Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 601154 times)

OfflineLarsO

• Guitar George
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1245 on: June 09, 2015, 02:30:33 PM »
Guy's forum is now closed.

I knew it would happen eventually...

He really was too patiente with all the complaints, that has nothing to do with him but with MK decissions on setlists.

He changed his mind  :)

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
« Reply #1246 on: June 09, 2015, 02:41:33 PM »

You are asking Foma to respect your opinion, but at the same time you are attacking Foma opinions, which are equally valids, and to Foma, are the truth, his truth.

respect for others also means not to hammer them always with the same views (I am not referring specifically to foma, I speak generically)

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #1247 on: June 09, 2015, 03:17:23 PM »
I think indeed that 1000 posts is a good moment to stop. There is no addition, last time it's only negative and this one goes too far. So Foma start to behave yourself. No rude posts allowed here. That you are frustrated because mk doesn't come to your country doesn't mean you have to try to ruin it for others. If you have nothing to add then please do nothing

I understand Foma, I was like him about the STP tour era. It took a while for me to adapt to what MK was offering and stop all my negativeness, once it happened, I started enjoying what it would had been incredible for me to enjoy, records like Ragpickers, Crimson... that nowadays are my favourites.

If Foma feels that all is negative now for him, respect his feelings and allow him to express them, the best way to deal with his negative feelings is exactly that, taking them out. I know it annoys other people, but it´s a question of respect. You are asking Foma to respect your opinion, but at the same time you are attacking Foma opinions, which are equally valids, and to Foma, are the truth, his truth.

Foma, you have my respect, I understand how do you feel, because I was there before. If you want to remain a MK fan, you´ll learn how to deal with it, if not, there are many other artists to follow if you find in the end that MK has nothing left to offer you.

I was very pissed off during the Dublin show, for me it was a big dissapoinment to discover that MK was playing the 80% of the Privateering tour songs and in the same order, but I was able to see some light on it, and enjoy it, it was a great perfomance, and the 5 songs from Tracker being played sounded great for me, so I managed to balance between joy and dissapoinment. And I enjoyed my three shows during the Ireland and UK mini tour.
Noone is attacking foma's opinions, just his behavior.

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #1248 on: June 09, 2015, 03:49:06 PM »
There are a couple of old--and wise--sayings that come to mind.

"Give anger--get anger."   Most people will react to a statement in the same way it was made.  So don't attack Guy for getting defensive after complaint and whine and complaint and whine. 

"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."    There are certainly times to call attention to a problem, but to what purpose?  Will calling attention cause a positive change, or will it just cause more problems?      What good is moaning to Guy about the set list going to do?    The man is a genius and he has been so generous in sharing his tour blogs and his forum with his.  Hammering him for his generosity seems so unreasonable.

If you have a complaint about the setlist, write to Mark!   And will you get an answer?   No, you won't.   But please, stop attacking people who can't do anything about it--including those of us on this forum.   :)   
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

foma

« Reply #1249 on: June 09, 2015, 04:19:20 PM »

"Give anger--get anger."   Most people will react to a statement in the same way it was made.  So don't attack Guy for getting defensive after complaint and whine and complaint and whine. 

"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."    There are certainly times to call attention to a problem, but to what purpose?  Will calling attention cause a positive change, or will it just cause more problems?      What good is moaning to Guy about the set list going to do?    The man is a genius and he has been so generous in sharing his tour blogs and his forum with his.  Hammering him for his generosity seems so unreasonable.

If you have a complaint about the setlist, write to Mark!   And will you get an answer?   No, you won't.   But please, stop attacking people who can't do anything about it--including those of us on this forum.   :)   

I said just the same words many times here, but people don't want to listen and to even read something. Yes, we have a right to speak what we want, including criticism and idolising. But these rights are infringed on both sides. On one side there are 'the real fans' like a guy from last Guy's post to date:

'I'm going to your shows since 2010, and correct me if I'm wrong, but this must be the best tour. Happy to see the Forum is still open, it's really great for the real fans!'

To me personally only an idiot can say that he's a real fan as opposed to those stupid moaners, who don't like their idol at all or something.
Also I believe only an idiot can say to me what I must stop write here on (v)amit. I apologize, mister or missis Real Fan for my moaning.

Balance is a good thing and yes — I delete some of my early messages to keep the number of posts on 1000, because it's just cool ;D
Who thinks that I'm a guy who wear black all the time, cry and moan everywhere, and my mind is in melancholy — so GFY'S then.

