Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Six Blade Knife: Tel Aviv 1985  (Read 3892 times)

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
Six Blade Knife: Tel Aviv 1985
« on: March 24, 2021, 01:54:00 PM »
Hi all

I came across this video on FB / YouTube. It appears to be an ultra rare recording of Six Blade Knife on the BIA tour, this one recorded in Tel Aviv. Its a complete version and until today I only knew of the incomplete recording from Split.  Would be great to get the whole recording but grateful to be able to hear this, including the ending:

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Six Blade Knife: Tel Aviv 1985
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 10:56:06 AM »
not new. still hoping for the complete recording to be shared by this guy. been promising it.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 03:39:17 PM »
Well its new to me and I guess a few others. Not listed on oneverybootleg or on in the online drive

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 05:58:38 PM »
Yes indeed a very good find.  :thumbsup
According to the BIA-Tourbook of Live in 85 there are three Israel-gigs listed. One in Jerusalem and two in Tel Aviv. On YouTube is a MTV-Special documentary about Dire Straits in Israel hosted by Paula Yates. There is not a lot of documents, photos or videos from that Israel gigs around. Will be cool to find further stuff in the near future. I don´t know, if here is a fellow fan-member, who has attended the Israel shows and took some photos, or has more information. I only have some Vinyl-LPs as Israeli-pressings from Dire Straits in my collection. That´s all. :think 
We are fools to make war

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 07:11:17 PM »
Dire Straits in Israel
I have this document on VHS. A long time ago I recorded with TV

Paula Yates
I didn't know she had such a tragic life:(
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 07:49:05 PM »
Yes, also sad to know.
Interesting in this dokumentation is the "other" Walk of life-Video with the musician in the tunnel. The more known video is that version with the sport-accidents. In the alternate video you can see Dire Straits on an open air stage with their instruments. That was the Jerusalem location called "Sultans Pool", where one of the Israel-gigs took place. As i said, there is not a lot of footage, infos or documents about the Israel shows. I own some Israel-pressings of Dire Straits records and i know that doku. But i´m of the opinion that someone should have filmed the shows or took some photos there. Maybe someone owns the original Israel-tickets or owns an original tournee-poster of the shows in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. On ebay i once watched an old concert-ticket from Jugoslavia Zagreb i think.
Knopfler also played a concert in Dubai in 2005 during the Shangri-La Worldtour and a concert in Bangalore and in Mumbay (Bombay) in India.
We are fools to make war

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 01:12:27 PM »
Yes, also sad to know.
Interesting in this dokumentation is the "other" Walk of life-Video with the musician in the tunnel. The more known video is that version with the sport-accidents. In the alternate video you can see Dire Straits on an open air stage with their instruments. That was the Jerusalem location called "Sultans Pool", where one of the Israel-gigs took place. As i said, there is not a lot of footage, infos or documents about the Israel shows. I own some Israel-pressings of Dire Straits records and i know that doku. But i´m of the opinion that someone should have filmed the shows or took some photos there. Maybe someone owns the original Israel-tickets or owns an original tournee-poster of the shows in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. On ebay i once watched an old concert-ticket from Jugoslavia Zagreb i think.
Knopfler also played a concert in Dubai in 2005 during the Shangri-La Worldtour and a concert in Bangalore and in Mumbay (Bombay) in India.
check On every bootleg. there is a ticket for the third show
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 04:52:21 PM »
Wow, cool find.  :thumbsup
We are fools to make war

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2023, 12:27:23 PM »
Hi all

I came across this video on FB / YouTube. It appears to be an ultra rare recording of Six Blade Knife on the BIA tour, this one recorded in Tel Aviv. Its a complete version and until today I only knew of the incomplete recording from Split.  Would be great to get the whole recording but grateful to be able to hear this, including the ending:

Does anyone have a working link to this recording ? Seems to be private now .TIA

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2023, 02:54:43 PM »
Hi all

Does anyone have a working link to this recording ? Seems to be private now .TIA
+1
 :thumbsup

OfflineK-alberto

• Camerado
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2023, 04:08:39 PM »

+1

+1  :thumbsup

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2023, 04:58:39 PM »
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2023, 06:31:20 PM »

+1

Some of the collectors might share this bootleg or something: http://www.oneverybootleg.nl/telaviv1985.htm

The music belongs to people, not sitting on the shelf. Besides, sooner or later every gem will be discovered anyway. We've already heard ultra-rare complete "Summer's Going My Way", and "Telegraph Road" without fade-out (if memory serves me well) and other rarities. It will find a way.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2023, 06:44:21 PM »
And Sacred Loving...
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineiorch82

• Local Hero
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2023, 09:43:06 AM »
OMG the non-faded out TR, that ending guitar lick it's a total meme!  :lol

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 38 queries.