Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 2014 MK RECORDING DIARY  (Read 168889 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: 2014 MK RECORDING DIARY
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2014, 12:13:19 AM »
Before you open it, which of Joe's albums are great to start with? Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated, since I don't have any of his records, only song here and there and what I have seen in youtube.

Well for a start you can download 'Dislocated boy' Live for free from Joe's homepage.
Personally I started with the 'RAH' 2009 Live album and then subsequently purchased all the studio/Live albums and boy are they good!
Maybe start with the studio albums 'Dustbowl' & 'Driving towards the daylight' to get an idea of where Joe is at!
)
The other albums in Joe's catalogue are:

Solo studio albums
A New Day Yesterday (2000)
So, It's Like That (2002)
Blues Deluxe (2003)
Had to Cry Today (2004)
You & Me (2006)
Sloe Gin (2007)
The Ballad of John Henry (2009)
Black Rock (2010)
Dust Bowl (2011) - Ruddy excellent!
Driving Towards the Daylight (2012) - Superb!

Live Albums
A New Day Yesterday Live (2002)
Shepherds Bush Empire (2007)
Live from Nowhere in Particular (2008)
Live from the Royal Albert Hall (2009)
Beacon Theatre: Live from New York (2012)
An Acoustic Evening at The Vienna Opera House (2013)

Give Joe a fair go - you might just enjoy him. Mind you to see him Live is another matter!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2014, 12:27:47 AM »
Thank you so much for the detailed list! So his latest albums are the best? Wow, this is a rare case. Usually the raw, genuine, unique sound of each artist comes in his first albums. I will get back to you once I get them and listen to them. Thank you once again!
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2014, 12:31:31 AM »
Thank you so much for the detailed list! So his latest albums are the best? Wow, this is a rare case. Usually the raw, genuine, unique sound of each artist comes in his first albums. I will get back to you once I get them and listen to them. Thank you once again!

I have just found that the early albums are fine I was just thinking of introducing you to the material he is playing right now because it is mindblowing. By the way a JB thread has been started on 'General Discussion'

Try the Live album's as they are seriously good - check out the licks from the Gibson Bonamassa Gold top!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

LoveExpresso

Re: Guy's 'MK' - Recording Diary 1st entry - 21st Jan 2014
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2014, 08:10:40 AM »
Or better clean up the Diary thread and put the Bonamassa posts together.. although commenting on every single diary entry also could be a solution..

There has always been chat more or less but it is obviously been captured by the Bonnamassa fraction heavily. ;D

Looking forward to a really great and BIG first entry after all those months waiting, Mr. Fletcher...

LE

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2014, 08:34:43 AM »
Or better clean up the Diary thread and put the Bonamassa posts together.. although commenting on every single diary entry also could be a solution..

There has always been chat more or less but it is obviously been captured by the Bonnamassa fraction heavily. ;D

Looking forward to a really great and BIG first entry after all those months waiting, Mr. Fletcher...

LE

Nowt wrong with talking about JB - LE but of course in the right thread!! ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:31:45 AM by Knopflerfan »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2014, 10:31:41 AM »
I'd merge this with the other thread and expect that the Jb conversations remains in the Jb threads (there are two at least) but it never works, LOL  ;D
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2014, 11:20:48 AM »
Please, May I ask you if you kindly move to the two Joe Bonamassa's thread to talk about him, and talk here about the 2014 diary?

A new thread about this topic was opened because this one has changed into JB, so now I am gonna merge both topics, so please, go to JB threads to talk about him, it doesn't matter to mention about him here, but lets try to focus.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2014, 11:29:57 AM »
Please, May I ask you if you kindly move to the two Joe Bonamassa's thread to talk about him, and talk here about the 2014 diary?

A new thread about this topic was opened because this one has changed into JB, so now I am gonna merge both topics, so please, go to JB threads to talk about him, it doesn't matter to mention about him here, but lets try to focus.

Sorry Sir and actually totally agree!! Onto more important issues and the unveiling (soon) of the new MK Recording diaries!!!!! :wave

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2014, 11:43:17 AM »
The fact that the first diary entry has the today date makes me feel even more nervous about it  ;D

The delay posting that first entry was always a good sign for me, as i thought it might be because they were working really hard, and now, knowing the big amount and variety of guitars used, and that some guestS were at British Grove as well, yet to know if for MK record or for anothers artists, makes it even more exciting.

Im gonna add new names for the colaborations. David Crosby and Graham Nash. MK recorded guitar for one of the new Crosby songs, and we know that Crosby and Nash are recording with Gilmour, so, my guess is the connection could be there. Crosby goes to MK studio to met him in person and thank him for his nice playing, and ended singing backing vocals for MK  ;D

Its another chance  ;)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2014, 11:48:33 AM »
The fact that the first diary entry has the today date makes me feel even more nervous about it  ;D

The delay posting that first entry was always a good sign for me, as i thought it might be because they were working really hard, and now, knowing the big amount and variety of guitars used, and that some guestS were at British Grove as well, yet to know if for MK record or for anothers artists, makes it even more exciting.

Im gonna add new names for the colaborations. David Crosby and Graham Nash. MK recorded guitar for one of the new Crosby songs, and we know that Crosby and Nash are recording with Gilmour, so, my guess is the connection could be there. Crosby goes to MK studio to met him in person and thank him for his nice playing, and ended singing backing vocals for MK  ;D

Its another chance  ;)

Yeah, the Crosby/Nash thing could definitely be a goer IMO;  a favour in return for playing on mine.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2014, 11:53:34 AM »
Yep I'll go with that too - Gilmour too I wonder?

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2014, 12:54:53 PM »
Yep I'll go with that too - Gilmour too I wonder?

I wish but, apparently Mark and David are already friends, as It was mentioned by someone that MK got to know some speakers in Gilmours studio and bought some for British Grove, and Gilmour recorded parts of "on an island" at MK's studio, but they never did anything on each others records...

I really wish Gilmour and Knopfler do something together on their records, so lets see what happens  ;)

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2014, 01:01:32 PM »
Also another thing comes to mind...

What if MK is doing another "crimson"... I mean, like in that record, doing all guitars by himself, craft the biggest part of the song just himself and Guy, and then call Ian and Glenn to finish the songs, and the Macs and other guests to add details here and there...

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2014, 12:45:10 PM »
Also another thing comes to mind...

What if MK is doing another "crimson"... I mean, like in that record, doing all guitars by himself, craft the biggest part of the song just himself and Guy, and then call Ian and Glenn to finish the songs, and the Macs and other guests to add details here and there...

I hope not.. Not my favorite the KTGC album.......

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2014, 01:39:38 PM »
I agree although there are some decent tracks on there but alas a few 'skippers', but I presume jbaent was meaning in the sense of how that particular album was put together...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 41 queries.