Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 2014 MK RECORDING DIARY  (Read 168889 times)

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
Re: 2014 MK RECORDING DIARY
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2014, 05:56:48 AM »
No Skippers for me on Privateering.   :D  For me, it's beautiful -- I just wish he would have added the bonus songs, especially Follow the Ribbon...

Yes Lis! We are sisters now as well and the proof is the bonussong you picked ;-)
:D  Agreed!!!
And I love Follow the Ribbon.  I believe perfection was once again achieved...  :clap
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

surferboy

« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2014, 06:34:35 PM »
John McC just tweeted his tour schedule with Mike McG. Till mid March this doesn't leave a stretch of two coherent weeks of possible recording time with MK. Somehow this troubles me a bit, because either the band recording starts very late compared to MK's ambitious start in the studio early last autumn or is it after all going into an acoustic direction? Is an autumn release date and therefore a 2015 tour in danger? What are your thoughts on this piece of news?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:38:02 PM by surferboy »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2014, 07:06:02 PM »
Here's John's list:

http://www.johnmccusker.co.uk/

I am going to three of his dates, TS at Liverpool on 4th Feb then Bury on 8th and Saltaire on 7th March.

There is a gap in his schedule after 8th March until his tour with Heidi Talbot in April.

Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2014, 07:15:50 PM »
John McC just tweeted his tour schedule with Mike McG. Till mid March this doesn't leave a stretch of two coherent weeks of possible recording time with MK. Somehow this troubles me a bit, because either the band recording starts very late compared to MK's ambitious start in the studio early last autumn or is it after all going into an acoustic direction? Is an autumn release date and therefore a 2015 tour in danger? What are your thoughts on this piece of news?

Mark has recorded an album without John and Mike before.  Can't remember when but I'm sure he has at some point in the past!

Seriously, they could always record their little bit later and then mix it in.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2014, 07:20:42 PM »
The next album may not be folky, so they may not be needed, but as dmg said, their parts could be mixed in later.
Goin' into Tow Law....

LoveExpresso

« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2014, 09:30:21 PM »
Although, together with Phil Cunningham, they are such a splendid folk section that they are used as "live" as possible.. Border Reiver, Before Gas & TV, Kingdom Of Gold.. all pretty sure recorded at a full session, not overdubbed later I am pretty sure...

One or two folk tunes would be enough for me. I guess we never will get a "pure" MK album that offers only one style, one direction. His albums are always a summary of all his usual styles..

LE

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2014, 10:54:35 PM »
Let's hope for a less folky album this time.. I like his folk stuff, but not too much of it:-)
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2014, 11:19:08 PM »
Let's hope for a less folky album this time.. I like his folk stuff, but not too much of it:-)

+1
Fingers crossed!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2014, 11:27:15 PM »
also means that, even if we would be allowed to dream, no tour could start this year before 29.04.2014, his last show with his wife.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2014, 11:48:39 PM »
also means that, even if we would be allowed to dream, no tour could start this year before 29.04.2014, his last show with his wife.

what do you mean Pottel?
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2014, 12:05:42 AM »

+1
Fingers crossed!
I also hope for a new direction without the folkies. He peaked on Get Lucky with that. Before Gas and Clyde are 2 of his most wonderful tunes for me, but enough is enough.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2014, 08:55:34 AM »
Perhaps a mixed bag again would suffice - something for everyone! ;)
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2014, 09:34:19 AM »
Although, together with Phil Cunningham, they are such a splendid folk section that they are used as "live" as possible.. Border Reiver, Before Gas & TV, Kingdom Of Gold.. all pretty sure recorded at a full session, not overdubbed later I am pretty sure...

One or two folk tunes would be enough for me. I guess we never will get a "pure" MK album that offers only one style, one direction. His albums are always a summary of all his usual styles..

LE

I bet that folky stuff is played live together but added to the band mix. I mean that there is already drums, bass, guitars and keyboards recorded and then the folk section adds their part.

LoveExpresso

« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2014, 10:15:11 AM »

what do you mean Pottel?

McCusker is touring with his wife and has no time for Mark's tour befor 29.04., Dutchessy.
I guess Pottel means that he secretly (same as me) dreams that the reason for the long silence on Guy's site is that the album is almost ready and will be released this spring (like ATRR) and could bring a tour already starting THIS April, not next year... but these are only dreams, because pre-sale should have started long since...  :D ;D

LE
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:20:02 AM by Love Expresso »

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2014, 10:34:09 AM »

I'd rather have the folky stuff ( HFB /YTC etc) than another heavily blues flavoured album. Marks best "blues" tracks are things like One World or I think I Love You Too Much. I didn't enjoy the "rootsy" blues on Privateering so much.
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 41 queries.