Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Release date  (Read 44736 times)

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
Re: Release date
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2018, 07:15:40 PM »
Maybe this code will be active  :think

Which code?

There is no card? I do not know because the box in my country will be available tomorrow. I have a deluxe version

The code is active and only has 14 songs. It's been mentioned largely.

Sorry. Thanks for the information

Only vinyl records? My God :(

I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2018, 08:02:18 PM »
No sense. Who needs code for 14 tracks that are on the disc

https://store.markknopfler.com/down-the-road-wherever-2018-deluxe-lp-box-set

No sense

Clear as the day

Offlinejonboy71

• Guitar George
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2018, 09:13:06 PM »
What's the point of including a digital download card inside a very expensive box with 19 songs and include in that download just 14 songs?

What joke is this?

We all should complain and claim for the remaining 5 songs.

And what about the song 20?

I have emailed MarkKnopfler.com (https://support.markknopfler.com/support/tickets/new) support regarding this.  I encourage everyone else to do so to make these available to us. One has to think this was a mistake and the tracks should have been included as they have in all previous box sets.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:16:24 PM by jonboy71 »

Offlinejonboy71

• Guitar George
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2018, 09:34:54 PM »
Does anyone have higher quality rips than the 128k version of tracks 17-19 yet?  If so, a link would be appreciated.

Love Expresso

« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2018, 09:38:30 PM »
Jesus Christ folks... it gets annoying.. Just read about it in all the thread will you. In fact we are talking about hardly anything else since early this morning.  Or I suggest you buy the vinyl box yourself  and make better recordings on your own ...

LE

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2018, 09:43:09 PM »
Let's face facts - this whole release has been a shambles.

I paid £29.99 for a double vinyl album that is missing Drovers Road from the standard £9.99 CD.

Even the box set people with their bonus vinyl disk still miss out on two of the "deluxe" tracks on vinyl.

Nobody gets all songs on digital.

All these reviews of the album - which album were they reviewing?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2018, 10:05:36 PM »
Imagine that day they released an album with only 5 songs... ::)

If this is the worst that happes in life, I don’t care. :lol

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2018, 10:09:50 PM »
I paid £29.99 for a double vinyl album that is missing Drovers Road from the standard £9.99 CD.

omg it's really absurd and not a random song but one of the best
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2018, 10:16:03 PM »
Well, look at this way, once you buy the deluxe box, you got most tracks in three different masterings (cd, digital and vinyl) which does make a huge difference in terms of sound. It’s not too bad that we miss one out of twenty songs.

Secondy, from what I heard so far (my box arrives tomorrow...), it’s an incredibly good record, great songs and a new tour is scheduled so maybe but just maybe we should complain a little less? :think

I do understand, my opinion doesn’t allow me to make new friends. :lol :lol :lol

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2018, 10:25:15 PM »
Imagine that day they released an album with only 5 songs... ::)

If this is the worst that happes in life, I don’t care.
You are right of course, first world problems, but these things are important to me!

I just made a big ceremony about listening to the album for the first time.

Afterwards I find out it WASN'T the album, because Drover's Road is on the album.

I know exactly what is on the Love Over Gold album. All the DS albums in fact, and most of MK (STP is the UK release for me but I know this was different around the world).

To me an album is a single entity, it is put together as such.

I know with Spotify and the like the concept is dying but I still cling to it, otherwise I should just turn Spotify on and select random play...
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2018, 10:26:21 PM »
Well, look at this way, once you buy the deluxe box, you got most tracks in three different masterings (cd, digital and vinyl) which does make a huge difference in terms of sound. It’s not too bad that we miss one out of twenty songs.

Secondy, from what I heard so far (my box arrives tomorrow...), it’s an incredibly good record, great songs and a new tour is scheduled so maybe but just maybe we should complain a little less? :think

I do understand, my opinion doesn’t allow me to make new friends. :lol :lol :lol

Well, but not everyone can listen to vinyl records. Three songs are not for them :-[
Clear as the day

Love Expresso

« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2018, 10:42:22 AM »
Gave it a another complete listen this morning with the clear order not to skip anything and went through from track 1 to 16 enjoying it overall immensly.

Minor complaints about the running order but that's just me. Kicking out Just A Boy and replacing it with Don't Suck Me In and kicking out When You Leave completely   :) plus Pale Imitation instead of Slow Learner and it would indeed be a really great album close to brilliant. So it is "just" a very very good album.

LE

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2018, 11:02:02 AM »
Gave it a another complete listen this morning with the clear order not to skip anything and went through from track 1 to 16 enjoying it overall immensly.

Minor complaints about the running order but that's just me. Kicking out Just A Boy and replacing it with Don't Suck Me In and kicking out When You Leave completely   :) plus Pale Imitation instead of Slow Learner and it would indeed be a really great album close to brilliant. So it is "just" a very very good album.

LE

Agree, this album is so much better than Tracker. This is in the top 3 with Privateering and The RP Dream.
I made my tour debut last time with Tracker tour and I am more than excited for the DTRW tour next year, especially since i got row 1 through FA, will try to record the whole show!  :lol

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2018, 11:04:09 AM »

LE
Kicking out When you leave completely ?! This one is a beautiful masterpiece...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2018, 11:25:17 AM »

LE

I would totally agree here with the inclusion of Sky and Water for Floating Away.  Also put Every Heart on the main album with When You Leave as a bonus.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 43 queries.