Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #06 DTRW TOUR - May 03 2019 - Coliseum da Coruña, Coruna, Spain #SPOILER#  (Read 45646 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
yep, nice to meet up again after so many years Julio...

If it turns out they really drop TR etc, start cutting down the set, and instead want to sing about their ---- bacon, scrambled eggs and a poor opener on top of it, then I am suddenly not as excited as I have been since October. May this be due to the late start with the TR dropped.... >:( :thumbsdown

In Lisbon they started at 9:10 p.m. or something, with the concert ending basically at night, not the best experience if you ask me.

To me the concert starting as late as 22 translates into cancelled show, so I guess say thanks they played what whey've played.

Why on Earth you need to start shows this late I have no idea. I always thought 7:00 p.m. is the way to go, but apparently no.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
yep, nice to meet up again after so many years Julio...

If it turns out they really drop TR etc, start cutting down the set, and instead want to sing about their ---- bacon, scrambled eggs and a poor opener on top of it, then I am suddenly not as excited as I have been since October. May this be due to the late start with the TR dropped.... >:( :thumbsdown

In Lisbon they started at 9:10 a.m. or something, with the concert ending basically at night, not the best experience if you ask me.

To me the concert starting as late as 22 translates into cancelled show, so I guess say thanks they played what whey've played.

Why on Earth you need to start shows this late I have no idea. I always thought 7:00 p.m. is the way to go, but apparently no.

Exactly.  Start the show at 22:00 here and by the time it ends there's no public transport to get home.  I'm struggling as it is with a start time of 20:00.  This is just madness!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
Antwerp starts at 20:00  :o

Offlineenrkaton82

• Guitar George
It is logical to bring back the discussion about the return of "Why aye man" ? :P
And we have just one world...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
It is logical to bring back the discussion about the return of "Why aye man" ? :P

Why aye what? :lol

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Oh dear, I'm just catching up with the forum and I must say what a shite set tonight!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Oh dear, I'm just catching up with the forum and I must say what a shite set tonight!

I wonder what Mark thinks about this. Probably doesn't care as always :lol
Okay, enough with trolling the old man. But people paid real money, so...
You go to one show and get 18 songs, you go to another and get 15.

It's once-in-a-lifetime, never-to-be-repeated MK Lottery!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

I wonder what Mark thinks about this. Probably doesn't care as always :lol
Okay, enough with trolling the old man. But people paid real money, so...
You go to one show and get 18 songs, you go to another and get 15.

It's once-in-a-lifetime, never-to-be-repeated MK Lottery!

Precisely people are paying good money to hear good music, but to cut down the set and not put other songs in seems ridiculous....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
I went too malaga in 2013 and pretty sure that was a 10pm start , but was near the very end of the tour, but sure it was one of my favourite ones from 2013 playing wise

but don't worry normally after we have a bad setlist mark normally surprises the next concert with something new or very different 
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I'd say Once Upon A Time In The West would make me forgive anything, what an addition and what a refreshing sound...
Every new song thrown in the setlist is like a 2L bottle of cold water for a man wandering alone in the desert for a day :clap

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
I'd say Once Upon A Time In The West would make me forgive anything, what an addition and what a refreshing sound...
Every new song thrown in the setlist is like a 2L bottle of cold water for a man wandering alone in the desert for a day :clap

I can't agree more.... brilliant
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineFletch

• Romeo

OMG Yes! Another brilliant version here.
I love love love hearing the enthusiasm of the crowd when the 'Alchemy' flutes kick in. Thank you so much , uploaders :)
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
Every new song thrown in the setlist is like a 2L bottle of cold water for a man wandering alone in the desert for a day :

I had the same feeling when I heard Water of love during the Golden heart tour in 1996, especially the Vaison la romaine version, man, the sound of the Gibson, the bass playing the tempo, everything it was a solid version, I love the new arrangements of Once upon a time in the west.
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Onlinermarques821

• Lady writer
I went too malaga in 2013 and pretty sure that was a 10pm start , but was near the very end of the tour, but sure it was one of my favourite ones from 2013 playing wise

but don't worry normally after we have a bad setlist mark normally surprises the next concert with something new or very different
Málaga 2013 is also one of my favourite concerts ever

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

hunter

Starting at 10PM is very unfortunate, at least for those fans who don't have a stretched limo waiting outside to take them to their private jet. On a serious note, obviously they must have had a good reason. That said, dropping a fan favorite like TR is pretty dramatic, so why couldn't they have skipped two shorter songs to make room for TR? Or, if he had to skip TR, drop one short song and add another special treat? A shorter setlist could still be made into a killer setlist. Just dropping songs like that, and particularly ones like TR, is not the way to go.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 41 queries.