Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Official 2019 Tour Dates  (Read 213706 times)

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
Re: Official 2019 Tour Dates
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2018, 03:55:19 PM »
What do you guys think about taking kids, I’ve got a 9 and 7 year old that want to go to a show. I’d get earplugs to protect them from loud parts. Just not sure how the organisers will feel about it. All opinions welcome.
I've seen  young children in the past.
I wouldn't take mine to a show as they really don't like.
that said, my 13 y.o. daughter is excited to go to the musical ( or maybe it's for the shopping part in London)   :hmm

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2018, 04:22:27 PM »
What do you guys think about taking kids, I’ve got a 9 and 7 year old that want to go to a show. I’d get earplugs to protect them from loud parts. Just not sure how the organisers will feel about it. All opinions welcome.

The organisers would not mind, I saw some at differents shows.

The main concern is how the children will behave because a 2h00 show can be long for younger kids.
So are you ready to leave the hall and miss parts of the show if they are really bored and need some "fresh air"?
Or are they already strong fans of Mark Knopfler music and so will enjoy a live show?
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2018, 05:02:29 PM »

Actually I bring earplugs even for myself, because the loudness of the shows is usually over the limit. One day I was so tired of going home with my ears being like after a bomb blast or a fighter aircraft taking off I bought a very cool Flare Audio earplugs and it's like the best purchase in my life.

Love Expresso

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2018, 05:07:17 PM »
Are you referring to MK's shows or shows in general?

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2018, 05:28:06 PM »

Actually I bring earplugs even for myself, because the loudness of the shows is usually over the limit. One day I was so tired of going home with my ears being like after a bomb blast or a fighter aircraft taking off I bought a very cool Flare Audio earplugs and it's like the best purchase in my life.

Personally, I have never needed earplugs for any MK concert.  The only time I needed them was for the MK/Dylan concert and even then it was only the Dylan part that was ultra-loud - MK was fine! 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2018, 06:07:46 PM »
When going with kids to a concert you have to sign a special document to allow the kids to go.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OnlineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2018, 06:40:52 PM »
When going with kids to a concert you have to sign a special document to allow the kids to go.
Do you? Where is this document?

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2018, 06:45:12 PM »
A new tourdate for Germany. 13.05.2019 Köln, Lanxess Arena.
https://www.ringrocker.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=31648
 :wave

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2018, 06:47:42 PM »

Usually in the page of the ticket seller. For example, Ticketmaster Spain has it, you download bit, print, fill and when you go to the venue you present it at the door.

All ticket sellers usually has policy for kids going to concerts, at least in Spain.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2018, 08:47:19 PM »

Usually in the page of the ticket seller. For example, Ticketmaster Spain has it, you download bit, print, fill and when you go to the venue you present it at the door.

All ticket sellers usually has policy for kids going to concerts, at least in Spain.

Never heard of that before.

I was actually 7 when I went to my first MK concert. I was all the way up front with my dad. We waited all day outside the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam with other die hard fans (one of them who was kindly enough to give us these pictures). Everybody was very understanding back then (it probably helped I wore a Love Over Gold tour shirt). I was even allowed to stand in front of the railing on a little platform of the construction. I even peed backstage during the concert and walked right back. Mark gave me a few plectrums after the concert and Chad got down on his knees to give me his drumsticks. Very cool stuff

It probably isn't possible anymore nowadays.

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2018, 09:48:23 PM »

Never heard of that before.

I was actually 7 when I went to my first MK concert. I was all the way up front with my dad. We waited all day outside the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam with other die hard fans (one of them who was kindly enough to give us these pictures). Everybody was very understanding back then (it probably helped I wore a Love Over Gold tour shirt). I was even allowed to stand in front of the railing on a little platform of the construction. I even peed backstage during the concert and walked right back. Mark gave me a few plectrums after the concert and Chad got down on his knees to give me his drumsticks. Very cool stuff

It probably isn't possible anymore nowadays.
love over gold!
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2018, 11:23:59 PM »
Quote from: superval99 on October 19, 2018, 07:09:55 pm
Good news for me - The First Direct Arena, Leeds!     :clap   Perhaps I will see you there jbaent!   :)

I might go to Leeds.  Fancy something a bit different this time. 

The O2 is a shocker of a decision.

It would be great to see you there too, dmg!    :)     We won't be going to the O2 either, most probably Leeds, Manchester and, possibly, the RAH if the dates are OK to fit in with holidays.
Looks like nice people might go to Leeds .
I'm afraid you gonna see me there too   ;D ;D ;D ;D  it's an easy one.

Working on the Newcastle scenario or more likely Dublin.
Kick off in Barcelona if the date fits in my schedule.
 I shot myself in the foot by going with my daughter to Edimburgh for the musical (and extended the trip to London  :hmm )   

Nevermind, the chess game has just started.   :lol

Looking at the dates I may as well go to Newcastle too since I'll be passing through the city on my way home from Leeds on the day of the concert.  It'd be silly not to stop off and take in the show!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinerockaway

• Local Hero
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2018, 03:25:24 AM »
"Dates for the 2019 Down The Road Wherever Tour will be announced Monday 22nd Oct on markknopfler.con and MKNews, 10 am GMT."

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2018, 08:17:46 AM »
Where do you see that?  :)
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2018, 08:22:15 AM »
MK news sent an email.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 40 queries.