Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New for 2024  (Read 63683 times)

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
Re: New for 2023
« Reply #240 on: August 04, 2023, 04:03:42 PM »
It has been almost 5 years since the last MK album. How many more albums do you think we wil have from MK.  He is not fast with this one..

I think Mark records more songs than is needed for an album so in case of emergency, a new album can be made in a matter of days.

This album took a while, but knowing ALL the S*&$% that happened in the world and his personal life, I'm actually surprised he's that fast.

Exactly!

He wasn't just working on a new solo album. The Teenage Cancer Trust also needed time and commitment.

And he also got involved in the Chichester run of Local hero musical. He wrote one new song and rewrote two songs specifically for this run.

Yes. Local Hero musical too.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #241 on: August 04, 2023, 04:11:52 PM »
This album took a while, but knowing ALL the S*&$% that happened in the world and his personal life, I'm actually surprised he's that fast.

Did anything bad happen in his personal life? What did I miss?

Well, from at least what's known to the public, his mother died slightly before the release of DTRW, and then his elder sister died in 2020. Then COVID came, which affected everybody's personal life, and then the biggest war in Europe after WWII started. If it's not enough S*&$%, then let's wait for anything else to happen!

It's too much...
Clear as the day

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #242 on: August 04, 2023, 04:51:20 PM »
And he was with Brian Johnson working for this new series. Mark is quite a busy guy.
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #243 on: August 04, 2023, 05:44:01 PM »
Vinyl production time is 6 months at the fastest after the record is delivered according to Guy today....

sooo...

If Mark's new record is still to be mastered, it hasn't been delivered to the production company... + 6 months..

A 2023 release seems impossible then
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #244 on: August 04, 2023, 07:11:52 PM »
Maybe not the album, but if we are lucky, diary entry 4 will still happen in 2023
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 07:19:42 PM by skydiver »

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #245 on: August 04, 2023, 07:35:48 PM »
Maybe not the album, but if we are lucky, diary entry 4 will still happen in 2023

You can prebook slots(at a premium) so the 6 month wait can be bypassed.
I'd say it is highly unlikely this has been done by management so it's more than probable that Spring 24 is the earliest we can expect a release.
The really sad thing is that when our man has departed we will probably see speedy cash grabs/releases so it's best we accept the glacial pace of new stuff.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #246 on: August 04, 2023, 09:30:19 PM »
BIA was a spring release  ;)
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #247 on: August 04, 2023, 09:58:37 PM »
Tracker in early spring :)
Clear as the day

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #248 on: August 05, 2023, 01:47:46 AM »
This whole secrecy bullshine is very immature. Illusions of past grandeurs I’m afraid. Few people outside of this MK community give a damn about a new MK record. I don’t get it. Just say what’s happening. If it was a new DS record then I might get it, even these days most people wouldn’t care. That ship has sailed.

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #249 on: August 05, 2023, 11:13:43 AM »
I so agree, this strategy makes absolutely no sense and only makes people annoyed. I know about the musical, the charity, it is worth the wait and so on, we have written about this a hundred times and I don't disagree about that, but from a marketing point of view... No sense at all.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #250 on: August 05, 2023, 11:46:18 AM »
We all know that if there was a tour,  album would have been released a long time ago.
Clear as the day

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #251 on: August 05, 2023, 02:14:50 PM »
I don't think touring or not touring has any relevance with the lack of hurry releasing the record. It's just that there is not a big market waiting anxiously for a new MK record and the record company doesn't care if it goes out later this year, earliest the next or spring 24. There is no hurry as it's going to sell the same wherever they release it.

Whe there was touring he always started on April it didn't matter of the record came out September or november the year before or march or April the next close to the start of the tour.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejf9081

• Camerado
« Reply #252 on: August 05, 2023, 02:53:45 PM »
My thoughts on the timing of mastering, printing etc... I compared the same period August 2018 of DTRW. well on 9th August I read that Guy replied that he had listened to the acetates as soon as they came out of the mastering. I also remember that he had posted a photo on instagram of the vinyl he was listening to. So, as a timing I think they are equal. I still hope for a release in November.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #253 on: August 05, 2023, 03:10:23 PM »
I don't think touring or not touring has any relevance with the lack of hurry releasing the record. It's just that there is not a big market waiting anxiously for a new MK record and the record company doesn't care if it goes out later this year, earliest the next or spring 24. There is no hurry as it's going to sell the same wherever they release it.

Whe there was touring he always started on April it didn't matter of the record came out September or november the year before or march or April the next close to the start of the tour.

Tour has always been associated with the new album. Deadlines, time. It was important. Now is different.
Clear as the day

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #254 on: August 05, 2023, 03:22:03 PM »

Tour has always been associated with the new album. Deadlines, time. It was important. Now is different.

Touring always started in April or May, and records had been out generally September the year before, others in November, or even March or April of the same year of the tour.

The tour never changed their dates by delaying of the release date of a record. And they always left a window of time quite wide just in case so, following this rule, if there had been a tour, April 24 could be a release date with no problems at all.

And with Dire Straits they did at least one tour before the record came out (OES).
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 39 queries.