Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New for 2024  (Read 63049 times)

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer
Re: New for 2023
« Reply #495 on: October 25, 2023, 10:30:16 PM »

Offlinejf9081

• Camerado
« Reply #496 on: October 25, 2023, 10:56:35 PM »
 :o Almost 30 songs already ready, plus others recorded in recent days... at least now we know more about the photos, they are for an MK album... but for which one? the one ready or for a second??

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #497 on: October 25, 2023, 11:02:51 PM »
I think it will be a double album :clap
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #498 on: October 26, 2023, 07:55:30 AM »
:o Almost 30 songs already ready, plus others recorded in recent days... at least now we know more about the photos, they are for an MK album... but for which one? the one ready or for a second??

I recall reading that for one of the previous records (Privatering or Tracker???) they recorded around 50 songs... And betwen the record and bonus, maybe betwen 20-25 songs see the light of day...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #499 on: October 26, 2023, 08:37:50 AM »
If Tom Walsh and Graeme Blevins only joined them at the pub, but they didn't recorded, there is a big chance that they (the rest of the band) could had been recorded the songs for the Local Hero Musical cd, as the band members would fit with the instruments of all those songs, and that would explain why Guy can say anything about it.

But at the same time, from Richard's post, I understand that they recorded new MK songs, so maybe they are already recording a new record, and as far as the previous one is not released yet Guy can say a thing, because I don't see any problem in saying those new songs are to be considered for the "already" mixed and mastered record, with records like GH or STP we've been told that MK wanted to record new songs for the record without problem.

Offlinejf9081

• Camerado
« Reply #500 on: October 26, 2023, 09:21:27 AM »
If Tom Walsh and Graeme Blevins only joined them at the pub, but they didn't recorded, there is a big chance that they (the rest of the band) could had been recorded the songs for the Local Hero Musical cd, as the band members would fit with the instruments of all those songs, and that would explain why Guy can say anything about it.

But at the same time, from Richard's post, I understand that they recorded new MK songs, so maybe they are already recording a new record, and as far as the previous one is not released yet Guy can say a thing, because I don't see any problem in saying those new songs are to be considered for the "already" mixed and mastered record, with records like GH or STP we've been told that MK wanted to record new songs for the record without problem.

I share! too secret...,why hide that they are still recording for the current album...

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #501 on: October 26, 2023, 12:26:12 PM »

I understood Richard's words differently. For me it was another session for this album, which is mixed and remastered. There will definitely be a bonus disc.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 12:29:10 PM by Robson »
Clear as the day

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #502 on: October 26, 2023, 12:49:03 PM »

I understood Richard's words differently. For me it was another session for this album, which is mixed and remastered. There will definitely be a bonus disc.

With 30 songs already recorded, plus the ones recorded now, there could be two or three bonus discs!!!!

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #503 on: October 26, 2023, 12:56:24 PM »

With 30 songs already recorded, plus the ones recorded now, there could be two or three bonus discs!!!!

We don't know how many songs will be on the album. If there is a double album, it may contain up to 25 songs and an additional CD.
Clear as the day

OfflineMarnix

• Camerado
« Reply #504 on: October 26, 2023, 12:59:25 PM »
I am really curious how many songs are recorded all these years which never ended up to an album and are stored in the vaults and will never see the light of day

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #505 on: October 26, 2023, 01:20:26 PM »
I am really curious how many songs are recorded all these years which never ended up to an album and are stored in the vaults and will never see the light of day

That are good enough, very likely for a double cd.

All of them, a really nice box of a lot of cds!

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #506 on: October 26, 2023, 10:04:02 PM »

We will take what we can get. The more the merrier!  ;)
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #507 on: October 27, 2023, 09:18:30 AM »

I think easily 100+ songs since the Golden Heart sessions, and maybe that’s even a modest guess.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #508 on: October 27, 2023, 09:37:20 AM »

I think easily 100+ songs since the Golden Heart sessions, and maybe that’s even a modest guess.

Yes, I think Mark has enough songs for a few posthumous releases of original material. That's an argument against the "Mark is an average songwriter" paradigm.

No, Mark is a genius songwriting machine, and the only reason he's so successful is because he always had enough songs to record since day 1. You take any other band, and usually, there's a struggle to assemble enough original material for albums. Even The Beatles recorded covers to fill the album until A Hard Day's Night.

With that said, I think some of these songs are "nomad songs", that appear in the subsequent albums, but I don't think it happens that often.

Offlinebinone

• Lady writer
« Reply #509 on: October 28, 2023, 12:32:22 PM »
Stop guessing. The real truth is out there. Mark Knopfler is an extraterrestrial.

Someone had to reveal it.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 35 queries.