Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: waters/Gilmour reunion again ?  (Read 1292 times)

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
Re: waters/Gilmour reunion again ?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2024, 08:31:58 PM »
NEVER EVER. there was too much "anti-semite" " useless wannabe-writer wife of rockstar" insults going back and forth, in public. this will NEVER happen.
and still they need to somehow still meet and agree on things, because of the thing that is Pink Floyd ltd.
Agreed.
I am puzzled that people are always so prompt to bash Water's excessive statements, and don't say a thing about Gilmour's wife, whom in one single tweet was way more excessive than all the statements from Waters from the last 60 years combined.
Say whatever about Waters, yes he has been a dick, but he evolves. He admitted his wrongdoings, tried to make peace, said very nice things about Gilmour at times. Even at the peak of the feud in the 80s and 90s, he was ackwnoledging Gilmour's exceptionnal guitar skills and great contributions to the Floyd albums. He is a very frank and intellectally honest person... I love Gilmour too, but it seems to me that he never wanted to move on. His wife went beyond reason, and he backed her.... Very sad.
Wow, I completely disagree.
Roger has been the one that has consistently provoked DG over the years, he is the one who never managed to move on past PF. And I will not even got into his clearly racist/anti semite comments against jews and Israeli citizens in general. Roger is the kind of person who thrives on fighting and getting into arguments with everyone, it gives him energy to keep going. From DG himself, I've never heard a bad word about Roger until the moment he resumed the fighting over the Pink Floyd website/social media, whatever it was.
I used to like RW but I've completely lost respect for him over the years. And his solo album from 2017 is some of the biggest pile of donkey crap I've ever listened to. A far cry from Amused to Death or even Pro's and Con's

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2024, 08:41:38 PM »
I'm very bore of Waters. I saw him live twice, and the second one I already decided it would be the last.

His attitude is too excessive about anything.

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2024, 08:44:56 PM »
also, saying "imagine waking up to that every morning"
not really a nice statement either, that is basically body shaming.

If I have to imagine to wake up to Waters or Polly... First would be like waking up in a nightmare and second would be waking up peacefully.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2024, 08:47:18 PM »
I'm very bore of Waters. I saw him live twice, and the second one I already decided it would be the last.

His attitude is too excessive about anything.

Plus he mimes!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2024, 08:48:54 PM »
NEVER EVER. there was too much "anti-semite" " useless wannabe-writer wife of rockstar" insults going back and forth, in public. this will NEVER happen.
and still they need to somehow still meet and agree on things, because of the thing that is Pink Floyd ltd.
I love Gilmour too, but it seems to me that he never wanted to move on.
Humm... who decided to go on a ridiculous megalomaniac trip and re-record Dark Side Of The Moon, largely removing David's and Rick's contributions while adding his terrible vocals on every song?

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2024, 08:53:04 PM »
À very interesting and balanced viewpoint from a Jew:

https://mizrachi.org/uncategorized/roger-waters-anti-semite-sort/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 08:59:03 PM by herlock »

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2024, 08:53:45 PM »
I love Gilmour too, but it seems to me that he never wanted to move on.
Humm... who decided to go on a ridiculous megalomaniac trip and re-record Dark Side Of The Moon, largely removing David's and Rick's contributions while adding his terrible vocals on every song?
This, I have to agree. Terrible result and intent.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2024, 08:56:51 PM »
This is the only thing I want to remember from their past relationship.
Listen to Water's words, and tell me that man doesn't have a heart...

https://youtu.be/3uPC7pmew3U?si=3Lz8KhSYTIthkzHM

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2024, 08:57:05 PM »
Avery intersting and balanced viewpoint from a Jew:

Watch the video Pottel shared. There's plenty of evidence there, even from people who love him.
Unless you've already convinced yourself he is not an anti-semite, in that case there's no point in commenting further.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2024, 09:07:29 PM »
Avery intersting and balanced viewpoint from a Jew:

Watch the video Pottel shared. There's plenty of evidence there, even from people who love him.
Unless you've already convinced yourself he is not an anti-semite, in that case there's no point in commenting further.
This is what Roger himself said about it. And while I disagree with most of Roger's views, I'll give him that he is not an hypocrite. This public statement makes it clear the the is not an antisemite.

"Truth is, I’m frequently mouthy and prone to irreverence, I can’t recall what I said 13 or more years ago. I’ve worked closely for many years with many Jewish people, musicians and others.  If I have upset the two individuals who appear in the film I’m sorry for that. But I can say with certainty that I am not, and have never been, an antisemite – as anyone who really knows me will testify. I know the Jewish people to be a diverse, interesting, and complicated bunch, just like the rest of humanity. Many are allies in the fight for equality and justice, in Israel, Palestine and around the world.

The film totally distorts and misrepresents my views about the Israeli state and its political ideology, Zionism. It relies on a definition of antisemitism that sees criticising Israel as inherently antisemitic and assumes that Zionism is an essential element in Jewish identity. These opinions, clearly shared by the presenter and the two interviewees, are widely contested by many, including many Jewish people."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2024, 09:30:51 PM »
my last two cents here, if there is anyone that really has known the highs and lows of RW, then surely it must be DG.
so i assume it was not so much Polly speaking as her being the speaker for DG....?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2024, 09:36:45 PM »
my last two cents here, if there is anyone that really has known the highs and lows of RW, then surely it must be DG.
so i assume it was not so much Polly speaking as her being the speaker for DG....?
Yes. Which heavily disappoints me from him. So many words of hatred. I was not used to that until that point...

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2024, 09:04:55 AM »
my first aim was not to start a polemic  ;D

I just wanted to know if someone else saw this picture I saw some days ago. It seems it was fake...

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2024, 09:31:27 AM »
my first aim was not to start a polemic  ;D

I just wanted to know if someone else saw this picture I saw some days ago. It seems it was fake...
Talking about Waters and Gilmour without polemic is... well... to say the least, a difficult exercise 🤣

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2024, 10:29:33 AM »
À very interesting and balanced viewpoint from a Jew:

I think when you are a huge fan of someone it is easy to wring your hands and tie yourself in knots defending them.

I see plenty of people claiming that Clapton was not a racist despite him admitting it himself.

Fans of Bowie and Jimmy Page brush off the fact that they were paedophiles by saying that everyone was in the rock world of the 70s.

As a big fan of Jerry Lee Lewis I have good arguments defending his marriage to a 13 year old...

And as a huge fan of
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 35 queries.