Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 2014 MK RECORDING DIARY  (Read 168917 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Re: 2014 MK RECORDING DIARY
« Reply #315 on: March 02, 2014, 02:16:38 PM »
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrggghhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :smack :smack :smack

I saw only today the mail where to send the asnwer for the contest. I sent my answer yesterday bu to the forum mail

and...in haste......I reversed 2 guitars in my answer :disbelief :disbelief :disbelief :smack

I sent it again with the correction to the right mail today, but....

it seems it's over for me.... :'(

good luck to you guys  :wave

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #316 on: March 02, 2014, 09:34:30 PM »
The diary entry says to me how naive were we thinking that the new cd will be out this year touring next...

It looks like they are in early stages yet, unless Guy provides with new (and valuable) information, my guess is cd out in 2015, tour on 2016.
huh? where is that written??
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
« Reply #317 on: March 04, 2014, 09:13:22 PM »
I still think we will see a new album this year. Somewhere in the fall. Probably October instead of the usual around September release. Remember Guy said something on his forum about some oppertunity comming in between they couldn't let pass by. Secondly he also states that they have locked themselves away.

"after another great stint on the road last summer, Mark and I resumed work in the studio a few months ago and started work on another album."

Besides that I think he keeps something secret from us for now about this recording. I think they have some very special guest(s) on it. Also this could be a very good sign it takes a bit longer. Usually first Mark and Guy work out and lay down the basic songs and later they add the band. Adding the band to the tracks doesn't take that much time. Mark works with very skilled musicians. It's often just a matter of a couple of weeks to add those tracks with the rest of the band. I have a feeling Mark wrote alot of material again from which they can work with.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #318 on: March 04, 2014, 09:25:56 PM »
I still think we will see a new album this year. Somewhere in the fall. Probably October instead of the usual around September release. Remember Guy said something on his forum about some oppertunity comming in between they couldn't let pass by. Secondly he also states that they have locked themselves away.

"after another great stint on the road last summer, Mark and I resumed work in the studio a few months ago and started work on another album."

Besides that I think he keeps something secret from us for now about this recording. I think they have some very special guest(s) on it. Also this could be a very good sign it takes a bit longer. Usually first Mark and Guy work out and lay down the basic songs and later they add the band. Adding the band to the tracks doesn't take that much time. Mark works with very skilled musicians. It's often just a matter of a couple of weeks to add those tracks with the rest of the band. I have a feeling Mark wrote alot of material again from which they can work with.

I do really hope, that you're right. But my impression is that we will have to wait until the autumn of 2015....
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
« Reply #319 on: March 04, 2014, 10:44:11 PM »
Why would you think the new album will be released in 2015? To me it doesn't make sense. He is now in the studio working on the album. If you look back since 2000 he released every two years a new album. Except for the last one, but we got a double album from Mark to make up for that. :-)

To me it doesn't look like his kinda normal routine 2 year scedule, if he would release it in 2015. Writing songs in the fall, recording winter/early spring, mixing/mastering in spring time, summer manufacturing etc of the cds.. around fall album release. Then fall and winter promotion on tv and in magazines and beginning of spring tour.

Also Mark understands he is aging and that at some point his body won't let him do what his mind wants to do. Knowing Mark there is still so much he wants to put out there into the world. That album will be here in the fall!  ;D

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #320 on: March 04, 2014, 11:12:47 PM »
I agree with Guitarman.  There's plenty of time yet to record an album - we're only just into March and it doesn't take long to record an album really.  The EP back in '83 took only days to record!

There's also the possibility that they could go on the road as the album's being released.  Why do they have to wait until the year after release?  In '91 they were on the road before the OES album was even released!  Same for BIA I think.  What a load of panic merchants! ::)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

LoveExpresso

« Reply #321 on: March 04, 2014, 11:20:07 PM »
For an autumn 2014 release the album has to be mixed/comped/completed in May 2014. There are these inevitable months between completing the recording and its final release...  Now we have March and the band has not even been at BG...

