Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Time To Stop?  (Read 3261 times)

OfflineJunkie Doll

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: Time To Stop?
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2024, 06:26:17 PM »
Well I was the one who first answered in this thread although it is strange somehow from the original poster  to turn up with post number 1 here and give order to "discuss" and never participate at the thread again. Seems suspicious amd troll-like somehow. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

LE

Still has just one message.

Who can be and what this person did that?

This is new for me.
First hit when I Googled the username: https://cdn-assets.bandmix.co.uk/tdog3506/

Knopfler is named as one of his influences.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2024, 06:28:46 PM »
Not sure if there’s a need for any private investigations at this point chaps, be nice!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineJunkie Doll

• Guitar George
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2024, 06:34:18 PM »
Not sure if there’s a need for any private investigations at this point chaps, be nice!
Don't worry, I don't even want to know the identity of this person. I only tried to "prove" that it probably isn't a troll account.

OfflineIron Hand

• Guitar George
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2024, 08:12:00 PM »
So, should MK stop? Well, why should he? There's still a lot of "juice" left in the man, and provided he stays healthy, I think we can expect several albums down the line. As I've mentioned in other threads, I just wish he'd use the opportunity to break the mold a little. I'm not saying I'd wish he'd write a five-hour suite for concrete mixer and accordion, but maybe hook up with some different musicians. Maybe some collaboration projects. I'd love an album of him and Steve Phillips revisiting their Duolian String Pickers repertoire (if Mark is up for it physically), much like Taj Mahal and Ry Cooder a couple of years ago. The opportunites are many for an artist like Mark.
One year from now, Mark might announce writing a five-hour suite for concrete mixer and accordion.  ;)
"I don't know how you came to get the Bette Davis kneeees"

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2024, 09:19:33 PM »
So, should MK stop? Well, why should he? There's still a lot of "juice" left in the man, and provided he stays healthy, I think we can expect several albums down the line. As I've mentioned in other threads, I just wish he'd use the opportunity to break the mold a little. I'm not saying I'd wish he'd write a five-hour suite for concrete mixer and accordion, but maybe hook up with some different musicians. Maybe some collaboration projects. I'd love an album of him and Steve Phillips revisiting their Duolian String Pickers repertoire (if Mark is up for it physically), much like Taj Mahal and Ry Cooder a couple of years ago. The opportunites are many for an artist like Mark.
One year from now, Mark might announce writing a five-hour suite for concrete mixer and accordion.  ;)

Sounds like the sort of thing he’d say in an interview with his typical modesty. “I hold a guitar like a concrete mixer holds an accordion.”

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2024, 12:43:52 PM »
Mark is my favourite artist, so, would I want him to stop? absolutely not, I think a lot of people don't get that Mark has evolved, on many levels, there are many artists of his age and era that don't do that, I mean Eric Clapton just keeps doing the same old thing, and why? I think it's because he really only has guitar playing to offer, as a song writer, there is no comparison to Mark, so, it stands to reason he keeps playing live. Mark is one of the greatest song writers ever, so, why would anyone want a person like that to stop doing what he does best? If he only released albums of just him strumming an acoustic I would buy it, for me, his songs have depth and meaning, something that playing fast scales just doesn't contain!!
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2024, 01:07:49 PM »
Mark is my favourite artist, so, would I want him to stop? absolutely not, I think a lot of people don't get that Mark has evolved, on many levels, there are many artists of his age and era that don't do that, I mean Eric Clapton just keeps doing the same old thing, and why? I think it's because he really only has guitar playing to offer, as a song writer, there is no comparison to Mark, so, it stands to reason he keeps playing live. Mark is one of the greatest song writers ever, so, why would anyone want a person like that to stop doing what he does best? If he only released albums of just him strumming an acoustic I would buy it, for me, his songs have depth and meaning, something that playing fast scales just doesn't contain!!

I agree.   MK is the complete musician.   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2024, 01:28:56 PM »
Well, in today's interview he said that the musician side of him reduced. So he is very well aware of that.

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2024, 08:46:48 PM »
Maybe he's been inspired by people like Bob Dylan, who has never had any interest in putting instruments and virtuosity to the forefront? And Dylan has nevertheless relased a lot of really intense and interesting albums. I think Mark has a "fear" of being pigeonholed, that he needs to play certain role that people expect of him, which will put limits on his artistic freedom.

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2024, 09:00:50 PM »
And Dylan has nevertheless relased a lot of really intense and interesting albums.

I disagree strongly. I could name 6 to 8 albums that I would call really intense and interesting any time.

Intense and interesting albums by (solo) MK, objectively spoken?  Three, at the most.

LE

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2024, 09:11:09 PM »
Dylan hired many guitar guns on his albums...
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2024, 09:24:27 PM »
And Dylan has nevertheless relased a lot of really intense and interesting albums.

I disagree strongly. I could name 6 to 8 albums that I would call really intense and interesting any time.

Intense and interesting albums by (solo) MK, objectively spoken?  Three, at the most.

LE

You misunderstood what I wrote. I meant that even though Dylan has not been interested in virtuosity, he has still released a number of intense and interesting albums :)

Mark (solo) has had intense and interesting songs, individually speaking. Whole albums not so much.

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2024, 09:27:58 PM »
Dylan hired many guitar guns on his albums...

Sure, but as far as I know (I'm not a Dylan expert), they have played more of a supporting role. More in the background. I like a lot of the albums from Time Out of Mind onwards, and there's terrific guitar playing on them, but never long, prominent solos.

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2024, 09:30:08 PM »

LE

You misunderstood what I wrote. I meant that even though Dylan has not been interested in virtuosity, he has still released a number of intense and interesting albums :)

Mark (solo) has had intense and interesting songs, individually speaking. Whole albums not so much.

Ooh sorry. Now I see. My mistake. It was a long and hard day  :lol

LE

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2024, 09:34:32 PM »
"Sure, but as far as I know (I'm not a Dylan expert), they have played more of a supporting role. More in the background"

In addition to Slow Train Coming or Infidels:)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 38 queries.