Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Get Lucky Tour Diary  (Read 70263 times)

Offlinelfblaauw

• Camerado
Re: Guy's Get Lucky Tour Diary
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2010, 10:33:19 AM »
Oh, in my view Guy is alluding to the actual ending tune, Piper To The End. Nevermind, it's great as well.
Maybe So Far From The Clyde will reappear in the 2020 World Tour!  ;)

But I still do struggle with the fact that PTTE and SFFTC are quite sad songs, Going Home is a little bit more uplifting - especially prior the post-concert-blues.

Agree with you.  Wild Theme is also possible. Not very 'uplifting', but also a perfect 'closer'.  As I stated earlier, no MK/DS-concert is complete without one of the Local Hero-tunes as the closing tune.     

In my opinion I'd rather see them playing some big hits as encores. Although we've heard them many times, BIA and SFA are perfect encores. Same for MFN or some other 'big' ones.  A lot of diehards would prefer other songs, but a big part of the audience are 'tourists', and they expect big hits.   It's better to play a (beautiful) song like Piper in the main set.

Regards,
Lars B.

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #211 on: May 10, 2010, 03:36:14 PM »
Oh, in my view Guy is alluding to the actual ending tune, Piper To The End. Nevermind, it's great as well.
Maybe So Far From The Clyde will reappear in the 2020 World Tour!  ;)

But I still do struggle with the fact that PTTE and SFFTC are quite sad songs, Going Home is a little bit more uplifting - especially prior the post-concert-blues.

Agree with you.  Wild Theme is also possible. Not very 'uplifting', but also a perfect 'closer'.  As I stated earlier, no MK/DS-concert is complete without one of the Local Hero-tunes as the closing tune.     

In my opinion I'd rather see them playing some big hits as encores. Although we've heard them many times, BIA and SFA are perfect encores. Same for MFN or some other 'big' ones.  A lot of diehards would prefer other songs, but a big part of the audience are 'tourists', and they expect big hits.   It's better to play a (beautiful) song like Piper in the main set.

Regards,
Lars B.
I know what you are saying, but that's just not who MK is. Personally I don't like hits in the end anymore. It's so predictable... So 80ies in a way. No, place the hits all around the set, and end with a song that gives the audience something to think about. That's the recipe of the 2000's. (And starting to be a bit predictable, that too ;))

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #212 on: May 10, 2010, 09:19:10 PM »
I think Piper is a great closer, well judging from clips and setlists. What annoys me is that SFA is still in the set. Oh well.

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #213 on: May 21, 2010, 09:59:22 AM »
What annoys me is that SFA is still in the set. Oh well.
Yes, he should vary the classics more

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 35 queries.