So maybe it will be an semi-acoustic album, and the band has just some minor jobs to do.. a three week stint and everything is ready because Guy and Mark pre-worked so well... The schedule is tight nevertheless and I am also sceptical in matters of an autumn release this year...

Maybe Mark breaks the routine (once more) like he did with Emmylou or Golden Heart and plans a spring 2015 release. That again would mean no tour start in March/April 2015 but later... or it will be just a small tour...

Or mark really takes his time. Doing two, three, four, more band sessions, guest musicians etc. and really will release the album when it's ready - autumn 2015...

It is quite thrilling isn't it...

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #322 on: March 05, 2014, 11:52:09 AM »
For an autumn 2014 release the album has to be mixed/comped/completed in May 2014. There are these inevitable months between completing the recording and its final release...  Now we have March and the band has not even been at BG...

May 2014 completion isn't impossible (probably) but why so long to release?  What about a summer release?

So maybe it will be an semi-acoustic album, and the band has just some minor jobs to do.. a three week stint and everything is ready because Guy and Mark pre-worked so well... The schedule is tight nevertheless and I am also sceptical in matters of an autumn release this year...

Maybe Mark breaks the routine (once more) like he did with Emmylou or Golden Heart and plans a spring 2015 release. That again would mean no tour start in March/April 2015 but later... or it will be just a small tour...

He might release in March/April 2015 and start the tour around this time too!

Or mark really takes his time. Doing two, three, four, more band sessions, guest musicians etc. and really will release the album when it's ready - autumn 2015...

It is quite thrilling isn't it...

Argh... ;D

LE
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #323 on: March 05, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »
Don't panic   :disbelief
The man just moved to Universal.
That means Universal wants a record as soon as possible and I have no doubt MK wants to show his loyalty.
Moreover, Guy is obviously too busy to update his diary section. That's a very good sign: they are under pressure.  ;D 

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #324 on: March 05, 2014, 05:59:42 PM »
Personally I reckon MK already has the songs/tunes as he stated at Bridport he already has a backlog of many songs. I am going very strongly for a summer/Autumn release with a tour next year!
That's what I'm hoping for as I want to do as many shows as possible for my 40th Birthday year!!!!!!!! ;) :wave
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #325 on: March 05, 2014, 07:47:46 PM »
That means Universal wants a record as soon as possible and I have no doubt MK wants to show his loyalty.
Moreover, Guy is obviously too busy to update his diary section. That's a very good sign: they are under pressure.  ;D

Good point!
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #326 on: March 06, 2014, 01:24:32 AM »

That only applies for the US, he is with Universal since they "eat" Mercury, long ago.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:06:25 AM by jbaent »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #327 on: March 06, 2014, 02:01:18 PM »
Guy is being misterious about when the band will come to record. After he said that next diarie entry will be when band comes to town, i asked him if there are any date for this, and he didnt answer at all.

I wonder why all that mistery about it...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineMusicGirl1

• Local Hero
« Reply #328 on: March 07, 2014, 09:01:39 AM »
Have been reading the most recent posts in this topic. Well....., it sure would be nice if Mark & band are planning on releasing a new album somewhere in the summer/fall, or maybe early 2015.

If all this mysterious stuff Guy is coming up with means they are working on something new, that would be very good news.  :)

Have a good friday all (it's almost weekend everyone  :)),

Maaike

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #329 on: March 07, 2014, 09:58:52 AM »
quote author=MusicGirl1 link=topic=3501.msg79891#msg79891 date=1394179299]
Have been reading the most recent posts in this topic. Well....., it sure would be nice if Mark & band are planning on releasing a new album somewhere in the summer/fall, or maybe early 2015.

If all this mysterious stuff Guy is coming up with means they are working on something new, that would be very good news.  :)

Have a good friday all (it's almost weekend everyone  :)),

Maaike
[/quote]

Hello Maaike from the netherlands ;)

we are talking about this:

http://guyfletcher.co.uk/index.php/2014mkrecording/2014StudioDiary1

Proud member of the AMIT crew

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 37 queries.