Or better yet — close both forums from any critics and stay floating in this cheesy self-satisfied unquestioning positive 'real fans' fashion.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1250 on: June 09, 2015, 05:07:22 PM »

I said just the same words many times here, but people don't want to listen and to even read something. Yes, we have a right to speak what we want, including criticism and idolising. But these rights are infringed on both sides. On one side there are 'the real fans' like a guy from last Guy's post to date:

'I'm going to your shows since 2010, and correct me if I'm wrong, but this must be the best tour. Happy to see the Forum is still open, it's really great for the real fans!'

To me personally only an idiot can say that he's a real fan as opposed to those stupid moaners, who don't like their idol at all or something.
Also I believe only an idiot can say to me what I must stop write here on (v)amit. I apologize, mister or missis Real Fan for my moaning.

Balance is a good thing and yes — I delete some of my early messages to keep the number of posts on 1000, because it's just cool ;D
Who thinks that I'm a guy who wear black all the time, cry and moan everywhere, and my mind is in melancholy — so GFY'S then.

Or better yet — close both forums from any critics and stay floating in this cheesy self-satisfied unquestioning positive 'real fans' fashion.

That's a post of Guitarman72 from this forum ;) We got your point Foma, can you stop trolling now? GFY (go fuck yourself) isn't quite nice and won't be tollerated anymore, so stop it.

We highly appreciate your guitar and chord posts. Those are really brilliant. Please keep contributing that way.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:18:50 PM by Dutchessy »
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1251 on: June 09, 2015, 05:52:11 PM »

He really was too patiente with all the complaints, that has nothing to do with him but with MK decissions on setlists.

Well well!! What happened here??? I've been busy working and now I see that this Forum is also in trouble!! That's a pity!! Regarding Guy Fletcher if he changed his mind about closing his Forum then it's wise!!!! I respect the opinions of others regarding the Setlist but we don't have to be mean to eachother if we disagree!! :hmm
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1252 on: June 09, 2015, 07:35:02 PM »
This forum isn't in trouble.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1253 on: June 09, 2015, 07:58:49 PM »
then it's great, happy for that!!!!
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1254 on: June 09, 2015, 09:38:27 PM »
btw I am perfectly fine with 100% of the opinions posted in this whole forum, well almost.

I am quite disturbed by some users telling other users to go away.

Agree.  It's actually more refreshing to hear someone speak their mind for a change as long as we are polite to one another.

Congratulations on 1000 posts (again and again)!  ;)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #1255 on: June 10, 2015, 11:51:54 AM »
I think of Mark as quite an enigma.
But Guy too is an interesting examination in the human psych. I can't quite conceive of two musician friends who work closely and obviously respect each other greatly, yet have such polar opposite behaviours in social media and 'like button feedback'. The fact that Guy seems to spend a lot of time updating his website and examining Qs, posting them, answering whilst being a Proffesional musician in the middle of a tour has always seemed odd to me.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
« Reply #1256 on: June 10, 2015, 12:29:54 PM »
....The fact that Guy seems to spend a lot of time updating his website and examining Qs, posting them, answering whilst being a Proffesional musician in the middle of a tour has always seemed odd to me.

....and for that he deserves respect twice

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #1257 on: June 10, 2015, 12:30:44 PM »
btw I am perfectly fine with 100% of the opinions posted in this whole forum, well almost.

I am quite disturbed by some users telling other users to go away.

Agree.  It's actually more refreshing to hear someone speak their mind for a change as long as we are polite to one another.

Congratulations on 1000 posts (again and again)!  ;)
I'm a fanatic advocate of total freedom of speech, especially for those who don't agree with me. The only restriction I put is that somebody who feel insulted or defamed by other people's words must have a right to answer with equal power - on the same media, at the same page, with the same length and same font size ! Long live Voltaire: I hate your ideas but I will fight to death so that you can express them :)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1258 on: June 10, 2015, 03:10:52 PM »

Well well!! What happened here??? I've been busy working and now I see that this Forum is also in trouble!! That's a pity!! Regarding Guy Fletcher if he changed his mind about closing his Forum then it's wise!!!! I respect the opinions of others regarding the Setlist but we don't have to be mean to eachother if we disagree!! :hmm
qué and why?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

foma

« Reply #1259 on: June 10, 2015, 03:35:51 PM »
I still believe that if 'positive people' just stop using the term 'real fan', it will extremely decrease the negativeness of many people, me included.
See, when somebody types 'a real fan', like Ingrid on Guy's Forum recently, it basically means that all the other people is just a bunch of forgeries?

Why say critics to go to listen Justin Bieber? Why opposite critics telling they are not a real fans? Who really a real fan? Real fan love just everything?

In the end of the day, nobody can say wether critics are too much negative, or 'real fans' too negative to critics. Both groups of fans is over-overreacting.

To me critics of the critics is much more worse than just moaning. Stop using the term 'real fan' and all will be okay.
And this is another example of ridiculous 'real fan' attitude:

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 39 queries.