Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: How is everyone enjoying the concerts?  (Read 4784 times)

Offlineshooting_star_night

• Camerado
How is everyone enjoying the concerts?
« on: July 23, 2015, 12:01:34 AM »
                               Hi All :)

(I could not find a place for this; so I started a new thread; you can move it if need be :) )

How is everyone enjoying the concerts?

Which ones have you attended?

I hope all is well :)

Thank you All :)

OfflineH97

• Camerado
Re: How is everyone enjoying the concerts?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 08:20:40 AM »
You probably should have looked closer when you searched if such a thread already existed  :lol

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 09:43:07 AM »
i for one shooting star enjoyed the two (out of three scheduled, had to cancel one) i went to very much.
despite the moaning (including by myself) about the static setlist (sure you know all about that from Bob's recent outings) the shows themselves were thoroughly enjoyable and the sheer pleasure the band obviously had every night easily transferred to the audience.
the fact that we can hear a recording, officially, of every show within a few days of the show adds to the whole experience.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 09:43:22 AM »
you planning  to go to one of the US shows?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 10:15:03 AM »
Hi Shooting Star!   I went to four concerts, Manchester, Newcastle, O2 London and RAH 2 and I really enjoyed all of them.   The set list was longer at the beginning of the tour with 18/20 songs being played and the highlights for me were Skydiver/Laughs and Jokes, WIG, Mighty Man and Kingdom of Gold, but it was all wonderful and as Pottel has said, MK and the band were obviously having a great time onstage, which makes it all the more enjoyable for the audience.     I hope you get to see a show or two and if so I hope you have a good time!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 12:25:16 PM »
Like Val, I went to shows early in the tour at Glasgow and Newcastle.  I enjoyed both of them immensely and the highlights were Sultans, KOG, SAN and TR.

As Newcastle was the following day, I never had time to catch my feet before I was making my way down the road, followed by a few days holiday in "the toon."  After this I began to gather my thoughts about the concerts and realised that they could've been so much better if the set had been different from previous tours.  Then there was the fact that I saw a complete replica of Glasgow's show in Newcastle!  I was glad I didn't waste any more money watching identical shows at the same point in the tour.  Perhaps if one had been later in the tour (perhaps St Julien) it would've been worth it.

Then I bought the Bleecker FLAC downloads and my concert experience evaporated before my very eyes!  It appeared I was perhaps taken away by the concert experience or the atmosphere or whatever.  Suddenly the concerts sounded like poor performances compared to my memory.  The sticks don't lie and allow you to listen to it over and over again.

So in answer to your question:  yes, then a little disappointed.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 01:41:03 PM »
I did my first one in Dublin, last one in Sion and 18 in between.
I enjoyed them a lot. First in the UK very long shows, later I have the feel the band was in better shape.

Favorite songs: KOG, TR, LAJADAS

• Camerado
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 04:22:13 PM »
You probably should have looked closer when you searched if such a thread already existed  :lol

(I could not find a place for this; so I started a new thread; you can move it if need be :) )

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 04:27:10 PM »
Wonderful :)

Yes, I'm seeing him this Autumn :)

So far he's kept my 3 favourite songs.

I hope they stay.

I'm hoping they add more songs, do a little reworking of the set lists.

but since 2011 we've had to endure the "static" sets.

No problem there.

Hope everyone is/will have a great time during this years tour(s) :)

11-54_Stringcheese

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 05:26:11 PM »
Saw him in Cracow. First MK concert for me, though a long-time fan.

I knew what I was going to get in terms of the setlist (more or less), quality (high), musicianship, crowdpleasing (rather lack thereof), etc., so I was by no means disappointed given those premises. This being my first big concert, the whole experience was thrilling despite the lack of surprises.  I did the bull run - which is pretty silly, especially for a 39 year old - but I'm happy I did it.

Will I go see Mark live in the future? I don't think so. Not if he sticks to this format. I'm not that big a fan anymore. A radical change in terms of style of music and musicianship is not on the horizon, so it's a bit been there done that kind of thing.

But overall, yes, I enjoyed the show.

OfflineMK-47

• Local Hero
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 06:06:14 PM »
Unfortunately I haven't been to any MK concerts. I missed out on the opportunity two years ago and I regret it now. But by what I can see on youtube videos it would be a great experience to be there in person. There are some songs that I wouldn't mind replacing and I am a bit dissapointed about the strange absence of the songs from Tracker, but overall it's a great show.

I would especially  like to thank the heroes who took the trouble of filming and uploading the parts of the concerts because you enabled me to experience the MK magic, even if it's only through a computer screen. Thank you guys and gals  :clap

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 07:12:08 PM »
Unfortunately I haven't been to any MK concerts. I missed out on the opportunity two years ago and I regret it now. But by what I can see on youtube videos it would be a great experience to be there in person. There are some songs that I wouldn't mind replacing and I am a bit dissapointed about the strange absence of the songs from Tracker, but overall it's a great show.

I would especially  like to thank the heroes who took the trouble of filming and uploading the parts of the concerts because you enabled me to experience the MK magic, even if it's only through a computer screen. Thank you guys and gals  :clap

Hello MK-47, I was in the same situation than you before the 2nd of June 2015 at the Zenith Paris!! And I never regretted a minute I spent watching MK perform on stage for my very first time!! As I was alone and am very afraid to take the metro or suburban train in the evening, I had to take a taxi!! So it costed a lot of money but I was sooo happy when I came home!! Everytime MK was in Paris before I said Oh I can't threw away my money for a concert with him but when Tracker came out I decided that this time I'll go!! So hope you'll have too your first one soon!! :wave
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineMK-47

• Local Hero
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 11:24:00 PM »

Hello MK-47, I was in the same situation than you before the 2nd of June 2015 at the Zenith Paris!! And I never regretted a minute I spent watching MK perform on stage for my very first time!! As I was alone and am very afraid to take the metro or suburban train in the evening, I had to take a taxi!! So it costed a lot of money but I was sooo happy when I came home!! Everytime MK was in Paris before I said Oh I can't threw away my money for a concert with him but when Tracker came out I decided that this time I'll go!! So hope you'll have too your first one soon!! :wave

Thanks you! I am afraid I will have to wait for the next tour because the Knopfler circus won't be coming my way this time. It's great that you had such a great experience your first time! Money was a problem for me as well back in 2013 and unfortunately there were more urgent things I had to spend it on. And back then I was just starting to warm up on DS/MK so the ticket was a bit pricey for a show that I wasn't very interested in. Today I would sell my kidney if I had too  :)

I can only imagine how would it feel to finally see the man performing in front of you. And I also think that it is something that is best to go through alone unless you can find someone who is a fan such as you or more. Can you describe the feeling to me when you saw him in person on the stage?

And I understand from the comment that you particularly like Tracker and that is why you decided to go see him? If that's true then I entirely agree, I think Tracker is one of the best albums he made and I loved it from the first listen.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 01:03:35 AM »
The first time there is always something magic, sort of  "I am not dreaming, Mark and I are in the same room (even if a very big room and lot of people between us)". It was in 92 and will never forget that first thrill.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 09:42:49 AM »
The first time there is always something magic, sort of  "I am not dreaming, Mark and I are in the same room (even if a very big room and lot of people between us)". It was in 92 and will never forget that first thrill.

to me the real thrill was more in 96 when I was only 3 meters from him, while in 92  there was,as you said, some people between us, and I didn't see much the stage, and felt a little bit disapointed

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 37 queries.