52 PM »

I would say his signature song and one his most famous riffs, along with MFN.  Even Mark has given a name to it!  I wouldn't say any of his solo work has a famous riff or even recognisable part he could play.  Ease up a bit! :)

I can't ease up when it comes to SOS, I'm sorry :lol

All this doesn't justify the banality of playing signature songs in front of the artists themselves.

If I were the artist, I'd smash the guitar against the head of the genius who thought that it would be nice to play it for me.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2018, 06:19:19 PM »

All this doesn't justify the banality of playing signature songs in front of the artists themselves.

If I were the artist, I'd smash the guitar against the head of the genius who thought that it would be nice to play it for me.

You must be a pleasant person to be around then.... It’s a kid....
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2018, 06:21:16 PM »

I'd give the kid a guitar:)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 39 queries.