Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: September 25th, First MK Warm Up Gig, Tower Bridge Bussiness Complex, London  (Read 26440 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Re: September 25th, First MK Warm Up Gig, Tower Bridge Bussiness Complex, London
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2012, 04:52:47 PM »
guy's update :
http://www.guyfletcher.co.uk/index.php/2012dylan/Secret_shows!_Sept_25th_and_26th_2012

hey !!  did anyone else notice that Mark has a pedal board ? First time I see it
seems a bit ilke the one he had during On location tour : just footswitches to command rack effects ?
very interesting...

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
Re: September 25th, First MK Warm Up Gig, Tower Bridge Bussiness Complex, London
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2012, 05:06:31 PM »
guy's update :
http://www.guyfletcher.co.uk/index.php/2012dylan/Secret_shows!_Sept_25th_and_26th_2012

hey !!  did anyone else notice that Mark has a pedal board ? First time I see it
seems a bit ilke the one he had during On location tour : just footswitches to command rack effects ?
very interesting...

Yes I noticed the pedal board ! maybe some songs need special settings and a special sound.
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2012, 05:11:08 PM »
According to localhero.org (mark on tour) I used to could was played before Sonny Liston
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2012, 05:36:02 PM »
According to localhero.org (mark on tour) I used to could was played before Sonny Liston

According to MKNews too :
LONDON SHOWCASES: Mark played two showcases in London on the 25th and 26th September. The first for lucky winners of a variety of competitions run in various non-UK countries by local labels and promoters and the second in conjunction with amazon UK.

Set list, 25th: What It Is/Corned Beef City/Yon Two Crows/Privateering/Redbud Tree/I Used To Could/Song for Sonny Liston/Daddy's Gone To Knoxville/Hill Farmer's Blues/Haul Away/Marbletown/Miss You Blues/So Far Away

(updated: 27/09/12)
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2012, 05:39:43 PM »
Oh great, 7 new songs!!!! and at least one from cd2

;D

Pottel, you may be right with the recording... You
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineThe Privateer

• Guitar George
  • "You watch me and I'll watch thee, I can still work for two men and drink for three"
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2012, 06:04:55 PM »
Update from 27/09/12...?!
wow... at MKnews they're way ahead in time...!!! ;)
"This is my investigation - It's not a public inquiry"

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2012, 06:07:23 PM »
If he plays a similar kind of set-list on the BD Tour, Dylan will have to pull out all the stops with his new album!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2012, 06:14:40 PM »

According to MKNews too :
LONDON SHOWCASES: Mark played two showcases in London on the 25th and 26th September. The first for lucky winners of a variety of competitions run in various non-UK countries by local labels and promoters and the second in conjunction with amazon UK.

Set list, 25th: What It Is/Corned Beef City/Yon Two Crows/Privateering/Redbud Tree/I Used To Could/Song for Sonny Liston/Daddy's Gone To Knoxville/Hill Farmer's Blues/Haul Away/Marbletown/Miss You Blues/So Far Away

(updated: 27/09/12)

NICE!

But I couldn't find this on MKNews!? ???

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2012, 06:14:59 PM »
guy's update :

very interesting...

Yes I noticed the pedal board ! maybe some songs need special settings and a special sound.

yes of course each song has a special setup, but during previous tours, Glenn Saggers switched the presets (even for the delay at the end of SOS, as we can see on a Guy's video on GL bonus) ; but if Mark has a pedalboard, it could mean that he needs to switch HIMSELF from different sounds, that means during a song, for a special part. regarding the setlist, I can't see on which song he would need to change sound.
last time he had to do such a thing, it was in 2005 with the hotcake for solo in Boom like that.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2012, 06:17:27 PM »
Maybe why MK has the pedal board is more simple...

They were playing a gig at their rehearsal room, not at any stage, so probably there was no chance of Glenn switching the pedals anywhere, and MK had to do it by himself.

I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2012, 04:24:09 AM »
Belgian review of the concert! He was there, second row, about 3 meters from MK!
He says that one of the flutists plays drums in a song and that the drummer plays washboard!
What's this?

I think this is not the most reliable review because he also says MK plays 15 songs of Privateering, goes off, comes back and plays SFA.

After the review they play Gator Blood!

Love Expresso

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2012, 11:22:05 AM »
Well, Belgians....  ;D

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2012, 05:52:05 PM »
Well, Belgians....  ;D

LE
careful young man, this CAN cost you a 2 month ban...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Love Expresso

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2012, 06:48:05 PM »
Belgians are the biggest and nicest fans of MK of course! And so good looking! They have always nice avatars, too !That's what I wanted to say....  ;D

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 43 queries.