Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #86 DTRW TOUR - Sep 25 2019 - Madison Square Garden, NYC, NY, US(w.Bonnie Raitt)  (Read 119039 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
When Eric Clapton stopped touring and only did three or four concerts at the RAH in May, to get tickets was more difficult, but we are experienced purchasing tickets with the fair admission and presales, so we don't have problem to get tickets, but the general audience that doesn't know about the FA and presale... I managed to get tickets to Clapton at the RAH two years ago, using the "what´s Eric" presale, for example, and it was the only time I tried, so, 100% of success, LOL

A die-hard fan will always find a way to buy a ticket for any price so it's not a problem at all :lol
What about tickets price? Will it reach stratosphere in that case by the way? With a smaller tour.

What I paid for that Clapton ticket was high, but not much higher than MK... so in comparation, smaller tour vs big tour didn't make a big difference.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I can't wait but I can't believe this is the last concert :(

It's not the last. Read Guy.

It is for Guy if they don't play Dance Floor tonight!  :lol

I know he's been in top form recently however the shows have lacked the killer songs and it's only recently he's been reaching the sort of form you'd expect perhaps a couple of weeks into the tour.  I'm also thinking about the sad sight of an elderly man walking out in Barcelona and when any future tour would occur he'd be mid 70s, worse condition and a setlist adjusted to nothing of note.  Do I want this or do I want to see him finish touring in this form?  The latter.

Also, let's not forget what he himself wanted to do even weeks into the tour.  He must've been really struggling with the pace of it all at the start.  As soon as he's stopped touring I'm not quite so sure he'll be feeling like starting up again.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:53:11 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
I can't wait but I can't believe this is the last concert :(

It's not the last. Read Guy.

It is for Guy if they don't play Dance Floor tonight!  :lol

I know he's been in top form recently however the shows have lacked the killer songs and it's only recently he's been reaching the sort of form you'd expect perhaps a couple of weeks into the tour.  I'm also thinking about the sad sight of an elderly man walking out in Barcelona and when any future tour would occur he'd be mid 70s, worse condition and a setlist adjusted to nothing of note.  Do I want this or do I want to see him finish touring in this form?  The latter.

Also, let's not forget what he himself wanted to do even weeks into the tour.  He must've been really struggling with the pace of it all at the start.  As soon as he's stopped touring I'm not quite so sure he'll be feeling like starting up again.

Let guess is just that the start of the tour coincided with him having any health issue or just being worried about if he had to stop touring or not and he was sad about it, and it took some months to really understand he wants to keep doing it or feeling better. But in a smaller scale, as he says "it has to be normal traveling for old man"

Other artists of MK age and older tour without any problem, and he looks far batter now so, I think if he finished well, he might be looking to go back as soon as he can, I hope!

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Coming back on stage asap is the best thing he can do after getting the necessary rest.

And when he will do only 1.5 hour long show some fans here will complain that it is way too short...
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
Coming back on stage asap is the best thing he can do after getting the necessary rest.

And when he will do only 1.5 hour long show some fans here will complain that it is way too short...

What we're all forgetting is that he isn't doing this for us, he's doing it for him. If Mark wants to come on stage in an electric wheelchair and play one handed xylophone solos he'll do it, and there will be plenty of people willing to watch.... ;D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:45:34 PM by 2manyguitars »

hunter

What we're all forgetting is that he isn't doing this for us, he's doing it for him. If Mark wants to come on stage in an electric wheelchair and play one handed xylophone solos he'll do it, and there will be plenty of people willing to watch.... ;D

Then we enter into 'freak show' territory. 'Come and see the Devil Baby ...'

OfflineMillionaire Blues

• Camerado
Thanks Lis for the information regarding restaurant..may well pop in for a drink..

What time will you be there??

Offlinezigner

• Guitar George
I'm shocked that there are only a few posts speculating about which song was rehearsed to be added to the setlist for the MSG show.

To me the song that makes the most sense, and wouldn't require much rehearsal for, would be Sultans of Swing. MK might have fond memories of playing this song the first time they played MSG, and this would be a fitting bookend for his lifetime of shows at the venue.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I'm shocked that there are only a few posts speculating about which song was rehearsed to be added to the setlist for the MSG show.

To me the song that makes the most sense, and wouldn't require much rehearsal for, would be Sultans of Swing. MK might have fond memories of playing this song the first time they played MSG, and this would be a fitting bookend for his lifetime of shows at the venue.

Not knowing Mark.  I reckon it'll be Prairie Wedding.

hunter

Or Bonnie playing slide on Corned Beef City :)

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
It's going to be the long awaited, much anticipated 34 minute version of Marbletown.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler

That's how much we expect from MK that we don't mind about it, lol

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
Actually, some of us we know what they will play together. They had been rehearsing a song in the last open air concerts...

The only thing I'd say, in order to not spoil too much, is one song MK had player before with a female singer.

One that i like quite a lot by the way, and apparently not too much room for Bonne slide guitar.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
So who's the night owls and who's going to Bedfordshire?

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
I have Rudy Pensa sitting in front of me. No joke.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 43 queries.